Greetings, RJ,
I was searching the forum for Gorilla Glue and came upon your thread. Your
ladies are looking quite sexy, keep- up the good work!!! After perusing from the beginning I have a couple of questions for ya, but first a little background.
I've been slowly transitioning from HID to LED over the past couple of years, and in the process I've noticed that plant stretch has been very elusive for me under LED, to the point that yields suffer about half the time. So I'm chasing this theory that light intensity affects plant stretch. I started a thread (see link at bottom of my post) asking for experience with stretch based upon the two factors I believe can most influence light intensity - light wattage and distance to canopy. So far most responses have been off-topic or inconclusive, and we've all agreed that wattage is a poor gauge of light output, but I've also pointed out that there are no common industry standards yet for a more accurate comparison. But now I'm drifting off topic.
So I see your thread and your comment comparing BigSm0's COB's to the MARS 300's and I'm thinking you can help with my thread. In your pic I agree it's pretty obvious the plants under your COB's are taller, but at the same time the two under your MARS 300's seem to be spread out more, i.e. expanding horizontally versus vertically. ESPECIALLY the one on the far right in its separate tent. That has also been my experience under a MARS-II 700 (325w at wall) and a MARS Pro II Cree-128 (also 325w at wall).
And I notice that the COB plants ARE taller, but the COB's ARE HIGHER from the plant canopies. And the plant on the far right that has displayed the least vertical stretch / most horizontal spread also has the MARS 300 positioned lower than any of the other plants' lights. Sooooo, if you could Kind Sir, can you take a few minutes and fill me in on your light height history?
I read at the beginning of your thread that you started at 36" but dropped quickly to 30" then 24". How quickly? (I do the same, usually over a week).
Do you have the watts-at-wall spec for your MARS 300?
I tried checking MARS Hydro's site for watts-at-wall specs of their Mars 300 but that appears to be a discontinued model.
And BigSm0's COB's - what wattage are each of those?
And the final juice in the formula, what is the approx. square footage of your canopy area for each plant, by light type?

Any help much appreciated, Bro. And I'll be following along with your Gorilla Glue grow, can't wait to start mine. And Rhino Ryder... and Green Crack... and Tangie Matic... and Girl Scout Cookies... and Pineapple Express... DAMN, Fast Buds has too many auto versions of my favorite old photoperiod favorites.
Old school player I've been reading your posts and think Kelvin temp could help with your endeavours. The colour of light imo has affected the amount of stretch I've had in the past. Have you had much consideration of Kelvin temp?

@redeye jedi great journal mate. Plants are filling out nicely. Megacrop seems to supercharge the girls in veg
:slap:
Thanks for stopping in mate and the rep as well
loving the mega crop at the moment but loving the cobs as well I can see a difference from my last grow but I think I know a lot more than i did back than well i hope i do.
cheers red:thumbsup:

Look what rocked up image (49).jpeg image (50).jpeg
just have to wait for new connectors as wrong ones fitted, now
just waiting for autopots and should just about have everything i want for my grow room
red:thumbsup:

Damn bro how many cobs did you get? Welcome to the cob life lol

Back