New Grower long time lurker does first grow

@jingo I am tempted to get a kelp foliar spray that a local shop says would help my plants. Not sure how good this guy is with this stuff but he's got way more experience than me. I might get it and try it just because it might be good to have it available in the future too. But I like your idea of waiting a couple of days too now that the repotting is done and things are improving. I think I'll switch to HPS in a couple of days too like you said. Nights are getting cooler here and the T5 lights run so cool my tent temps are dropping a bit.

I've used kelp in a foliar spray it does real well actually it's really whenever you see kelp it's kind of a plant hormone and stimulator also. I'm kind of into that thing that I use something a little bit less organic although really it is organic I use SM 90. But there's some debate over how much of that you can use without harming your beneficial bacteria so it's more of a foliar spray for people who are growing organic.

I'm going to get Nitrozyme. That's what the guy recommended and looks like a lot of people use it as a foliar only and during veg and early flower. once a week. And all the posts I found on google trend towards this stuff being effective and I think it will help my plants deal with the recent stress. Could be exactly what I need right now.

Hope to post some new pics tomorrow showing even better looking plants.

@jingo @hippy71 @archie gemmill

3 of the 4 plants are great now. I even have a couple of them under HPS and T5 combo lighting now, and the other 2 under only T5. And the nitrozyme was sprayed on last night too. And I'll get some humic acid today.

The one plant that had the worse yellow bottom leaves looks surprisingly worse today, considering 3 of them really rebounded. I'll post a picture of the good ones in a day or two so we can see hopefully more growth etc. The other one which was under HPS/T5 last night is below. The yellowing is more pronounced and there is even some curling. What does this look like? Nutes or watering or light/heat issue? Or maybe the transplant? I am trying to get used to watering a big pot now too. I watered the cups and pots before the transplant and just left them alone other than the nitrozyme spray.

I checked moisture this morning and the overall larger pot medium was dry and I didn't want to stick my finger in the inside part that was in the cup for fear of damaging roots. I am not sure what trick there is for checking moisture in a big pot with small plants in them that were just transplanted. So I watered with PH water just around the root circumference this morning. About 1.25 cups of water per plant. You can see that in the picture.

20170914_085002[1].jpg

When you transplanted where your roots wet or slimy to the feel? I'm just asking cuz the plant looks like one's been overwatered or under-watered and I just don't think that's likely now that you just transplanted.

@jingo
I'm not sure. I just felt wet "dirt". I didn't really inspect the roots other than looking for a ball at the bottom and just tried to hang on to them during the move to the pots without hurting them.

already have a thread going in the infirmary on this. Find its better to have a thread in each board. Different people seem to use different boards.

I think that plant is going to be fine actually. It's looking better even just after half a day.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow of all 4 of them.

@jingo @archie gemmill @hippy71 @Waira

As promised some new pictures. These ladies are looking much more lovely now compared to a few days ago. So thanks to you all for guiding me thru the rough patch.

I'm pretty sure these are going to end up on the smaller side since they spent some time struggling thanks to me and my newbieness. If the auto clock is going to switch to flowering before they grew to max size in veg then I guess I stunted them. No big deal just part of the process.

Since things were looking grim a few days ago, I did the the following:

1. Flushed cups a couple of times
  2. Transplant from Solo cups to fabric pots that have a higher percentage of organic matter, compost, EWC
  3. Nitrozyme foliar applications in small doses, probably going to go weekly on this now.
  4. Humic acid foliar applications
  5. Slight increase of PH in water
  6. Switched all 4 plants to a HID HPS 2x600w plus lots of T5HO lighting
  7. Did a top dressing last night and will do more thru the grow. Organic matter and some sort of mulch. Will play around with different options in the future.

I found once the rebound started and the plants perked up and then the HID lights were added I'm seeing faster growth every day.

Anyway, here are pics of all 4 plants. Hopefully I can keep things going in this direction and the height will increase and get up to the SCROG netting so I can spread things out more for better yield.

20170915_060947.jpg
20170915_061021.jpg
20170915_061048.jpg
20170915_061128.jpg

Glad things are turning around for you, you're right it's all part of the process learning. Every grow will improve from here on out [emoji106][emoji269]

Back