New Grower Second Auto Grow - Crop King Seeds - Early Miss & White Widow

They are looking really nice. would you mind doing I side view pic to kind of get a look at your stem structure ? I've been working on my LST skills but it seems the ones I don't LST have a little more weight to them when finished. I've watched other guys do theirs but my side branches are always way to short in the first 15-20 days.

Do you find taking off large fan leaves stresses out the plant? Does it inhibit growth? I too have a White Widow almost identical to yours just starting to flower. It too has some large fan leaves blocking the light. I'm just starting out, so I'm really hesitant to stuff things up. Cheers.

They are looking really nice. would you mind doing I side view pic to kind of get a look at your stem structure ? I've been working on my LST skills but it seems the ones I don't LST have a little more weight to them when finished. I've watched other guys do theirs but my side branches are always way to short in the first 15-20 days.

Sure no problem, however I have to warn you I may not be one to follow around here haha. I'm still early stages on trying to find out what works and doesn't. I didn't really LST this, I just pulled the branches away evenly as the plant was super dense and bushy and there wasn't really any airflow through the plant. It also helped open up the inner shoots. I guess that is LST actually but not as aggressive as my do on here by bending the main stem. I actually wanted to do that with the EM and even tried for a day but it didn't have enough growth and the stem was too stiff with short nodes. The big difference I did this time around compared to last was went very aggressive on leaf tucking from about day 14 or so. I also tried pony-tailing the White Widow a couple times and do think that made a difference as well. These plants have a much nicer structure and more vigorous side branching compared to my last round that I didn't do any leaf tucking to.

It was hard to photograph so not sure if this helps at all

Early Miss - Check out the size of that main stem

DAY42SIDE.jpg

White Widow

DAY27WWSIDE.jpg

Do you find taking off large fan leaves stresses out the plant? Does it inhibit growth? I too have a White Widow almost identical to yours just starting to flower. It too has some large fan leaves blocking the light. I'm just starting out, so I'm really hesitant to stuff things up. Cheers.

Honestly? Not sure yet, I've read pro's and con's and seen plants done with and without, both seem to produce some nice results. When I just went to photograph the WW looked a bit sad, so maybe there's proof right there that it was effected by the two leaves that came off. Or she may be drooping a bit due to the decent sized watering I gave her an hour ago. It's also close to light's out, so maybe that's it? I don't have experience either way, so made a decision that I would do some defoliation on this grow and see how it goes. All I know is the techniques I'm using for my second grow are working much better than my first, however I have changed pretty much every little thing LOL. Not sure if that helps but good luck

Reactions: ion
Honestly? Not sure yet, I've read pro's and con's and seen plants done with and without, both seem to produce some nice results. When I just went to photograph the WW looked a bit sad, so maybe there's proof right there that it was effected by the two leaves that came off. Or she may be drooping a bit due to the decent sized watering I gave her an hour ago. It's also close to light's out, so maybe that's it? I don't have experience either way, so made a decision that I would do some defoliation on this grow and see how it goes. All I know is the techniques I'm using for my second grow are working much better than my first, however I have changed pretty much every little thing LOL. Not sure if that helps but good luck

Mine wilt before lights out. Happens about 2 - 3 hours before the lights go out, so I'm guessing that's what yours are doing. I did some searching and from what I can find, the pro growers recommend 'leaf tucking' instead of removing for autos. Hope this helps :smoking:

Mine wilt before lights out. Happens about 2 - 3 hours before the lights go out, so I'm guessing that's what yours are doing. I did some searching and from what I can find, the pro growers recommend 'leaf tucking' instead of removing for autos. Hope this helps :smoking:

They looked great this morning when I took a peek before heading to work so ready for bed looks to be the case. You're right, many pro's don't recommend defoliation. But then I see the structure of some of the plants where people do defoliate and often they look better. And both seem to produce good yields. I'm sure like many things there are a lot of factors at play. Not sure I'd do it next time, but it seems to be working so far so I'll see where this takes me

Just a quick update, day 45 for the Early Miss and day 30 for the White Widow. The EM still hasn't really started to flower yet and its already almost half way into week 7. I keep leaf tucking and stacking colas in hopes she will still stretch. Her height was stalled for a few days at 12" but in the last 2 days has pushed to 14" so maybe that's a sign of things to come. The WW has stretched quite a bit over the last couple days growing at least 4-5 inches and has almost caught the EM standing at 12". I'm hoping there is still plenty to come which isn't unrealistic I don't think being she's 30 days old today.

I am guessing I'll just ride it out and wait for the Early Miss to kick into gear. If it starts stretching now she will be a beast

Early Miss - Day 45
White Widow - Day 30

DAY45&30B.jpg
DAY45&30A.jpg

White Widow - Day 30 - @MesaBoogie Here's a better pic from the side showing the structure of the plant. I haven't tied a single branch however so no training outside of opening up the cola sites with leaf tucking and defoliation. Removing those leaves didn't seem to hurt too bad @ion , what do you think?

DAY30WWSIDE.jpg

she looks pretty great ! . Everything looks so well spread out and like it will get lots of light. I do some defoliation myself but usually at week 3 of flower. Watching this video sort of made up my mind if it was a good Idea or not.

He seems like he's been around a little.

Haha yes it seems he's completed a few grows in his time...

I don't have much of an update outside of both getting fed today and I also rearranged the tent. The Early Miss isn't showing any more signs of flowering than it was a couple days ago. Both have grown an inch or two so in the last 48 hours.

Early Miss - Day 47
White Widow - Day 32

DAY47&32A.jpg
DAY47&32B.jpg
DAY47&32C.jpg

Quick update, both plants are about even in terms of height now at 16". I am thinking I'll switch to bloom nutes on the younger White Widow on the weekend around the day 40 mark as her vertical growth seems to be slowing. The Early Miss is now at 51 days and still not showing much progress in terms of starting to flower. Not sure what to do about her...I can't switch to 12/12 in this tent and don't really want to veg her for another 40 or 50 days before switching to 12/12. Does anyone think there's a chance she still might flower on her own or is that unlikely?

Early Miss - Day 51

DAY51.jpg

Early Miss - Day 51
White Widow - Day 36

DAY51&36A.jpg

DAY51&36B.jpg

Back