New Grower Qb135w V2 DR60 HSO Blue Dream Auto

@Mossy Wow! Thank you! Sounds good to me.:worship:

I really appreciate it. This is the reason I love this site. Full of amazing people.

I've never been the focus of an experiment before. The pressure is on but I'm sure it's going to push me to make this next grow a success.

Is there anything else that I have to do in the meantime?

Thank you again

Qb

@Mossy Wow! Thank you! Sounds good to me.:worship:

I really appreciate it. This is the reason I love this site. Full of amazing people.

I've never been the focus of an experiment before. The pressure is on but I'm sure it's going to push me to make this next grow a success.

Is there anything else that I have to do in the meantime?

Thank you again

Qb

Ha @Qbgrower :pighug: don't let it pressure you...

I've stuck your name in RP's to remind me when [HASHTAG]#autoseeds.com[/HASHTAG] need to contact you.

@Mossy A little pressure is always good to get the best out of me. Thanks again. That pig smillie always makes me laugh

Do Autoseeds decide what I grow or do I get a choice? Been reading about their strains and a few more have got me excited. GSC, HiJack and JuicyLucy all look amazing and exactly what I look for in a good smoke.

Day 31

She seems to be growing very slowly and not stretching as expected but I suppose it's still early days yet. Counted 10 bud sites :yay:

I noticed yesterday that the leaf tips were curled down and what looked like more yellow/brown spotting on some big fan leaves. I decided to flush her with some water with a little added magne cal at around pH 7 (I think) till about 20% runoff. Also removed the box she was sitting on as the light was about 23" away to around 27" incase it may have been light burn.

My pH pen seems off. When I turn it on it reads 0.25 before putting it in any liquid. Can't find distilled water anywhere but can get deionised water, would that work for calibration?

Its feed day today but the soil is still wet from yesterday's flush. Should I wait till the soil dries out then give her a full dose of grow? Should I be adding magne cal to every watering?

Anyway heres some more pics.

IMG_20181113_095047.jpg
IMG_20181113_095050.jpg
IMG_20181113_095029.jpg
IMG_20181113_095021.jpg

Thanks for the help

Qb

Day 32

Did my first bit of defoliation today and got rid of all the leaves that were damaged badly by the calmag def earlier on in the grow. Removed quite a lot. Also tried to put a scrog net in and managed to snap one of the main branches at the stalk but not all the way. Have used some tape to support the stem and she should heal. Will not be attempting scrog on this grow now. I hope she doesn't stretch like crazy, don't have much height left at all.

Heres a pic of the leaves i clipped off.

IMG_20181114_095323.jpg

Qb

Day 34

Half way through hopefully. Watered 1.5l of water earlier today, starting to smell really nice in the tent. Got the temp up to a fairly steady 27c, branch repair looks to have worked well and she Is growing and gaining height with a nice even canopy.

Looking forward to seeing little buds pop up soon. Does everything look ok in your opinion? When would you suggest I start using bloom nutes?

@Mañ'O'Green @Mossy @hope2grow

Here's some pics

IMG_20181116_121428.jpg
IMG_20181116_121430.jpg
IMG_20181116_121510.jpg
IMG_20181116_121441.jpg
IMG_20181116_121453.jpg

Thanks.

Qb

@nbbeerguy Thanks. I'll have a look.

I think I'm going to get some new nutes for the grow battle. This pHing is doing my head in! And i want to have the best grow possible for it. Advanced Nutrients pH perfect looks like what I'm after. So many different nutes though but reading through a few diaries I'm looking at either the grow/micro/bloom or the sensi grow and bloom. Maybe some voodoo juice too and the calmag. Hopefully solve the problems I'm having.

Qb

Day 34

Half way through hopefully. Watered 1.5l of water earlier today, starting to smell really nice in the tent. Got the temp up to a fairly steady 27c, branch repair looks to have worked well and she Is growing and gaining height with a nice even canopy.

Looking forward to seeing little buds pop up soon. Does everything look ok in your opinion? When would you suggest I start using bloom nutes?

@Mañ'O'Green @Mossy @hope2grow

Here's some pics

View attachment 974251 View attachment 974252 View attachment 974253 View attachment 974254 View attachment 974255

Thanks.

Qb

Looking good not time for bloom nutes yet.

@Mañ'O'Green Yup that makes perfect sense. Thanks

My plan was to raise the seedling up on a platform in a corner of the tent so it's closer to the qb to see how well that works as I'm not going to be able to buy an autocob till early next year

The autocob is definitely the way I want to go so I've contacted the guy who built my qb to give me a price on a single cob.

Starting to look at new seeds. @mephisto @DutchPassionTony and @Autoseeds.com seem to be getting rave reviews on here. Looking for a sativa leaning strain. Will be doing a diary so hoping for a cheeky sponsor if possible?

Qb
Raising the seedlings in the corner will work fine , as they don’t need much light at that stage . If you time it right it will work . You could also buy a 50w 22’’ solstrip with heat sink & driver for 70 $ . It’s made with the same diodes in your qb 135 & you can choose from 2700k-5000k , they even have duel spectrum strips with 3 rows of diodes. HLG sells similar products way cheaper then a cob . If you’re in the states google solstrips , they even have 50w far red/royal blue strips if you want to get fancy lol. The heat sinks are tapped & drilled at each end so you can hang them . With limited height strips/qb’s are more ideal & with the diodes spread out the plants can get within inches with no ill affect. Cobs are great but not the best for every situation

Your space is pretty small , I wouldn’t ad more light , you can also hang seedlings in a corner with a hanging pot & ratchet strap .

Back