What's up @DarkShadow! WE have the P300's in stock and if you order them today from our site they ship out the next day. Our warehouse is in Ontario California, so it will probably take 2-3 days to get to SA TX. We ship for free and don't charge taxes.

Amazon is a reseller for us, so if you have prime the 2 day shipping works great. You do have to pay taxes for all purchases on Amazon though.. They purchase the lights and set the market price and handle all their own fulfillment. So unfortunately, our coupon codes only work on our website and not through Amazon.

Thank you Platinum... I will check you guys out next year. Merry Christmas to all of you and Happy New Year!!!

DS

What it is AFN? I'm at day 6 (as of midnight today) and I'm just curious to know if I'm ok with my growth so far. I'm thinking I should have more leaf coverage, but maybe I'm pushing it... Please lend your assessment and advice. I'm running 2 100w cfl at 18/6 for the most part (nothing less than 18; maybe a lil more if I fall asleep). I am in small, plastic grow medias, so I do have to water more frequently than if I was in a solo cup. Don't want to have to transplant more than once, so I'm hoping to establish decent roots in this before I go to a 5gal air pot. However, please give me your expert advice so I can make the best of my 1st time. Thank you! (Day 2, 4, 5, & 6)
Day 2c.jpg
Day 4b.jpg
Day 5a.jpg
Day 6a.jpg

DS

"I use to wear Army Green, now I just want a green thumb to go along with some nice consumable green"

Last edited:
The core coverage area of the p150 is 3' x 1.5', so (2) p150s should max out the light space nicely without any overkill.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I've been using a P300 & P150 in an older tent sized 2 x 2.5. I upgraded to a 3 x 3, so I bought another P150. I think this will be ok
for a 3x3? My question is about PAR values. Would -2- P150 compare to -1- P300 as for as PAR values. I see that -1- P150 is about
1/2 the PAR value of a 300. I am going to use the -2- P150 side by side.
Thank you for your help.

Daniel

What's up Daniel. We really appreciate your business and great question. The P300 will have exactly the same number of diodes and drivers as 2 P150s. That PAR will be spread over a larger footprint with 2 P150's (3x3) vs. 1 P300 (3x2). So the PAR may be slightly less, but very equivalent. 2 P150s should light up a 3x3 quite well.

Hope this helps!

:vibe:

Hi @PlatinumLEDTom :toke:

Found a super crazy good deal on a P600 in my country's local craigslist type thing. Going to inspect it and very likely to bring it back with me :woohoo:
The dude says it was bought in December 2015. What do I need ask him to be able to be valid for eventual warranty issues? As you understand, handing over an invoice with name and addy in a land that is "hostile" to our hobby can be a bit of a turn-off… If he's picky about it, how else could we transfer product registration?

Also, what fans do the P600 use? Do you have a dB rating for the P600 unit? I ask because if I can't get warranty I'm going to strip ip open and slap in Silent-X/Noctua/Artic whisper quiet fans. I did that to my GN Ms0006 3 years ago and still kicking buds perfect. CFM rating can be very very close to original if chosen wisely. I am a noise freak, need me a quiet garden, but at 2.6m x 5x it's getting kinda tough loool ...

Last edited:
@PlatinumLEDTom - The guy said he'd give me the invoice order number so you could check on your systems and validate acquisition and product transfer. Would that be ok? Please let me know when you get a chance :bow: :thanks:

Last edited:
Hi @PlatinumLEDTom :toke:

Found a super crazy good deal on a P600 in my country's local craigslist type thing. Going to inspect it and very likely to bring it back with me :woohoo:
The dude says it was bought in December 2015. What do I need ask him to be able to be valid for eventual warranty issues? As you understand, handing over an invoice with name and addy in a land that is "hostile" to our hobby can be a bit of a turn-off… If he's picky about it, how else could we transfer product registration?

Also, what fans do the P600 use? Do you have a dB rating for the P600 unit? I ask because if I can't get warranty I'm going to strip ip open and slap in Silent-X/Noctua/Artic whisper quiet fans. I did that to my GN Ms0006 3 years ago and still kicking buds perfect. CFM rating can be very very close to original if chosen wisely. I am a noise freak, need me a quiet garden, but at 2.6m x 5x it's getting kinda tough loool ...

