Hello AFN! We have just launched our new blog, in which we will be discussing a variety of key topics on grow lighting, grow tips, and general industry information. For our first entry we will discuss white light LEDs and how they can be used most effectively for growing plants. Check it out and let us know what you think.

https://platinumgrowlights.com/blog

Very interesting read Tom, thanks for bringing the article to us!

@PlatinumLEDTom hey man. I'm coming towards the end of my grow but in the last few days my biggest plant is suffering from really bad scorching for the leds. I've positioned it as high as I can and the panels are not pointing directly on the main cola but the side branches are look quite bad. The panels are like 24" away from them and they're getting worse :( any ideas?

@PlatinumLEDTom hey man. I'm coming towards the end of my grow but in the last few days my biggest plant is suffering from really bad scorching for the leds. I've positioned it as high as I can and the panels are not pointing directly on the main cola but the side branches are look quite bad. The panels are like 24" away from them and they're getting worse :( any ideas?
What I do when my plants get too tall is put the panels in the corner of your tent or on a diagonal pointing twords the plants but far enough away to not damage any more

Thanks @Son of Hobbes! We have quite a few topics we will cover. Let me know if you have any suggestions for future blog posts as well!
:vibe:
Let me first start off by saying I'm am not trying to offend you or who ever made the site but the site itself looks really generic and bland I would put some bright colors on it and some scrolling banners or something along those lines

Let me first start off by saying I'm am not trying to offend you or who ever made the site but the site itself looks really generic and bland I would put some bright colors on it and some scrolling banners or something along those lines
Thanks for your feedback @verbalkent412. We might be doing a slight sight redesign in the future. One of 50 other projects i'm working on. I'm always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so your suggestions are appreciated.

Hi @Think..Sorry to hear your tallest plant is starting to get scorched under the panel. I think @verbalkent412 may have the right idea about angling the light at a diagonal, so that it's not too close to the cola. Its funny, I've seen that problem just with the strain Sour Diesel in the past. Other strains seem to do just fine. Hope this helps!

Hi @Think..Sorry to hear your tallest plant is starting to get scorched under the panel. I think @verbalkent412 may have the right idea about angling the light at a diagonal, so that it's not too close to the cola. Its funny, I've seen that problem just with the strain Sour Diesel in the past. Other strains seem to do just fine. Hope this helps!

The top cola is between the panels and is okay it's just the lower colors and getting a beating. It's strange how the other 2 aren't as bad. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the reply Bro

Back