New Grower Qb135w V2 DR60 HSO Blue Dream Auto

@Auto melt

I didnt mean to insult you mate it just didn't make sense to me. I understand what your saying now about the soil. The soil I use has organic nutrients in it and from reading other diaries seemed to have enough for around 4 weeks but it doesn't seem the case here. I can't afford any of those nutes now so I'm going to be using the plant magic old timers which are organic and feed the microbial life just like the nutes you recommeded. I have been reading a lot of @autobeast posts about how he feeds but he's using biobizz lightmix. I should be following plant magics own feed schedule but halving the dose and I'll be doing that next watering which should be tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and if you have anymore advice please post.

Qb

I have a QB 304 light with 4 boards I run at 360 watts. The Blue Dream was grown under 300 watts of Cob lighting

Hows the qb304 vs the 300w of cobs? My bro picked up a cnc pcb mill might build some qb's....

@Auto melt

Hi mate, I'm finding your advice very confusing? And conflicting to what I've been reading and been told by others. What do you mean by the soil is sterilised to kill everything? It doesn't make sense to me?? Im using specially formulated soil for cannabis from plant magic along with their organic nutrients plus magne cal.

@Mañ'O'Green

Sadly I won't be able to stump up that kind of cash until next year with Christmas on the way. What would you say about getting a cheap one to tide me over? Seen one for $7.99 unsure if I can link to it so I won't but it's a mooncity 3 in 1 soil tester.

Thanks
Qb
I am probably the cheapest guy on AFN and I have gone that way in the past with dismal results. Not all is lost, I have grown many vegetable crops without the benefit of scientific tools. I would suggest that you water and fertigate with PH in the middle and watch the plants. Be vigilant. Maybe Santa Claus will bring you a meter?

@Auto melt

I didnt mean to insult you mate it just didn't make sense to me. I understand what your saying now about the soil. The soil I use has organic nutrients in it and from reading other diaries seemed to have enough for around 4 weeks but it doesn't seem the case here. I can't afford any of those nutes now so I'm going to be using the plant magic old timers which are organic and feed the microbial life just like the nutes you recommeded. I have been reading a lot of @autobeast posts about how he feeds but he's using biobizz lightmix. I should be following plant magics own feed schedule but halving the dose and I'll be doing that next watering which should be tomorrow.

Qb
@Auto melt @Qbgrower Well you are both right. Organic Soil can be sterilized but not in that manor. If you were going to make your own Organic Living Soil (which takes a long time) you start by composting green vegetative waste and brown dried waste together. The compost pile will reach internal temperatures of 160°F. This will sterilize it. Then you can just wait a year and add it to your garden or by turning the pile and adding water and an inoculant you can speed up the process and make it 3 or four times a year. Compost is just a part of living soil.

I digress, on a commercial level, you take soil and run it through a steam barrel or put it into an oven to sterilize it. Cool it off, add some live "Organic" inoculant - microbes and the such and presto you have Organic Soil. Don't get me wrong there are reputable soil vendors out there that do way more than that to try to have a reliable product. Find one you like. Learn how to grow in it by doing it. Take notes (I wish I had). Remember this weed wants to grow.

@Auto melt

Qb

It’s cool my bro

Phone a few grow shops or contact plant magic

Most likely they will say don’t ph anything as ypur doing organics. The soil should be enough too buffer mate.

Day 21

So I've pH'd my tap water and it's reading 7.4 and I also pH''d tap water plus nutes which comes out at 6.35. Initially I was feeding just tap water, do you think the pH could be a problem for cal mag uptake?

Today I started lightly foliar feeding and moistening the soil through a pump spray at a rate of 1.5l water to 1ml magne cal and 2.25ml ot grow. Only used 500ml.

The problem still seems to be spreading but the new growth is looking good. Have managed to raise my temp slightly to around 22c.

Here's some pics.

IMG_20181103_221644.jpg
IMG_20181103_221759.jpg
IMG_20181103_221739.jpg
IMG_20181103_221658.jpg
IMG_20181103_221657.jpg
IMG_20181103_221652.jpg
IMG_20181103_221847.jpg

Thanks for following along!

Qb

Day 21

So I've pH'd my tap water and it's reading 7.4 and I also pH''d tap water plus nutes which comes out at 6.35. Initially I was feeding just tap water, do you think the pH could be a problem for cal mag uptake?

Today I started lightly foliar feeding and moistening the soil through a pump spray at a rate of 1.5l water to 1ml magne cal and 2.25ml ot grow. Only used 500ml.

The problem still seems to be spreading but the new growth is looking good. Have managed to raise my temp slightly to around 22c.

Here's some pics.

View attachment 969074 View attachment 969075 View attachment 969076 View attachment 969077 View attachment 969078 View attachment 969079 View attachment 969080

Thanks for following along!

Qb
I think it will grow out of it in no time. Looking good.

great job pal i thought i would say hi i read through your thread there is nothing i can add you have got some of the best growers on the site in your thread all i can say keep it simple its the best way

Growth will be slow @ 22°C it would be better if you could get it warmer.

Hey mate just thought I'd chime in.

Im on my 4th grow with a qb 288 in a 2x2x4 tent, so shorter than yours.

I have done a 2 plant, two 3 plants, and currently on a 1 plant grow.

I am scrogging for the first time with a single plant in a 3 gal fabric pot. It seems that the pot was slightly small to fill the screen completely as it stalled in veg around week 5 so i flipped (photo not auto). Any questions regarding the light I'll help out if i can.

I run 135 watts as of start of flower, and just have the light a bit higher. Mine also goes up to 175 watts when i turn both pots up fully.

I also managed 5oz last run from 3 autos.

All the best!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back