Grow Mediums Setting Up Your Auto Pots

Trying to plan ahead and thwart those pesky gnats. My house plants I use sand, no issues. Thinking of maybe getting a root control disc, trimming to size with a hole in the middle and one cut from edge to hole. Then a little sand on top of that.

Should let soil breathe, plus the fabric pot as well.

Anyone think there could be an issue with that?

Can I drop in a smaller fabric pot into the 1 Pot XL Tray?
I'm currently in mid-veg in a 3 gal fabric pot (soil) in a 27"x 27" tent and want to transition to the autopot system. Can I just put a sock around the 3 gal fabric pot and cinch it up tight and place into the XL Tray? or do I need to transplant into the 5 gallon spring pot w/sock?

thanks in advance

Yes you can. I've even used regular 2 gallon pots with an auto pot base.

Can I drop in a smaller fabric pot into the 1 Pot XL Tray?
I'm currently in mid-veg in a 3 gal fabric pot (soil) in a 27"x 27" tent and want to transition to the autopot system. Can I just put a sock around the 3 gal fabric pot and cinch it up tight and place into the XL Tray? or do I need to transplant into the 5 gallon spring pot w/sock?

thanks in advance

Now that I'd like to see a tutorial on. 3.9 gal pots are just filling my tent too much.
I simply cut some black plastic to make light shields around the potsTape it to the base, cut a hole for the pot, done!

I'm using 3gal RainScience bags in my current autopots run, using XL modules. Their new pot socks works great with smaller pots since you can tighten the sock around the pot. Also, the bags are simply better than the ones offered by Autopot-USA.

Back