New Grower Qb135w V2 DR60 HSO Blue Dream Auto

just saw, 27” high
lift them up to at least 30”

maybe more if she’s particularly sensitive :thumbsup:

She hasn't been watered since potting up to a 16l in prewetted soil about a week ago so thought 750ml in the morning and 750ml at night would be fine? I find watering a difficult art to master

The light was about 30" from the canopy but I raised it to about 34" this morning thinking it could be a bit of light burn too?

This is the first time I've grown under led, first time using the instatransplant cup and the first using a smart pot. Ive only managed one decent grow a few years ago under HPS.

Lots of firsts. Lots of learning to do but I will get better with practice, reading and guidance from this amazing forum.

Thanks again for the help.

Qb

:pop: subbed

I am an old Organic truck farmer. I was growing organic before it was popular and I am set in my ways for many things.

Germination: How many times did you handle the seed after you tried to drown it? Each time is an opportunity to damage or kill it just so you can see the tap root? I think that is crazy. Just put a seed 1/2" in a rapid rooter/rock wool cube etc., plant it in the pot it will live in keep it moist and warm on 18/6 light schedule. If it is viable it will grow and you won't be damaging the all important tap root. When you water imagine where the roots are and water only an inch around and under that. Make the watered portion bigger each time you water. This has the same effect as starting in a smaller container and transplanting without the risk of damage.

Nutrients: Use a nutrient line designed for cannabis from the ground up. Use the ENTIRE line. The best nutrient manufactures have spent millions of dollars with the smartest plant nutrition scientists to make products designed to work together. I know they are smarter about this than I am so leverage that in your grow. Learn about Liebig's Law of the minimums to understand why it is important to keep your nutrients in balance every time you feed. They do not need to be expensive GreenLeaf Nutrients and Dyna-Gro are both inexpensive lines with Advanced Nutrient the most expensive many others in between.

PH has caused me more problems than all of the other environmental components put together. Get a good PH meter. Accurate 8 for soil/coco and BlueLab for hydro. Calibrate and maintain them properly. Put it in your budget to replace them every couple of years when maintained properly sooner if not.

Temperature and humidity monitors. You need to try to keep these in range and without good meters you cannot do this. I am running a Pulse One and find it a very good tool but it is expensive so maybe something for later.

I have SCROGed autos but it is hard to do because they are not in veg long enough. I messed up the buds on a couple of plants before I decided not to do it anymore. Topping and LST is all you need.

She hasn't been watered since potting up to a 16l in prewetted soil about a week ago so thought 750ml in the morning and 750ml at night would be fine? I find watering a difficult art to master

The light was about 30" from the canopy but I raised it to about 34" this morning thinking it could be a bit of light burn too?

This is the first time I've grown under led, first time using the instatransplant cup and the first using a smart pot. Ive only managed one decent grow a few years ago under HPS.

Lots of firsts. Lots of learning to do but I will get better with practice, reading and guidance from this amazing forum.

Thanks again for the help.

Qb

had the presoaked soil had a chance to dry out over the past week?
watering at this stage is super tough to get right, imo.
for comparison, my girls didn’t get a 750ml feed until they were over 20 days iirc, in 12L airpots. I didn’t presoak my soil whatsoever either.
I guess all I’m saying is less-is-more at this stage, and I think CalMag can be pretty strong stuff for youngsters.

main thing you want to do is prevent the need for adding more at this stage, which would be raising the lights.
took me a week or two to hoist my lights right up too and the plants thanked me for it.

get some piccies up when you can :greenthumb:

Subbed!

Hey man, hope all's going well. Got a new grow on the go myself so definitely keen to follow yours. Your about 2 weeks ahead of me!

How's she recovering? Been a good few days since the last pic... Rooting for her! (Pun intended)

Last edited:
@Mañ'O'Green Thanks for the help and subbing up. Congratulations on becoming a staff member as well.

I handled the seed 3 times during the germination process, I will try your method on the next run. I have a temp/humidity sensor in the tent and I sit around 20/21c, I have lights on 24/7. Humidity hovers between 50/55 Rh. Got a pH pen but haven't used it yet. I will check my water tonight or tomorrow. I am using plant magic soil, plant magic old timers grow, bloom and magne cal. Soil should have enough in it for about 4 weeks i hope. Plan to use grow when it looks needed until the stretch stops then onto the bloom and will now use the magne cal at every feeding at 1ml per litre.

My next post will be my update with pics.

@Froot n Fuel

The pot was very light and the soil was dry down to my first knuckle so felt right to water it. Light raised to the highest it can go -34"

@EyeWood

Hi mate thanks for subbing. Can you give me a link to your grow? and I'll follow along.

Thanks
Qb

So it's day 19 of my blue dream grow

Having what appears to be cal/mag def so following advice I have foliar sprayed with pm magne cal at 3ml per litre twice 2 days ago and yesterday watered with 750ml with 0.75ml magne cal in the morning and again about 10 hours later. It's difficult to tell if it's helped or not as it has spread to higher leaves but stopped at the top leaves.

Oh yeah was topped at day 16 at the 4th node before I noticed the problems and when checked a few hours later one of the stems had snapped clean off.

Any way here's some pics.

IMG_20181101_151439.jpg
IMG_20181101_151500.jpg
IMG_20181101_151425.jpg
IMG_20181101_151450.jpg
IMG_20181101_151441.jpg
IMG_20181101_151523.jpg

Thanks

Qb

I know a lot of growers run autos 24/0 but it just seems wrong to me. These plants evolved for thousands of years with a night time and I want happy plants. I have tried all manner of light schedules and based on my personal experience 18/6 had the best yield to watts used ratio. I am a cheap bast!@# and saving money is always on my mind.

So it's day 19 of my blue dream grow

Having what appears to be cal/mag def so following advice I have foliar sprayed with pm magne cal at 3ml per litre twice 2 days ago and yesterday watered with 750ml with 0.75ml magne cal in the morning and again about 10 hours later. It's difficult to tell if it's helped or not as it has spread to higher leaves but stopped at the top leaves.

Oh yeah was topped at day 16 at the 4th node before I noticed the problems and when checked a few hours later one of the stems had snapped clean off.

Any way here's some pics.

View attachment 968015 View attachment 968016 View attachment 968017 View attachment 968018 View attachment 968019 View attachment 968020
Thanks

Qb

That’s a beastly plant and it will explode soon

Back