Lighting Quantum board thread.

I am glad you got it figured out. Is the dimmer working good for you? That is great my son in law is electrically inclined and did all of my wiring. I have 304 board coming with a meanwell driver ending in A which means I can control it from the driver as a chap mentioned above in another post. Bava is down to 76.00 for a whole 288 v1 kit with shipping that is around 110.00 U.S. that is dirt cheap there heatsinks will do but are not the quality of mejeiu on Alibaba I hope that is how it is spelled. 110.00 dollars for 125 to 135 watts of quantum power UNREAL

Guess I called the price cut! But that is to be expected with all techs. New or old price, still more worthwhile than any lights out there imo.

Everything working great! I'll hopefully use these for a while. Its total of 600++ watts of QB power. For a space that grows a max of 6 big plants (about 5×3 maybe slightly more), its already an overkill. Although the 600++ watts is divided in two, wattage per square feet still greatly exceeds the recommended 35W per square feet. Dimming will be the saving grace for me and might even allow some COB supplementing depending on how I play it.

Am gonna wait for any V3 or V4 boards that doesn't charge me 60%++ for a mere 6% increase in efficiency. Now that price has dropped, the increase is even more significant.

Bava's decrease is not as significant as you think. They use A drivers which reduces price by around $15 due to no need of external dimmers and another $15 or so without a timer. So their kit is already $30 (retail value) lesser in stuff compared to a Meijiu kit. But Meijiu is selling for a little over $100 for their kits, which is better if you consider the better heatsinks. I have mentioned before that BAVA kinda admits themselves that their heatsink is a little inferior. Can only handle 120W max. Not an issue for growers who likes to run them cool.

My bava light needs a fan on it imo.

Just checked my wall meter and playing with the dimmer a little. OMG...a single 800 board can get up to 350W with this monster of a driver! The best part is...you can start from 14W and increase by 10W or so per increment. Or you can use the percentage buttons and each 25% is around 90W jump.

Sweet! Loving my new toy! I just hope my growing skills don't let them down...

Should have everything figured out now. Managed to close the dimmer. I just capped off the additional wire with a connector. All works fine. Tested both 3000K and 4000K boards. 4000K seems brighter. Can't wait to start vegging with this!
3bb227efad8814a5f6d4d895b24c5b7a.jpg

Man...are they cool or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so so cool, welcome to the gang... out of the way people QB growers coming through

giphy15.gif

can't wait to see it in action, what the length of that board ?

That's my man Slater I get my lights in days not weeks . Alibaba has a tradefare program if you purchase through that. If you do not get what you paid for they do not get paid the company you purchased from. Mejeiu has been super good to me beyond any company on Alibaba. I had a 304 board where a row was dim. I showed them a picture they sent a 304 board out just like that. It turns out it was my wiring and it works just fine. I have a 304 board brand new. They did not even argue they took the blame and sent out a board that day I was shocked.

misses had kittens yesterday when i was on Alibaba very nearly spending all our money... I will be moving house end of the year and what ever space I get next is goings to be illuminated to a 9th degree... would be tempted by some of those pucs, the growmua5 style one with the extra red diodes to replace the cob in between the QB

so so cool, welcome to the gang... out of the way people QB growers coming through

View attachment 926621 I got my first COB in 2014 it was. What kind of light is that? I was told it would not work as good as my Apollo 6 lights. Well it works amazing and still does it is just underdriven and is not as efficient. We are now on to Quantum and it is growing expodentially. I have read and heard from growers it is huge in Isreal and has been for a while.

can't wait to see it in action, what the length of that board ?

Is that V1 of the HLG QB LED? I like your set up great looking plant that's gonna be a killer white widow. I am using a company called FOLUX SOLUTIONS LED. They have Samsung top bin 561C diodes and they are amazing check out this scrog it's 2 of the 240 kits

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I got these of Ebay from atrium lighting they are a copy of hlg quantum board v1 still the Samsung diodes. So far so good plants seem to be loving them

Back