New Grower Qb135w V2 DR60 HSO Blue Dream Auto

@Mañ'O'Green

I've only just bought this qb135w light would I be able to do It with that?

Thanks

Qb
Yes that is still your main light but you need to get the light down to the little newer plants. For example your QB is 24 inches above a 30 inch plant that is 54 inches above a new seedling - not going to work. That is where an autocob steps in. Does this make sense to you?

@Mañ'O'Green Yup that makes perfect sense. Thanks

My plan was to raise the seedling up on a platform in a corner of the tent so it's closer to the qb to see how well that works as I'm not going to be able to buy an autocob till early next year

The autocob is definitely the way I want to go so I've contacted the guy who built my qb to give me a price on a single cob.

Starting to look at new seeds. @mephisto @DutchPassionTony and @Autoseeds.com seem to be getting rave reviews on here. Looking for a sativa leaning strain. Will be doing a diary so hoping for a cheeky sponsor if possible?

Qb

@hope2grow thanks for the advice

I'd like to do a perpetual grow. Sadly I don't have space for another tent to veg in. Can anyone help with how I can do this in my dr60?

Ideally I'd harvest 1 plant every 4 to 5 weeks. I was thinking about starting a new seed every 5 weeks in an instatransplant solo cup and then transplanting into a smart pot after 10 days. I only have 16l smart pots, I'd be able to fit the pot in but doubt I'd be able to get much light on it with another in full bloom.

Any suggestions?

Qb
I'd love to find a decent solution for this too! I know I'm going to lose two weeks of tent use when the buds are drying after harvest but without a second tent I don't see much alternative. :shrug:

There is a new round of grow battles due to start in January and we are going to be sponsoring some. I think it is @Mossy who is in charge so you may want to check out the Battle threads for more info.
Happy Growing
Seb

@EyeWood I have a solution for the drying! Have you seen the brown paper bag method?

Basically you get some unwaxed brown paper bags, cut down all the bud into golf ball sized chunks, line the bottom of the bags with a layer of buds, fold the bags over a couple of times but allow a decent air pocket and clip shut. Punch some holes in a cardboard box and connect it to tent intake with some ducting and leave for 3 - 5 days, do the snap test and if ready transfer to jars. The brown bags are supposed to cure whilst drying and keeps the smell better.

Not tried it yet but lots of people are having success with it on here. I should be finished before so you'll be able to see if it works for me before you try it yourself.

Qb

Thanks @Autoseeds.com I'll have a look. Any recommendations on a sativa leaning strain?

@Mossy How do I go about signing up for the January grow battle?

Thanks

Qb

@EyeWood I have a solution for the drying! Have you seen the brown paper bag method?

Basically you get some unwaxed brown paper bags, cut down all the bud into golf ball sized chunks, line the bottom of the bags with a layer of buds, fold the bags over a couple of times but allow a decent air pocket and clip shut. Punch some holes in a cardboard box and connect it to tent intake with some ducting and leave for 3 - 5 days, do the snap test and if ready transfer to jars. The brown bags are supposed to cure whilst drying and keeps the smell better.

Not tried it yet but lots of people are having success with it on here. I should be finished before so you'll be able to see if it works for me before you try it yourself.

Qb

Does sound promising!! I'm not sure I would fit a piece of inlet ducting due to restrictions in my cupboard. The 60cm has already been cut down to 50 in that diamension.... The theory is sound though.

I'll see how you get on, I might be able to figure something out! :toke:

@Mañ'O'Green Yup that makes perfect sense. Thanks

My plan was to raise the seedling up on a platform in a corner of the tent so it's closer to the qb to see how well that works as I'm not going to be able to buy an autocob till early next year

The autocob is definitely the way I want to go so I've contacted the guy who built my qb to give me a price on a single cob.

Starting to look at new seeds. @mephisto @DutchPassionTony and @Autoseeds.com seem to be getting rave reviews on here. Looking for a sativa leaning strain. Will be doing a diary so hoping for a cheeky sponsor if possible?

Qb

There is a new round of grow battles due to start in January and we are going to be sponsoring some. I think it is @Mossy who is in charge so you may want to check out the Battle threads for more info.
Happy Growing
Seb

Thanks @Autoseeds.com I'll have a look. Any recommendations on a sativa leaning strain?

@Mossy How do I go about signing up for the January grow battle?

Thanks

Qb

I notice you are a bit low on posts @Qbgrower ....but if @Autoseeds.com is willing to take on a Wild Card....:headbang:..I'll run with it.

Do you have a grow diary on AFN...?

@Mossy thanks for getting back to me.

Your in my diary mate. This is my first diary on here but the plan is to perpetually grow. Starting a new seed in about 2 - 3 weeks but undecided on strain. DPs Brooklyn sunrise, Autoseeds ultra lemon haze and Mephistos fantasmo or sodk have piqued my interest so far.

Qb

@Mossy thanks for getting back to me.

Your in my diary mate. This is my first diary on here but the plan is to perpetually grow. Starting a new seed in about 2 - 3 weeks but undecided on strain. DPs Brooklyn sunrise, Autoseeds ultra lemon haze and Mephistos fantasmo or sodk have piqued my interest so far.

Qb

That New huh...?....:pighug:...had a quick check back on your diary...saw you had a few problems....:headbang:...but you Listened to everyone giving advice and pulled it back 'round...:bravo:...Well Saved.

Soooooooooooo.....I'm going to make you a Deal.....:d5:...I'll put you on my List for a Sponsored start up for the [HASHTAG]#autoseeds[/HASHTAG] Team..

You will need to post it up in the General Battle thread...but you will have a Team of 7 experienced growers with you incase you need help.

IF you then Complete that Battle....you will be Invited onto the Official seed test team.

Official Seed Test Team get Priority on all sponsored seed places that come onto site in 2019...:headbang:

You will be my experiment..:biggrin:..see if a new member can sign into AFN with 50 posts..get seed sponsored place..And gain a place on the Test Team in one fell swoop...

Sound Good to you....?

You need to have a space in your grow room to germ between 16th Jan-1ST Feb 2019...:headbang:

Back