Grow Mediums Setting Up Your Auto Pots

Heya, is this microphone still on??
Noob grower with his first autopot here.....
How the eff do i "turn on" the autopot?
Im going to try and run a single pot system, got it all assembled this morning, and now im scratching my head cause i cant figure out how to turn this thing on.

Edit- so i think i got it figured out. I just watched 6 vids and not one mentions the GD tap valve.
I cut the tubing right outside of the reservoir and hooked up the tap valve, then hooked the tubing from the tray to the tap valve. Now i can see how you "turn on" the autopot.
Christ on a crutch lol, i just simultaneously felt like an idiot and a BOSS.

Last edited:
Are you doing organics? if so, it will work fine, just be sure the surface is moist, if not water it a little. Run your pots with NO gravel, pebbles etc in the bottom. Drainage material in the bottom of the pot is a myth and contrary to the laws of hydrailics.

A response!
Thank ya @pop22 !
How viable is topdressing as a way to supplement the autopot feedings?

I put an inch of soil ( or coco if that's your preference ), in the bottom and then the airdome. As the soil/coco holds the most water at the bottom, I feel it makes the airdome more effective in aerating the medium.

@pop22, I'm new to this autopot stuff, when you say no gravel etc. Is that even with airdomes?thanks for all your expertise!

Question about auto pots. I was thinking about buying a 4 pot auto system and was wondering do I have to fill up all 4 of them in order for it to work properly or can I just use 3 if I wanted to with coco? Say if I didn't have room for all 4 and only wanted to run 3 would it still work or would the 4th one overfill with water? Can I disconnected the 4th one? Thanks and happy growing.

Back