Lighting Quantum board thread.

Stay classy? No need for tude dude. I didn't realize that I was in QB, so it was a simple mistake and I am sure that even you have made mistakes too. I was going off the posters heat problems and the fact that he wasn't even using HPS and only MH while getting high temps. Are those two lights QB? It was merely about heat and one alternative to heat and that's it. It was to help, not subvert your QB's.
Sorry man , with the title “quantum Board thread “ , I assumed you were trying to change the subject.

its all OK dude, cobshop.net is an official vendor on the site and mention of the company is fully welcome in the QB thread. No one is on the pay roll and one mention of the company is not spamming... also I think that the subject of QB's mixed with COB's need discussing. I'm on my first grow with a mix of 2 QB's and 8 citizen 1212's cobs. Altogether pulling 420w at 1050ma. So far seeing great results... So with that in mind the subject of cobs and possible where to buy the real deal is welcome in the QB thread.
Right on man , I use both just not together. I use cobs for tall plants for the tighter light angle with a lense & qb’s for bushes with even open bud sites for the spread . Thought about using the qb for side light on tall plants to , just not sure it’s worth it ?

Hows it hangin peeps? Glad to see AFN showin some love for the QB!

Just wanted to pick your brains a little bit about spectrum. I don't own one yet but am planning on picking one up within the next few weeks. Unfortunately the only ones currently available (for my space) on todogrowled are 4000k. This is honestly the only european distributor that carries the 135w, according to HLG's website.

From what I've read, the 4000k is great in veg but is still worlds better, spectrum-wise, than the majority of older tech when it comes to flowering as well. I have had little to no luck in finding any completed journals, however. You guys have any thoughts on this subject? What do you think the results would be? I have read that the extra blue can have the tendency to encourage terp production .

Its looking like this is the route I'm going to take regardless, so if the 3000k boards don't come in stock by the time I have to place my order, I'll be guinea piggin' it up for the AFN fam.:woohoo:

Hows it hangin peeps? Glad to see AFN showin some love for the QB!

Just wanted to pick your brains a little bit about spectrum. I don't own one yet but am planning on picking one up within the next few weeks. Unfortunately the only ones currently available (for my space) on todogrowled are 4000k. This is honestly the only european distributor that carries the 135w, according to HLG's website.

From what I've read, the 4000k is great in veg but is still worlds better, spectrum-wise, than the majority of older tech when it comes to flowering as well. I have had little to no luck in finding any completed journals, however. You guys have any thoughts on this subject? What do you think the results would be? I have read that the extra blue can have the tendency to encourage terp production .

Its looking like this is the route I'm going to take regardless, so if the 3000k boards don't come in stock by the time I have to place my order, I'll be guinea piggin' it up for the AFN fam.:woohoo:

@Waxer, I have a QB in the 4000K spectrum. I use it for veg and flower. It’s a good middle of the road spectrum. Is it ideal? No, but I only have one light in a small tent. It gets the job done. My journal on here in the new grower’s forum document my first grow with it and my posts in the 2-liter bottle competition document my second grow with it.

IAM using 3000 k spectrum with great success in veg and bloom. Man they cover a lot of area.

@Waxer, I have a QB in the 4000K spectrum. I use it for veg and flower. It’s a good middle of the road spectrum. Is it ideal? No, but I only have one light in a small tent. It gets the job done. My journal on here in the new grower’s forum document my first grow with it and my posts in the 2-liter bottle competition document my second grow with it.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have a look.
IAM using 3000 k spectrum with great success in veg and bloom. Man they cover a lot of area.
3000k boards back in stock!!:woohoo1:

Let's just hope it stays that way until I can pick one up.:wall:

I have mine in a sealed room the produce NO HEAT AT ALL, DRIVER DOES BUT CAN BE PUT OUTSIDE OF TENT SO I understand if.ur a HLG QB fan but I prefer to do the best way I can and save money the folux 240 kit is a lot less than hlg qb and same exact thing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

the reason I went with HLG for the first couple of builds and to be real honest is that I'm a bit of fan boy thanks to Growmau5 and GML. The other is that you know its "top bin" from HLG as they deal direct with Samsung.

For my next build I will be going through Alibaba to save few pennys and also I like the other size boards you can get.

[HASHTAG]#flashingmybush[/HASHTAG]

We are coming near to the end, about 2 week to go on this grow (Alien Rift by Ocean Grown)... Its my first grow with this array and I'm well happy with it (could have squeezed another plant in to make up those few gaps in the net), rock hard nugs and the frost is piling on. Once this grow is out of the way I will get the 3rd QB back back in place.

20180719_193718.jpg

QB’s are the shit ! Not much love on this site tho? Cheaper then cobs & only one plug . I got the 135 watt & grow 3 medium sized girls in a 3’x3’ tent . You can get more watts out of them too , I do use fans to help keep it cool . Happy growing man .
U just have the 1 135watter in there ? Is it enough for ur 3x3 ?

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Back