Day 42 update time not much new drinking 10 L's a day at the moment
feeding them 6 grams of mega crop
5 mls cal mag
5 mls bud factor x per 5 Ls of water PPMs reading 1200 Ph 5.8
lights are siting 24in above canopy the kush is starting to stretch now @Olde School Player
and here's a pic off the blueberry gum this thing is off tap thinking I might have scog (i think thats what u call it) its canopy is 65cm x 80cm maybe bigger any ideas welcome
sorry for the top view cant get a side view beds in the way
cheers for having a look
red:thumbsup:

RJ , that blueberry gum is off the hook. I took a look back to your pic's on 4/27 & there's a HUGE difference, sweet as can be!
You said SCOG, I think the term you're looking for is SCROG (SCReen Of Green) & that won't help you. SCROG takes a wild vertically stretching plant and forces the main trunk to grow horizontally under a screen. This gives the side branches time to catch up , and you can start training them under the screen as well.
The tallest part of a plant contains a compound called auxins that keeps it growing as the primary. By lowering it to the same height as the side branches, they get their share & try to take over as the primary. Now every side branch will develop much larger buds and the canopy receives more even light.
Your plant is doing its own training, so not much you can do except maybe buy some more of those beans!!!!!
And do some selective leaf pruning as the fan leaves begin to block bud sites.
And lowering the light over that plant mal help stop the stretch, but you're going to have to proceed with caution on that one. At 65X80cm you don't want to "outgrow" the footprint of your light, and I suspect 18" is probably as low as you should go and still get decent light coverage to the outer areas of the plant. Or plan B might be switching one of your COB's to that side to see if that discourages any further spread. But chances are, this will take care of itself as the stretch naturally finishes on its own. Then the top buds should start putting on weight.

When you get a spare moment can you take a height measurement on each plant & post that up? Would appreciate it much.
And the MARS 300's, do you have any specs on those as to spectrum and/or degrees Kelvin color rating? I'm curious how they compare to BigSm0's COB's which you said were 3000, 3500 & 6500.
Be checking back with you but tomorrow's the start of my fishing season so may be a day or two. Later!

@Olde School Player
20180508_154612.jpg

1. gorilla glue cobs 50 cm above
2. champion cobs 50 cm above
3. blueberry gum Led 300w 50 cm above
4. kush Led 300w 60 cm above
and thanks for the info on the SCROG
cheers red

Sorry Mate, I got the light height from one of your earlier posts; I meant to ask for the height of your plants to judge how much they had stretched.

Back