Live Stoners Rifleman vs kushNFT Shortstuff Auto Jedi Kush grow off

Hopefully the big difference with these ones is that they stop growing before they hit the light. Peak growth rates are more likely to be a couple of inches a day, if that, but over a longer period than ones I've seen grow up to four inches in a day. Then they transfer that growth momentum into big fat flowers which I'll have to work hard with the pH down for and you can just cruise on buffered nutes.

Will try to get up to check on mine shortly.

You two are my inspiration for wanting to try hydro. I am more inclined to buckets versus table. You both make it look quite easy. Cant wait till they really start their push... good luck, brothers!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

On her tip toes....

ak0503-1.jpg

Damage from being too long over pH 5.8 on IONIC hydro grow seems to be limited to a smallish area on the lowest pair of fan leaves so hopefully no biggie and it's only going to get less significant as more fan leaves put they lower ones in the shade anyway. Or at least that's what I'm hoping as I rarely consult deficiency charts.......not because I know them off by heart as I know very little but when your only tool is a hammer every problem starts to resemble a nail and in this case my only tool is pH down so that's what I used. I'm aiming for pH swings that start below 5.8 and end up over and I reckon I'd let her spend too much time over. At this stage pH swings are pretty slow so I give it a little nudge up each day with a litre or so of water and when it gets to 6.0 I'll ph down (or hopefully res change) to 5.6 to start the next swing to encourage as much nutrient uptake across the range as I can......or at least I think that's what you are supposed to do with these old fashioned unbuffered nutes:shrug::rofl:
:pass:

Don't know if nft is like other hydro, but a always rising pH indicates a need for more nutrients.
Sorry about that guys, thought I was somewhere else

Last edited:
Don't know if nft is like other hydro, but a always rising pH indicates a need for more nutrients.
Sorry about that guys, thought I was somewhere else

No need to apologise as I enjoy a bit hydro chatter too and it would appear others watching the thread might too. As far as I'm aware NFT is just like other active res sytems like DWC and aeroponics but sits somewhere in the middle in terms of growth rate performance (according the the nutricare bumf I read a while back IIRC) due to how effectively the nutrient solution is aerated before being delivered to the roots. Anyway, a rising pH to me indicates ion exchange and the faster pH moves the more nutes I add but only as far as full strength and if things are going well full strength nutes are usually nowhere near enough to keep pH low enough throughout stretch and most of flowering. I've tried using nutes to pH down but it only works so far and doesn't give as good results, IME. The right balance of nutes and pH down to get controlled pH swings is more what I'm trying for.

Think we're about 8.5" tall here now and getting tight on space.....

ak0703-1.jpg

.....time to chop some Dr Feelgood and make more space:woohoo:

:pass:

Back