New Grower Qb135w V2 DR60 HSO Blue Dream Auto

@davisgirl Your right! Even 1 more would've been a nightmare to manage. I hope you learn from my mistakes as there's been quite a lot :crying: She's looking a little worse for wear today, I may have over done it on the nutes or possibly lockout? Or light burn? :gassy:

Your setup sounds awesome. DWC seems like a lot of work though? How do you find it?

Did you get the plastic pots or the smart pots? Im pretty sure I'll be buying 1 smart pot autopot and more than likely get Biotabs.

@Bailey Thanks for the rep bud. She's far from perfect health at the minute but I've turned her around once and I'll turn her around again... Hopefully :bow:

@Mañ'O'Green I've taken some pics outside the tent can't get 5000k light so just took pictures in a room with a normal household bulb hope that's ok??

Day 50

I've just watered her with plain water which my 'dodgy' pH pen says is ph7 and I'm hoping that this will help with the way the leaves are looking.

View attachment 981304 View attachment 981306 View attachment 981307 View attachment 981308 View attachment 981309 View attachment 981310 View attachment 981311

Thanks for the help.

Qb
They look hungry with Cal-Mag deficiency. How are you managing PH? I ask because the hungry look may be a PH problem.

@Mañ'O'Green I'm waiting for distilled water to arrive so I can recalibrate the pH pen as it shows 0.25 as soon as you turn it on. Waiting for pH up and down too.

I've been feeding a decent amount of magne cal so I think it points more to pH problems. I'll water again tomorrow and add some magne cal to it and see how she is. Don't think the stuff will arrive till midweek.

Qb

@Mañ'O'Green I'm waiting for distilled water to arrive so I can recalibrate the pH pen as it shows 0.25 as soon as you turn it on. Waiting for pH up and down too.

I've been feeding a decent amount of magne cal so I think it points more to pH problems. I'll water again tomorrow and add some magne cal to it and see how she is. Don't think the stuff will arrive till midweek.

Qb
Uhmm........... I have not heard of using distilled water for PH pen calibration. I use solutions designed to calibrate at 7.0 and 4.0.
I use these:

ScreenHunter_145 Dec. 02 10.56.jpg

But this is cheaper:

ScreenHunter_145 Dec. 02 10.55.jpg

Plants under LEDs need more calmag than plants under other lights. They are calmag hogs. But, I agree, there is a pH problem. This is a great kit here that eliminates the need for a pH probe and the whole calibration thing: Amazon product

Also, are you removing the chlorine/chloramine?

I love DWC. Around week 4 I ran into calmag problems that started overnight and spread like wildfire. I had switched to RO water and not adjusted for calmag. I should have known, but it caught me. It was one of the most depressing weeks of my life LOL! Luckily we figured it out and it’s been smooth since.

I got the Autopots with plastic pots.

@Mañ'O'Green That would've been a much better idea!

My semlos ph pen came with different pH powders that each have to be diluted in 250ml distilled water and then the pen is dipped in those to calibrate.

How do you use those sachets? Are they powders too?

Qb

Plants under LEDs need more calmag than plants under other lights. They are calmag hogs. But, I agree, there is a pH problem. This is a great kit here that eliminates the need for a pH probe and the whole calibration thing: Amazon product

Also, are you removing the chlorine/chloramine?

I love DWC. Around week 4 I ran into calmag problems that started overnight and spread like wildfire. I had switched to RO water and not adjusted for calmag. I should have known, but it caught me. It was one of the most depressing weeks of my life LOL! Luckily we figured it out and it’s been smooth since.

I got the Autopots with plastic pots.

That will get you in the ballpark but a good PH pen is a lot more accurate.

That will get you in the ballpark but a good PH pen is a lot more accurate.
Agreed!

Are you sure you can’t get distilled water right at the grocery store?

@Mañ'O'Green That would've been a much better idea!

My semlos ph pen came with different pH powders that each have to be diluted in 250ml distilled water and then the pen is dipped in those to calibrate.

How do you use those sachets? Are they powders too?

Qb
No they are liquid. I like them a lot because it is a one use product that you know is fresh and not contaminated. I get them at my local hydro shop. They are expensive online for some reason? Be careful as they sometimes ship only one packet when you think you are getting 10 or 20!

@davisgirl I have a 7.5l watering can that I fill with tap water and leave that out to evaporate the chlorine and pour it into a 1.5l watering can to mix my nutes and then water.

I'll add some calmag into the next watering and see how she is after that. I've been giving 1ml per 1.5l every other watering mostly.

DWC seems to get great results but I'd be shit at all the monitoring and Res changes :biggrin:. You seem to know what your doing though.

Do you have a diary? Would love to follow along. Do you plan to start your new grow straight after you've finished your current one? Would be good to bounce ideas off each other if we're both using Autopots.

Qb

@Qbgrower do you know if your water has chloromines? Is it municipal water if so you should be able to find out what they use chlorine or chlorine and ammonia. Chlorine and ammonia = chloromines and it does not come out with just aeration.

Chloramine Removal

You are looking for ascorbic acid vitamin C. The store brand is usually the cheapest without other stuff added in. 50mg per gallon will treat water with 3.8 PPM of chloramines.

Back