Dutch Passion Revenge of the AutoUltimates! Grown using the Gas Lantern Routine & Dutch Pro & New LED Spectrum

they look in peak condition, huge buds and lovely looking. Well done Groff, super stuff

they look in peak condition, huge buds and lovely looking. Well done Groff, super stuff

Nice work groffo,........ they look great under 13hrs groffo........ usually if you cut back light to an auto, it dont really give a fc............ it will just take a couple days extra to get there is all......... fair to say though, 18hrs is probably 2-3 to many. Unless your on a auto feeder !!..... goes to show they do bennefit from a good dark period, where they can get to work with their P680 reaction centers !......... the respiration equation, what its all about.....

Enjoy the finish groffo......... those last few weeks, just before flush, is the best part of the grow...... seing the whole fruits of ya labors man...... let alone the aroma the AutoUlti kicks out........ pure necter....... enjoy harvest man....Hb

GROFF - I was reading http://futuregrow.biz/gas-lantern-routine/, and it shows that, in the flowering phase, the amount of light is reduced down by a half hour, every 2 weeks, until it stops at 9 hours on, 15 off. Is this just for photos? Have you tried it with autos?

GROFF - I was reading http://futuregrow.biz/gas-lantern-routine/, and it shows that, in the flowering phase, the amount of light is reduced down by a half hour, every 2 weeks, until it stops at 9 hours on, 15 off. Is this just for photos? Have you tried it with autos?

That is not the Gas Lantern Routine, that is Diminishing Light Schedule, to simulate the shortening of autumn days. The GLR is only the veg phase, 12 on / 1 off / 5.5 on / 1 off. Not tried, nor will I try it as in my head it makes no sense for autos.

My reasoning is this, 18/6 or 20/4 are good photosensitive schedules for veg, so it makes sense for auto's as it enhances the light/growth ratio. The Diminishing Light Schedule (which I have done in photo grows) is more to enhance the flowering period where the sudden cut to 12/12 (or in my case 13/11) triggers flowering and shortening of days also signals the plant that the end is near (threat = defense mechanism = more resin + rush to reproduce = fatter buds). Auto's are agnostic to this signal. So in theory, the diminishing light schedule wouldn't benefit auto's.

But who knows? Maybe a mix between the two? idk... this one is quite freaky as it is! :xlaugh:

I'm reconverting my room, so maybe I'll have space to do a side by side 20/4 vs GLR

Last edited:
After reading more about the GLR, I am 100% positive that I will be trying it when I start my next round of plants

After reading more about the GLR, I am 100% positive that I will be trying it when I start my next round of plants

If you have more links please do share. I haven't had time to read the one you posted, but the more the merrier.

Day 78

In general, a few lower leaves have slowly started quitting life. Despite keeping feed as per last stat update, now top leaves also are starting to yellow/red out. I think pretty much the fattening is done, so I'm starting flushing tonight.

RDRQzdU.jpg

9Mc0a1z.jpg

DDD0xUk.jpg

pJ6rdkG.jpg

zCGJmiG.jpg

fbCMeh8.jpg

4T2s5sQ.jpg

gK3GEzW.jpg

:kusht:Nice! Nice pics of some very nice looking buds! Job well done, Groff!:kusht:

The gas man delivers..............and saved a pretty penny to boot Money.gif well done!

Groff, Great journal, You have done us a big favor by doing this.

Everything looks beautiful despite the leaves dying and I'm sure i'm not the only one who is eager to see what dry yield you make.

Back