Dutch Passion Revenge of the AutoUltimates! Grown using the Gas Lantern Routine & Dutch Pro & New LED Spectrum

Sweet grow Groff! Would you recommend this Mapito medium to a new grower?

I've been watching your journal but maybe forgot a few things.

Did you prepare the medium with 5.5 ph for half an hour like in the instructions?
They recommend watering at 5.5. Did you start there and swing the PH up to 5.9 for flowering?

Thanks for the journal - was a really good watch! :)

lol, coincidence ;)

I put it all into a huge sealed water butt / large plastic bin, and just poured very hot tap water over it, and left if until temperature was ambient, a few hours. Drained it and potted it into the airpots and let it drain further. Next day I completely drenched it with ph 5.5 and let it drain, then I dropped the girls in.

I drop my seeds in 5.5 water with some root stim, young roots like a more acidic medium. Late flower, I've been swinging 5.8 - 6.2, mainly due to pH meter's variance + nutrient availability.

Cheers Groff :rofl: .. i do pretty much the same with my coco ... minus the hot water part! :)

Ah! One BIG mistake i did was to wash my coco! Depends on the brand though, not because it's coco.

If its treated with trichoderma, then do NOT pre-wash! If its generic coco coir, then best to wash and buffer, but if it's a growing brand, like Canna or BioBizz, then don't do it. They're also pre pH buffered. Only generic cheap blocks (for reptiles, cheap soil amendment, etc) need washing and buffering.

On the other hand, if you do wash it and treat coco with activated tea or bacillus &/or beneficial mycos, then you're gold.

Mapito is just like regular hydro/dwc/coco in practice.

Canna Coco Pro Plus mate :D hehe I need every advantage i can get :rofl:

Yeah don't rinse it!! ... Dont give your seedlings waterings under 0.8ec either... buggers with the buffers!
Mycos is on my list for a coco ammendment next grow! ... and root riots!

Canna Coco Pro Plus mate :D hehe I need every advantage i can get :rofl:

Yeah don't rinse it!! ... Dont give your seedlings waterings under 0.8ec either... buggers with the buffers!
Mycos is on my list for a coco ammendment next grow! ... and root riots!

Why the next grow? You can use it throughout, and is very very cheap. Mycos and agro-bacteria, great combo!

Reactions: Rus
Day 84/ day 6 of flush.

Theme song: Jimmy Hendrix's Foxy Lady

As a last resort to copulate (loool) they decided to foxtail, though I've never see anything like this. This is proper foxtail, not a conglomerate of spiraling mini tails top to bottom. I didn't use pk, so I suspect that Explode is heavy on potash, though I'd have to check. Even still, I did not hit them with any excessive load if it, nor was there any suddent ambient change. This past week they decided to start spitting out new pistils and keep at it. Half way into flush, they're still fattening, and not really eating much back from it's own reserves.

I did drop the humidity considerably down to the low 35-40. Pumping out about 3 to 5L every other day. Top to bottom nuggs are HUGE an dense as rock, so I'm not taking any chances against mold or rot.

I'm still feeding only about 2 to 2.5L each, every other day.

5 days into flush, and no accelerated yellowing. I'll slowly start deleafing the super yellow ones so they start munching on the lush-green one's. Still many abound.

MciuFbZ.jpg

MlKM6n6.jpg

OYrzzyT.jpg

Je19c8o.jpg

iBZjyVe.jpg

SQy9yo4.jpg

Love taking pics of far forgotten lower branches in the corner...

411bWOO.jpg

Last edited:
Why the next grow? You can use it throughout, and is very very cheap. Mycos and agro-bacteria, great combo!
Hey Groff :)

It's becuase i don't have have a grow going at the moment! :) I was thinking of mixing it into the coco like perlite .. is that not the way to do it?

The foxtailing is crazy! :) I've had some foxtailing in the past and put it down to excessive heat .. but was just a guess.
As far as PK goes, I thought Explode (thats dutch pro explode right?) is a fancy PK booster?

Either way - looking lovely in the garden! :)

The gasman is still delivering..........nice to see.

I'm thinking I may have to give the Majestik Mapito a go.....side by side with a TaNg style airpot.........both 20 L pots........DP ultimates off course..........subject to the penny pinching gas lantern............what could possibly go wrong drumming fingers.gif

Hey Groff :)

It's becuase i don't have have a grow going at the moment! :) I was thinking of mixing it into the coco like perlite .. is that not the way to do it?

The foxtailing is crazy! :) I've had some foxtailing in the past and put it down to excessive heat .. but was just a guess.
As far as PK goes, I thought Explode (thats dutch pro explode right?) is a fancy PK booster?

Either way - looking lovely in the garden! :)

Yeah, Dutch Pro. I'll have to look at the bottle next time. I usually mix bacteria/mycos in the water, every so often during the cycle.
The gasman is still delivering..........nice to see.

I'm thinking I may have to give the Majestik Mapito a go.....side by side with a TaNg style airpot.........both 20 L pots........DP ultimates off course..........subject to the penny pinching gas lantern............what could possibly go wrong View attachment 424527

doooooooo it!! ;)

Oh yeah, for reference, I used unbranded local hydro store mapito. From 2 distinct sourced, I just mixed them, gave it a very hot ph corrected wash before putting it into the pots.

\and I bloody love digital timers!

:dunno: ... what not to? If lights go out, they have a little internal battery that doesnt make you go in and reset all the analog pins to compensate for the light-off time-out!

I'm sure I'll love mine, too, once I get the programming totally figured. Can't work out how to set multiple on n off times for one day.

You are crushing it, Groff! Growing like a boss grower grows!

Back