Lighting Quantum board thread.

Well guys we are going to find out I just got sent the instructions a grade 8 should be able to make this work, But I need to make a frame to hold the drive I could drill holes and stick it in the back of the heat sink on a angle but I feel there might be a better way to do this.
There is parallel and series are the two ways to wire a quantum board I am sure it is the same for other leds IE COB I think it has a lot to do with your driver on how you hook them up. This is the start of my Education into DIY please be easy on this old DOG. LOL

Last edited:
The kit I got uses wago connecters for everything even the north American plug. But I want to get Three pronged waterproof cable joiner that might take a few days. I will have it running either way by tomorrow with the wago connectors.

Yeah , I’m pretty sure watts are watts . Qb’s & cobs are pretty much the same . Cobs jam a lot of tiny diodes in a small package, qbs have bigger diodes spread out in a bigger package . They weigh a lot less then a bunch cobs so shipping would be cheaper I bet . Hope this helps , I’m not the best at explaining thing lol!

So QBs are better for spread? COBs better for focusing lights on a small area, especially with glass lenses?

This is my basic understanding though.

Looking forward to FN and yourself showing me the ropes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will love your QBs! I’ve built a couple fixtures my self out of the qb120s. The first one I built was with 4 qb120 in 3k powered by a Meanwell 240h-c2100a driver. Had awesome results with it. So bought 4 more qb120s to throw in my 4x4. I’ve finished 4 crops with them and love them. The spread and penetration on them is amazing

78fa47cfcf39fe7da82ce2698e9fb8ad.jpg

You will love your QBs! I’ve built a couple fixtures my self out of the qb120s. The first one I built was with 4 qb120 in 3k powered by a Meanwell 240h-c2100a driver. Had awesome results with it. So bought 4 more qb120s to throw in my 4x4. I’ve finished 4 crops with them and love them. The spread and penetration on them is amazing

78fa47cfcf39fe7da82ce2698e9fb8ad.jpg
That makes a fella feel good about my purchase thank you for dropping in. If I have any questions I will be asking you for sure bro. But it is a straight forward build from the directions I got. How did you mount your driver my man? Did you put it on a angle?

That makes a fella feel good about my purchase thank you for dropping in. If I have any questions I will be asking you for sure bro. But it is a straight forward build from the directions I got. How did you mount your driver my man? Did you put it on a angle?

No problem! It’s always nice seeing other people going the qb route. As for the driver ,I did a remote mount outside my tent, I actually just put up 2 pieces of 2x4 on the wall behind the tent and mounted the driver side ways going across them. Kinda helped with the heat from the driver. And as for my cord for it, to get the length I needed to remote mount. I actually just used a basic everyday 10 ft extension cord. Hacked the outlet side off it and wired it directly to my driver..but no doubt any other questions just ask.

Last edited:
And also if you wanted. Since you bought the 304 kit that comes with the heat sinks you need. There is the option to mount the driver to your heatsinks. They tend to run a little hotter when you do it that way but it is do able.

So QBs are better for spread? COBs better for focusing lights on a small area, especially with glass lenses?

For a single hanging lights I do believe the QB’s spread is better in my opinion. But if you like single hanging lights they make 65 watt qb’s .

im not an expert by no means, but I spent $450 on a Timber 200 watt with 4 citizens 1212 cobs for a 3x3 ft. tent On a 2x2 ft. frame & the 135 qb at 6 inches x 11 inches did just as well for $200 ! If you don’t want a framed light you can get 65 watt qb’s for 100$ I don’t care what’s trendy , qbs kick ass ! I do think they spread light better in my opinion.

This is great I love the posts in this thread so far and some great ideas too thanks guys for posting.

Back