New Grower Second attempt at autos

I have 3 of the TS-1000 and they run on the hot side, compared to a couple others I've used. My Solar Extreme 250 by California Lightworks does really good in veg. I start all my plants under it after seeing that my young plants grow fast & lush under it! Auto Cobs are also big around here, (I had 7 & sold 2). as they are very versatile for growing when you need an extra light. Only a 55 watt draw, but I had some pretty good grows using them 1 per plant growing 4 at a time. Just don't expect dense nugs unless it's strain specific, (it grew some pretty dense Purple Nuggets). I loved them because they were silent & you could use a hook & string to make them hang at an angle for supplemental lightning. Just my 2 cents! :pass:

So it's day 28 since they sprouted. I ended up moving the lights up to 24", there was some signs of burning on my lemons. I am seeing some growth now and watering every couple of days.

Here are some pics:
PXL_20220411_235011484.jpg

The lemon with the yellowing patch:
PXL_20220411_235036400.jpg

And for kicks and giggles, here are in the two white widows in the same pot. They seem to be keeping up with each other:
PXL_20220411_235124656.jpg

Thanks AFN peeps!

FFHP soil in 5 gallon buckets
3 Giixer 1000watt led lights (cheap but has flower/veg options
2x northern lights (seedsman)
2x lemon (seedsman)
3x Dutch passion - White Widow
nutes (when I need them) are FF trio
Heat at 75F
R/h is at 35 - 40
Water ph is 5.8

So I am thinking of moving from a 20-4 light schedule to a 24 schedule. Will it cause any issues as they have been on 20-4 for 4 weeks?

So I am thinking of moving from a 20-4 light schedule to a 24 schedule. Will it cause any issues as they have been on 20-4 for 4 weeks?

why do you wanna go 24 hours light? I went from 24 to 20/4 in the middle of flower and it did nothing. There used to be alot of people 2 years ago doin 24. But recently I noticed alot of people are going 20/4 and 18/6. And thats what most breeders suggest as well. I have noticed.

@Shugrows , I was hoping to get some extra growth, but at this point I don't think it will help too much. They are about 30 days old now. I used to do 18/6 and went to 20/4 this grow to see if I could get a bigger yield. Next grow I will start at 24 and see what happens

I've heard somewhere that 24/0 allows plaints to finish 2 or 3 days sooner. I have to use 24/0 during the winter time for the heat! :peace: :pass:

@Shugrows , I was hoping to get some extra growth, but at this point I don't think it will help too much. They are about 30 days old now. I used to do 18/6 and went to 20/4 this grow to see if I could get a bigger yield. Next grow I will start at 24 and see what happens

Im trying 20/4 to see if I see a difference its not been to long. I think if you want to do 24 it might help the growth. I dont think it will hurt it. I just herd that plants benefit from dark time and I wanna save some money on power. I got to run 24 in the winter gets to cold here. And my veg tent stays on 24 easier to keep the littles ones happy with more consistent temps and higher humidity. And then i can keep a perpetual grow going with six plants 3 in each tent. I just sont know if i wanna keep planting one every couple weeks or 3 at a time.

24/0 vs 20/4 vs 18/6 -

My impression is that growers tend not to want to go 24/0 because of the belief that plants need darkness but that could be because they're conflating "the dark cycle" with "darkness". In "The Cannabis Grow Bible", Chapter 7 "The Indoor Grow Environment", the author writes :

"Cannabis is a light-demanding plant. Growers keep the light on their plants using the 24/7 photoperiod. For this reason, plants that grow under 24/0 flourish and do not need a quantity of darkness in order to rest and perform photosynthesis properly. Plants that are grown in optimal conditions under 24/0 light regime grow vigorously and the benefits of a 24/0 photoperiod be seen actively in the results. More nodes are formed, more branches are created, leaf numbers increase, and the plant grows at its finest."

and

"As we have said already, cannabis is a light-demanding plant. There are no problems associated with 24/0 and although some have attributed cannabis sexual dysfunction (the hermaphrodite condition) to the 18/6 photo., These problems are more likely the results of heat stress related problems combined with poor genetics."

Funny, I read that when I got the book last year and I'm using 18 to 20 hours of light. I vary the hours based on my DLI target because all of the equipment in my tent is on a Kasa smart strip so I can change the light cycle from my phone.

ATM, my two plants are getting 500 and 600 µmols (the difference is that one plant is about 4 days behind the other developmentally) so today will be a 19/5 cycle.

Just gave them some water, one of the nothern lights in front has really taken off. I've never done lst training, do you think it's too late to start?
PXL_20220417_003708247.jpg

PXL_20220417_004451180.jpg

FFHP soil in 5 gallon buckets
3 Giixer 1000watt led lights (cheap but has flower/veg options
2x northern lights (seedsman)
2x lemon (seedsman)
3x White Widow (Dutch passion)
nutes (when I need them) are FF trio
Heat at 75F
R/h is at 35 - 40
Water ph is 5.8

They look to be at the early phase of where you can LST them.

I couldn't do a good job of describing all that's involved in that phase of growth. There's tons of good articles out there with as much or as little detail as desired.

I did notice that your RH is pretty low. Can you get it up to 60%±. Have you read anything on "VPD"?

Back