Those are bushy as hell! But look great, even if you did have to clean them up a bit. Will you thin out the fans when they really start to chunk up for air flow, or let it stay pretty bushy?

I'm torn on my grow about it, but i can't help myself so will probably keep doing small defols until it hits a point I'm good with.
The two plants in my reply above got their first haircut today, a day after the photos, mostly to increase air flow but at the same time to get rid of developing branching that has little chance of having enough room or light to do much. I have never noticed a negative effect from trimming healthy plants to deal with crowded foliage, and the density of growth I have found with my indoor autopot grows looks like a recipe for mildew and mold if left alone. Prior to my recent trim, overlapping fans would actually develop wet areas at the overlap which seems like a risk for powdery mildew to me. This is in spite of fan circulation. Later in bloom mold on buds becomes a risk, and the bigger and denser the colas, the higher the risk.

Good luck with your grow. :pighug:

Those are bushy as hell! But look great, even if you did have to clean them up a bit. Will you thin out the fans when they really start to chunk up for air flow, or let it stay pretty bushy?

I'm torn on my grow about it, but i can't help myself so will probably keep doing small defols until it hits a point I'm good with.
The two plants in my reply above got their first haircut today, a day after the photos, mostly to increase air flow but at the same time to get rid of developing branching that has little chance of having enough room or light to do much. I have never noticed a negative effect from trimming healthy plants to deal with crowded foliage, and the density of growth I have found with my indoor autopot grows looks like a recipe for mildew and mold if left alone. Prior to my recent trim, overlapping fans would actually develop wet areas at the overlap which seems like a risk for powdery mildew to me. This is in spite of fan circulation. Later in bloom mold on buds becomes a risk, and the bigger and denser the colas, the higher the risk.

Good luck with your grow. :pighug:
This has been a big cause of stress for me tbh. I definitely have wet spots on leaves and it caused me to place my dual oscillating fan and crank it up. It's helped some but my humidity still hovers between 50-60 and wet spots still happen sometimes. I was hesitant on trimming and afraid I would hurt the plant if I did too much so I've been really conservative with it. I'm definitely starting to think that I need to just go ham on em. This my second rdwc grow and so far everything has been bushy jungle. It's kind of ridiculous :biggrin:

This has been a big cause of stress for me tbh. I definitely have wet spots on leaves and it caused me to place my dual oscillating fan and crank it up. It's helped some but my humidity still hovers between 50-60 and wet spots still happen sometimes. I was hesitant on trimming and afraid I would hurt the plant if I did too much so I've been really conservative with it. I'm definitely starting to think that I need to just go ham on em. This my second rdwc grow and so far everything has been bushy jungle. It's kind of ridiculous :biggrin:
Well, the other side of the seriously bushy coin is a serious load of nice bud. I got over 300 grams in spite of my screwups last winter, and the three plants in the growdrobe this winter should do at least as well if not better. Last winter I did serious trimming, especially on one plant - not just fans, but numerous whole branches. I never saw a hint of a problem as a result. Two days later, you would never know I had touched them unless you deliberately looked for the stumps.

At this point, I worry more about leaving things too dense than I do about hurting plants from trimming. As long as the plant is healthy and growing vigorously, I think the chance of harm is small to nil. Strains differ though, so I may yet get my comeuppance. Maybe even this time around because both plants trimmed this morning are new strains to me. But I'd be happy to wager otherwise. :biggrin:

So, I vote for getting out the trimmers.

Good luck with it, and please keep us posted. :pighug:

@Anasazi Wet leaves are the only reason I do any defoliation - also I am lazy:haha:. I only take a few strategic leaves to open an air passage. You might try adding some far red 660nm light to see if you can convince her to stretch a bit. Of course this assumes you have the head space.

Sup AFN fam! been a while since my last update. I find that the uglier my plants get the less I want to take pictures of them LOL.

Day 76

I'm not sure how I ran into these nutrient problems considering I'm using PH perfect nutes but i'm hoping my next grow will go better in terms of plant health. It pains me to see my leaves looking so questionable. I think I ran into P and CA deficiencies but I'm not sure. Regardless, things could be worse and I seem to have some decent buds growing. 1 of the 4 plants is a bit behind but it's leaves also look the best lol. When I started this grow I went with the assumption that it would be an 80 day grow. Half way through I realized I'd be wrong and I added an extra 2 weeks or so. With that alteration I have about 16 days left in the grow. I'm positive the 3bog in the back right of my tent won't be done in 2 more weeks. The other 3? Maybe..... I'm hoping everything is done by end of jan.

20210104_181232 002.jpg20210104_181207 001.jpg20210104_181406 004.jpg20210104_181429 005.jpg20210104_181442 006.jpg20210104_181828 007.jpg20210104_182039 011.jpg20210104_182100 012.jpg20210104_182123 013.jpg

D92

So after A lot of research I've come to the conclusion that I have some serious light burn problems. It took me a long time to diagnose it and it will definitely hurt my harvest but at least I'm confident I got it figured out for next time. I'm dying to cut these plants down and start over lol. For now I just decided to turn off my smaller led and dim the SF4000 down to 75% or so. I'm probably going to chop both double grapes and the back left 3bog in 2 more weeks. Hopefully my next grow will be the first one where I don't run into any problems haha.

20210120_185326 001.jpg20210120_185345 002.jpg20210120_185400 003.jpg20210120_185418 004.jpg20210120_185716 008.jpg20210120_185749 010.jpg

D92

So after A lot of research I've come to the conclusion that I have some serious light burn problems. It took me a long time to diagnose it and it will definitely hurt my harvest but at least I'm confident I got it figured out for next time. I'm dying to cut these plants down and start over lol. For now I just decided to turn off my smaller led and dim the SF4000 down to 75% or so. I'm probably going to chop both double grapes and the back left 3bog in 2 more weeks. Hopefully my next grow will be the first one where I don't run into any problems haha.

View attachment 1278472View attachment 1278473View attachment 1278474View attachment 1278475View attachment 1278476View attachment 1278477
A lot of growers would look forward to having your "serious ... problems". Great outcome and that really is that counts. Plus if you are happy then all is good.

A lot of growers would look forward to having your "serious ... problems". Great outcome and that really is that counts. Plus if you are happy then all is good.
Honestly surprised he didn’t die during that.

jk OP you got a fire garden there. Next run all dialed in will be even more impressive!!

Honestly surprised he didn’t die during that.

jk OP you got a fire garden there. Next run all dialed in will be even more impressive!!

haha :rofl: you guys are only fooled by the pictures. I swear some of those pictures make the buds look a lot better than they actually are. The double grape front right for example. From side angle those buds look fat but in reality it was pretty bad. That plant has way more fox tailing popcorn than actual good bud. It's pretty depressing tbh.

I started to harvest the 3bog in the back left of the pics. So far it's 148 grams dry and I still have a handful of popcorn nugs left on her. Total will probably be around 175 grams. Also started harvesting the fox tailed nightmare but I'm pretty sure the total on that plant won't be as high as the 3bog. On the bright side I think the other double grape will yield 170 grams or more.

I just grow for my girlfriend and I's personal use so as long as I can harvest enough to last between grows i'm good. We smoke a lot so I was aiming for about 400 grams total. I believe I will hit that so i'm happy in the long run. Tired of spending like 400$ a month on bud. I'm totally going to do mephisto sour crack for the next grow and hopefully I can grow some 60-70 day monsters for quick harvest.

Thanks for taking a look at my grow btw!! :smoking:

D92

View attachment 1278472View attachment 1278473View attachment 1278474View attachment 1278475View attachment 1278476View attachment 1278477
Beautiful tent!

Back