That thing is going bonkers.... :)

I also notice that you are installing the base of your airpots 2 rows below that which is advised in the instructions (to increase available volume in the pot, I assume)
I did that as well, but only subtracted one row...next time, I'll do as you have done :)

Good eye.
I am using the new Airpots that I scored a couple months back.
The newer Airpots have changed in size. They have gotten smaller.
Here is a comparison of old and new.
New on left and old on right. Both 2 gallon red bottom.
IMG_1401.jpg
Another difference is that the new style has two rows of sealed ribs at the top as opposed to the old that has only one row.
So, I drop the red bottom as low as possible to maximize as much pot space as possible.

Thank you so much for the info on the air pots its great to see the comparison.

Hi ronin, lovely plants bro they look amazing! I was just wondering if you or anyone else knows why they recommend putting the air pot base in two rows up?

Im going to stick around if you dont mind, ive got a feeling there's lots to be learned here!

Thank you so much for the info on the air pots its great to see the comparison.
No problem Grim.
Happy to share the info.

Hi ronin, lovely plants bro they look amazing! I was just wondering if you or anyone else knows why they recommend putting the air pot base in two rows up?
Im going to stick around if you dont mind, ive got a feeling there's lots to be learned here!
Thanks Dreadlow.:Sharing One:
I'd have to say it would be for ventilation/root pruning.
I do know that in the new 5 gallon(green bottom) they have a larger dimple in the 3rd row to aid in holding the bottom in.
Here is a pic of the raised dimple.
IMG_1432.jpg
3rd row from the bottom.
I place the bottoms as low as possible so I can maximize the space. I do this in all size Airpots.
The only downfall is the lowered bottom has the possibility of sitting in runoff.
So if you do lower the bottom, you may have to drain your runoff more often.
It still does the job of allowing air to pass under the container for root pruning as long as runoff is properly drained.
Hope my rambling may help.:tiphat:

It helped a lot bro, I've got some 5 gallons ready to go for my next grow so just trying to build up as much info as i can about them. Thanks a lot for your help, definately not a ramble haha!
:Sharing One:

No problem Grim.
Happy to share the info.

Thanks Dreadlow.:Sharing One:
I'd have to say it would be for ventilation/root pruning.
I do know that in the new 5 gallon(green bottom) they have a larger dimple in the 3rd row to aid in holding the bottom in.
Here is a pic of the raised dimple.
View attachment 383819
3rd row from the bottom.
I place the bottoms as low as possible so I can maximize the space. I do this in all size Airpots.
The only downfall is the lowered bottom has the possibility of sitting in runoff.
So if you do lower the bottom, you may have to drain your runoff more often.
It still does the job of allowing air to pass under the container for root pruning as long as runoff is properly drained.
Hope my rambling may help.:tiphat:

Spot on with what I was thinking...

Well, since you said "Colorado Style"...;)
To quote Dave Chapelle playing Rick James....

"What did the 5 fingers say to the face?"

:slap:

Back