New Grower Qb135w V2 DR60 HSO Blue Dream Auto

Lol @Burn victim

As soon as the hangers arrive I'll get it set up! You also answered my question of how high to hang the light. So thanks for that.

Do you think I should go the full 135w or dim it down to 65w?

Cheers for the advice!

Didn’t realize you were waiting on hangers lol. You could dim it till flower then crank it up , but if you need the heat run it full blast as long as it’s high enough it’ll be fine ! I’m no expert as I’ve only been growing for a year & a half , but I learn fast & if you have any ?’s feel free to ask .

I know nothing about the nutes you’re using, but make sure it’s got cal/mag in it . Leds suck it out of the plant & needs to be supplemented. If you’re in the states check out green leaf nutes , you can get a free sample that will last you many small grows . Use AFN for the code & I think they give you a bigger sample. The stuff you want is mega crop , it’s all you really need .

Cheers @Burn victim

I'll grab some plant magic magne cal in the next week or so. Am I right in thinking that I start using it at 1ml per litre when I start using bloom nutes?

I'm also thinking about transplanting into the 16l smart pots tonight. I'm hoping doing this means that I won't need to use any grow nutes at all. She seems to be growing a lot faster now that the 2nd set.of leaves have grown which i guess makes sense. More leaves = more photosynthesis.

@Burn victim do you have any diaries on here? Interested to have a read. And thanks again for the help.

Will update later with pics.

I have a QB 304 light with 4 boards I run at 360 watts. The Blue Dream was grown under 300 watts of Cob lighting

Thanks for the advice! The light has a dimmable driver. My plan is to veg at 65w then gradually bump it up to 135w around week 5 or 6 for flowering.

@pop22 What quantum board do you use? Also for scrogging I was thinking 2 plants mainly incase I mess up one.

Do you top? I've read topping at node 4 is best?

And finally do you have links to your qb diaries?

QB

sorry just saw this, I don't seem to be f=getting alerts. I hung a single board and heatsink by using eye bolts in the corners and using light chain as hangers. I've got a couple in a small wooden cab and I screwed the to the top with long screws so that they have an inch of clearance.

We have life!!
View attachment 960807

14/10/18 - We'll call today day 1. Checked this morning and there was a little head poking up from the soil. Really impressed with how quick she has started. Let the fun begin!

Set up the tent and realised that there were no hangers for the quantum board so had to use the old 125w envirolite until I find a way to hang the qb. I'm sure I've got a couple of ratchet hangers around here somewhere...

View attachment 960836

@pop22 Any suggestions on ways to hang the qb?

Cheers
QB

Cheers @Burn victim

I'll grab some plant magic magne cal in the next week or so. Am I right in thinking that I start using it at 1ml per litre when I start using bloom nutes?

I'm also thinking about transplanting into the 16l smart pots tonight. I'm hoping doing this means that I won't need to use any grow nutes at all. She seems to be growing a lot faster now that the 2nd set.of leaves have grown which i guess makes sense. More leaves = more photosynthesis.

@Burn victim do you have any diaries on here? Interested to have a read. And thanks again for the help.

Will update later with pics.
Not sure about plant magic, I mostly grow organic so everything is in the dirt when I start the grow . If I run into problems I’ll supplement feed the plant what it needs , so not totally organic but pretty dam close . Next grow I’m gonna try organic teas to supplement feed & that will be 100% organic. Sorry man no documented grows , weed hasn’t bean decriminalized in my state & they will send your ass to prison, so I don’t risk it ! Ain’t worth it .

Thanks for popping in @pop22 that blue dream looked impressive, did you get a dry weight?. Managed to find a hanger for the light so will set that up soon. Do you lower the watts during veg? Then crank it up for flower?

@Burn victim Going the full organic route sounds great. The plant magic grow and bloom are organic but not sure about the magne cal. Once I've got a couple of grows under my belt I plan to try making my own super soil and using teas. Your best playing it safe if your not in a legal state.

I transferred to a 16l smart pot today and she seems to have coped with it well, shes giving off a nice smell and growing nicely. Still on just plain water but switched to pump spray as its a bigger pot. Gets the water nice and aerated too.

I will update with pics in a couple of days once I get the rest of the tent set up and the qb hung.

Thanks for following along and thanks for the help.

Qb

So ive hung the qb today, plugged in, flipped the switch and nothing! I really shouldve checked it was working when it got delivered a while ago. Waiting on response from seller so hopefully they can help me out.

The board came prebuilt and I'm not very handy with electrical stuff so don't really want to mess about with it but is there any simple things I can do to try to get it to run? @pop22

Been excited to get this up and running.
What a downer ☹️☹️

Back