nice mate i think i made a couple of knuckles thats what i was stressing about
thanks for giving me some confidence mate:pass:
red:thumbsup:

Knuckles are good stuff! Gives our girls street cred...

But seriously though, with the knuckles, even thin ass branches can produce nice sized buds. The bigger, the better. Sometimes i bend them twice on the same branch. Or the same spot to get a larger buldge on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update
My new leds are in the country as well as my drivers So started making room for them as well as making room for the girls
I've started feeding them 5g's of mega crop 5ml of cal-mag to 5 litres they seem to be loving it.day 33/34
heres a couple of pic's of the girls
View attachment 898225
I've had no dramas with the Mars hydro leds but look at the difference in growth compared to the cobs and this is why I'm becoming a cob snob:muahaha:
... Thanks for stopping in
Red :thumbsup:

Greetings, RJ,
I was searching the forum for Gorilla Glue and came upon your thread. Your
ladies are looking quite sexy, keep- up the good work!!! After perusing from the beginning I have a couple of questions for ya, but first a little background.
I've been slowly transitioning from HID to LED over the past couple of years, and in the process I've noticed that plant stretch has been very elusive for me under LED, to the point that yields suffer about half the time. So I'm chasing this theory that light intensity affects plant stretch. I started a thread (see link at bottom of my post) asking for experience with stretch based upon the two factors I believe can most influence light intensity - light wattage and distance to canopy. So far most responses have been off-topic or inconclusive, and we've all agreed that wattage is a poor gauge of light output, but I've also pointed out that there are no common industry standards yet for a more accurate comparison. But now I'm drifting off topic.
So I see your thread and your comment comparing BigSm0's COB's to the MARS 300's and I'm thinking you can help with my thread. In your pic I agree it's pretty obvious the plants under your COB's are taller, but at the same time the two under your MARS 300's seem to be spread out more, i.e. expanding horizontally versus vertically. ESPECIALLY the one on the far right in its separate tent. That has also been my experience under a MARS-II 700 (325w at wall) and a MARS Pro II Cree-128 (also 325w at wall).
And I notice that the COB plants ARE taller, but the COB's ARE HIGHER from the plant canopies. And the plant on the far right that has displayed the least vertical stretch / most horizontal spread also has the MARS 300 positioned lower than any of the other plants' lights. Sooooo, if you could Kind Sir, can you take a few minutes and fill me in on your light height history?
I read at the beginning of your thread that you started at 36" but dropped quickly to 30" then 24". How quickly? (I do the same, usually over a week).
Do you have the watts-at-wall spec for your MARS 300?
I tried checking MARS Hydro's site for watts-at-wall specs of their Mars 300 but that appears to be a discontinued model.
And BigSm0's COB's - what wattage are each of those?
And the final juice in the formula, what is the approx. square footage of your canopy area for each plant, by light type?

Any help much appreciated, Bro. And I'll be following along with your Gorilla Glue grow, can't wait to start mine. And Rhino Ryder... and Green Crack... and Tangie Matic... and Girl Scout Cookies... and Pineapple Express... DAMN, Fast Buds has too many auto versions of my favorite old photoperiod favorites.

