Lighting Quantum board thread.

Google quantum board LED lights, not sure if you were joking tho ? They work great & it’s easy to swap boards if you want to change the light spectrum .

Half joking cos i buy anything i feel is too expensive at.....you guessed it, China. Hello everyone, my name is @Equatorial and I'm Cheap...ROFL

Just need to know what they call it locally. Forget Google Translate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They call them Quantum boards I do believe.

Those who call them that are ppl I cannot afford to buy from...lol

But enough of this derailing. I really do wish to see some good discussions on QBs so that this newb can learn something

These are good things, you can also do DIY with strips for better coverage. And cheaper than QB.
However I have better one (newer Samsung chips) with up to 212 lumens per watt. :smoking:

These are good things, you can also do DIY with strips for better coverage. And cheaper than QB.
However I have better one (newer Samsung chips) with up to 212 lumens per watt. :smoking:
How do you tell the strips are up to par with a QB's or the said Samsung chips? Also do the Samsung chips come by themselves or made into a fixture? And where do you source your diodes?
Cheers

How do you tell the strips are up to par with a QB's or the said Samsung chips? Also do the Samsung chips come by themselves or made into a fixture? And where do you source your diodes?
Cheers

Not sure if I understand you...
Strips uses the same number of diodes and better coverage. You can get Brigelux, Samsung (same diodes as QB) or Nichia strips. They're cheaper than QB. You can customize footprint, coverage, wattage etc...

Not sure if I understand you...
Strips uses the same number of diodes and better coverage. You can get Brigelux, Samsung (same diodes as QB) or Nichia strips. They're cheaper than QB. You can customize footprint, coverage, wattage etc...
So the diodes on strips are the same quality as the ones built into quantum boards, and are you saying the diodes are cheaper by themselves or once built into linear or rectangular fixtures?

So the diodes on strips are the same quality as the ones built into quantum boards, and are you saying the diodes are cheaper by themselves or once built into linear or rectangular fixtures?

Yes, diodes on Samsung strips are the same as diodes on QB. LM561C.
QB has 304 diodes, I think (don't have PDF at hand) one 560mm Samsung strip has 72 diodes. So you need 4 of them to get the same diode count as QB, so 60€ for strips.

But Samsung has new diodes now, LM301B which are up to 230 lumens per watt. Or in practice up to 212 lumens per watt, because you need more money if you want drive them at 230 LM/W.

My 135 watt QB was around $200 that’s pretty cheap to me with great results.

my 135 was s bit over $200 , not to bad considering the results. Can’t help with translation tho . Is there a word for quantum mechanics in your language? & if you have a word for board just merge the two & ditch the mechanics? Not sure if this helps ?

Does 135w of QB equal to 135w COB? Sorry if its a stupid question but don't know how else to compare prices?

Does 135w of QB equal to 135w COB? Sorry if its a stupid question but don't know how else to compare prices?

Yeah , I’m pretty sure watts are watts . Qb’s & cobs are pretty much the same . Cobs jam a lot of tiny diodes in a small package, qbs have bigger diodes spread out in a bigger package . They weigh a lot less then a bunch cobs so shipping would be cheaper I bet . Hope this helps , I’m not the best at explaining thing lol!

Back