Dutch Passion Pop22's Auto Ultimate grow - My Second Quest to grow a One Pound auto!

BTW, the tomato plant has a tomato on it thats getting ripe!

You mean the pistils are turning pink........
128D22~1.GIF

Soilponics looks good man! Sending good vibe and karma your way brudda!
Gonna have to look into that for my next run, probably moving over to coco since I share your winter frustrations lol

It really just a BIG, poor man's autopot! I've built a control box with a float valve in it. Then I'll run a 1/2" pipe from it to the res, and one to a 20 gallon trash can as a res. It will maintain about 3.5" of water in the plant res. Should only have to add water about every 7 - 10 days. I suspect this girl will be thirstier than the Yoda's Dragon's Breath I grew in it previuosly!
Soilponics looks good man! Sending good vibe and karma your way brudda!
Gonna have to look into that for my next run, probably moving over to coco since I share your winter frustrations lol

I just saw that grow just before you replied, and leaves me really curious to you mix your using. I always ran into inconsistent batches ph wise with my roots org original soil and bad luck with sunshine aswell but with thier fluff and drain rate. Care to share if you have the time that is? Bout to say fuck it and go coco all the way or DWC.

EDIT: I see an eror I was 3 years ago lol, i forgot to list the nutrient

My base mix is:
5 gallons organic potting soil
3 gallons coco coir
3 gallons fresh worm castings
3 gallons composted manure

On a mix of fresh soil, I add:
2 cups lime
3/4 cup epsom salts
1/4 cup blood meal
1 cup of Growmore organic flower mix
( has the same 5-5-5 mix as their soil builder mix, just slightly different ingredients )

Since I've started using the blood meal, I've had no N deficiencies. A little does it though!

I changed to this mix about in May, and every grow has been beyond my expectations! I'm finally convinced of the power of organics if you keep it simple!

I just saw that grow just before you replied, and leaves me really curious to you mix your using. I always ran into inconsistent batches ph wise with my roots org original soil and bad luck with sunshine aswell but with thier fluff and drain rate. Care to share if you have the time that is? Bout to say fuck it and go coco all the way or DWC.

Last edited:
I want to add, I ph my water to 6.5, I never ph the soil. IMO, you can get a plant to recover from ph issues but it will never get much beyond where it was when it was damaged. If I saw a PH issues in soil, odds are its low ph. I add lime to water and add a top dressing with added lime and leave it at that and let the plant finish.

I transplanted Galadriel into a 3 gallon pot this morning. i figure thats enough to let her get some size without over running my garden hopefully...lol! As she's not part of my quest, i'll post occasionally here. We'll see how she turns out, without any special treatment.

I'll update the Quest thread later today.

gal pic1 -12-14-2015.jpg

Actually pop the problem is the opposite, pH is too high with roots for me. I always have this issue when I've run it and cannot figure out why. Ph always takes a drastic up after about 35days. Where I put in 4ph feed and Run off is 6.8-7., tried flushing 3x container size and doesn't seem to help. Thinking they are using too much lime or their ph buffer just wears out about that time. Very frustrating so that where I want to venture off to coco

Back