Greetings, RJ,
I was searching the forum for Gorilla Glue and came upon your thread. Your
ladies are looking quite sexy, keep- up the good work!!! After perusing from the beginning I have a couple of questions for ya, but first a little background.
I've been slowly transitioning from HID to LED over the past couple of years, and in the process I've noticed that plant stretch has been very elusive for me under LED, to the point that yields suffer about half the time. So I'm chasing this theory that light intensity affects plant stretch. I started a thread (see link at bottom of my post) asking for experience with stretch based upon the two factors I believe can most influence light intensity - light wattage and distance to canopy. So far most responses have been off-topic or inconclusive, and we've all agreed that wattage is a poor gauge of light output, but I've also pointed out that there are no common industry standards yet for a more accurate comparison. But now I'm drifting off topic.
So I see your thread and your comment comparing BigSm0's COB's to the MARS 300's and I'm thinking you can help with my thread. In your pic I agree it's pretty obvious the plants under your COB's are taller, but at the same time the two under your MARS 300's seem to be spread out more, i.e. expanding horizontally versus vertically. ESPECIALLY the one on the far right in its separate tent. That has also been my experience under a MARS-II 700 (325w at wall) and a MARS Pro II Cree-128 (also 325w at wall).
And I notice that the COB plants ARE taller, but the COB's ARE HIGHER from the plant canopies. And the plant on the far right that has displayed the least vertical stretch / most horizontal spread also has the MARS 300 positioned lower than any of the other plants' lights. Sooooo, if you could Kind Sir, can you take a few minutes and fill me in on your light height history?
I read at the beginning of your thread that you started at 36" but dropped quickly to 30" then 24". How quickly? (I do the same, usually over a week).
Do you have the watts-at-wall spec for your MARS 300?
I tried checking MARS Hydro's site for watts-at-wall specs of their Mars 300 but that appears to be a discontinued model.
And BigSm0's COB's - what wattage are each of those?
And the final juice in the formula, what is the approx. square footage of your canopy area for each plant, by light type?

Any help much appreciated, Bro. And I'll be following along with your Gorilla Glue grow, can't wait to start mine. And Rhino Ryder... and Green Crack... and Tangie Matic... and Girl Scout Cookies... and Pineapple Express... DAMN, Fast Buds has too many auto versions of my favorite old photoperiod favorites.

@Olde School Player first Thanks for taking the time to have a read I Don't know much about the subject but will give you my opinion of just my experience
1. As @Free Flow stated mars 300 are 124 true watts, and the cobs are 55 watts
2. as for light heights I'm still learning I just watch the plants A lot come down to Temps, strains etc
3. what is 2 much stretch for autos? This is the question I want to learn as well
4. I do believe that the light intensity in the cobs are far greater than the mars 300 as they all started under cobs, if you look at my first journal it was just the mars secondary growth was slow compared to the cobs if you look at the middle plant I haven't done any LST, with comparison's just look at the first 3 they all have the same structure to them( that last one is sativa dom and secondary growth is weak but most of my Flash seeds have done that and in the next month secondary growth will be as strong as the main stem )
5. footprint i think cobs are 1x1foot and mars 300 are 1x1/12 but again the cobs have better side growth, spread than the mars
6. I just ordered 7 more cobs i will be running 2 cobs per plant in the last month but this will be trial and error this will cover for me a 50cm x 80cm per plant and the mars i was just covering 40cm x 40cms
7. I'm new to all the strains but I'm impressed with them and can see so many medical benefits to each strain

I hope this helps a little and someone with the knowledge @912GreenSkell @Dudeski and @A-Train will help out. I learn't most of my stuff just by reading these guys journals
cheers red:thumbsup:

As you know man I am more of an outdoor guy than an indoor grower for sure, and don't know a whole lot about cobs or their intensity.

3. what is 2 much stretch for autos? This is the question I want to learn as well

I much prefer smaller pots and small stalky thick budded plants. Here is why. I see these massive monster in some setups and the yield comes in...wow 500 grams off an auto out of a 4X4 tent, man thats impressive for a single plant!!
But then i turn over and look what you would get if you pulled 1.5-2oz every 12" square space(16 plants). Plus mega variety potential as a kicker. Win-win to me. Give me tiny plants any day of the week over monsters(under lights). Of course this only works if cool to grow 16. I am a bud farmer, not a stick farmer!!

But then i turn over and look what you would get if you pulled 1.5-2oz every 12" square space(16 plants). Plus mega variety potential as a kicker. Win-win to me. Give me tiny plants any day of the week over monsters(under lights). Of course this only works if cool to grow 16. I am a bud farmer, not a stick farmer!!
16 would be jail time for me 4 or 5 slap on the wrist lol

Back