Whats up Groff. Good job finding that deal on the P600 on your country's local craigslist. Unfortunately, the warranty is not transferable. That being said, if there was anything that would ever go wrong with the light, we would be happy to troubleshoot the issue and see if we can help you fix it onsite. I'd even send out replacement parts to you on a case by case basis. We just can't have you send it in for a repair, because you won't be the original purchaser.

In regards to the fans, we used a D-Fan Model [HASHTAG]#DFH1225B[/HASHTAG]. Our fans typically run very quiet...one over the admins on this site says his P300 was reading 15 dBs (breath). Hope you enjoy that P600...I'm confident you will be impressed with the results.

Attachments

• sound dbs p300.png
    sound dbs p300.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 133
@PlatinumLEDTom

Why on earth wouldn't the warranty be transferable? I'm being totally up-front about the situation. It would be very easy to circumvent this situation. What good reason would justify loss of warranty by a simple transfer of ownership? :wall:

@PlatinumLEDTom,

Well, I thank you for the offer to try and solve any issues I may have with the light. It is currently vegging 12 lovely DP plants with it. I must say, the light spectrum looks spectacular - this, in visual comparison to my favourite lights. I like the added greens you've included. Anthocyanin's will love this for sure, and any Purple Kush growers out there will certainly benefit from this light spectrum.

But...

Whoever said these fans read 15dB is absolutely insane, deaf or needs glasses. The unit I have is possibly the loudest light I've ever encountered, and I have 6 different brands. And you should never repeat these claims as 15dB is simply ludicrous, if not insultuous. 15dB is lower than the rating for the most expensive silent fans on the market, that rotate at much much inferior speed and with less than half the CFM rating of your fans.

Unless of course, he used an uncalibrated meter, weighted D curve and measured at a distance of 1 mile… And why would YOU ever support these insane claims is beyond me. A simple smartphone app will give close enough readings to disprove this by a looooong shot.

And empirically saying this light is "whisper silent" is just bullsh!t. I am widely known around here as a nice and courteous person, and this sort of post certainly does NOT reflect my typical demeanour. But I owe it to my AFN brethren to speak out.

I ONLY bought this light cause I payed 150 buck for it at it's spanking new and barely used. I will gut it out, rip these jet-plane fans out and put in real silent fans with as close CFM rating as I can. My GN units are running 4 years with this mod, zero issue. Your heatsink looks good enough to handle the extra heat.

In fact, I deliberately "voided" the warranty seal over the screw to open it up and have a look inside. So the warrant thing is not even an issue any more, thank you … :face:

5zeyREJ.jpg

Sourcing out the specs for these fans, direct from the source using simple google translator…

0B4nwLv.png

And we all know how vendors specs are always dubious, especially from Asia without proper technical support data … and here they themselves claim
41 dB for a single fan, which is quite noisy! Add four of them together (model P600) and I'd say the unit spits out around 55-65 dB, if not more, based on my 20+ years as an audio engineer.

So not only am I extremely disappointed (if not utterly pissed) by your incomprehensible "void" of warranty by simple ownership transfer (that I can very easily circumvent anyways, you'd never know, as I have the original invoice and the seller is actually a super cool dude almost neighbour), but your honesty as a OEM vendor is put to question. You don't even have a clue about your own specs, yet claim a ludicrous 15dB!!! This is absurd!!

It's sad that I had to go out of my way to set the record straight so NO ONE pulls the trigger and buys your product based on that metric. To some this may be a non-issue, but for MANY MANY MANY stealth growers, this is IMPERATIVE information, with the UTMOST SERIOUS IMPLICATIONS as virtually no one has the chance to see the light in action before buying.

I have COMPLETELY lost faith in Platinum LED and will not ever conduct business with them. I'd rather buy direct from China.

Thanks, but no thanks, Platinum LED.

Just to put this in perspective … the guy that I bought this from payed the full 650 dollars + 25% import tax into europe. He had no idea they were sold on Amazon (and no clue why Platinum did NOT inform him and let him buy direct !!!)

Imagine you are looking for a light, a stealth light, and a representative of a company claims "hey, its 15dB woo-hoo whisper silent, yey!" … and you pull the trigger for almost 1k, and end up with a jet engine at home.

How would you like that happen to YOU @PlatinumLEDTom ?

:wall:

Last edited:
Back