Tom, got a question for ya. Im running a perpetual grow, so my seedlings go under both bloom, and grow switches, cos ive normally got 2 plants mid flower by this point. Have you had anyone do this with your lights? Would there be any adverse side effects? Stunted Plants ect?

Tom, got a question for ya. Im running a perpetual grow, so my seedlings go under both bloom, and grow switches, cos ive normally got 2 plants mid flower by this point. Have you had anyone do this with your lights? Would there be any adverse side effects? Stunted Plants ect?

What up @Ribbzzy . That is a great question. Its my understanding that seedlings need way less intense light and grow much better under the Action spectrum, which is a whiter light. In fact, intense blue or red light can be potentially harmful to the plant at this stage of development. As long as the seedlings are not directly under your P300, the light is a good distance from the seedlings, and has some shade from your other plants in mid flower. They should be alright. Just moniter them closely to make sure there is no stress.

Hope this helps!

Hi, would a p300 make sense in a 2x2x5 grow tent or would it be too much? I want to use the light for seed, veg and flower.

And is it possible to dimm the light? Or to use a light dimmer?

Thank you very much.

It would work great for that space, but you may have to shorten the hanging hardware with picture frame wire. The stock hanging hardware takes up a bunch of usable height space.:thumbsup:

Thank you very much for answering my question. I bought the P150 now and i hope that's enough light for the space i want to grow in.

Hi, would a p300 make sense in a 2x2x5 grow tent or would it be too much? I want to use the light for seed, veg and flower.

And is it possible to dimm the light? Or to use a light dimmer?

Thank you very much.

What's happening @imhotep. You definitely won't be disappointed with the P150. It doesn't have a dimmer, but the VEG and BLOOM switches are designed to give your plant the right spectrum and light intensity when they need it. Just remember to follow the hanging height recommendations. Only run the VEG for seedling and veg development, and switch on the BLOOM and the VEG during pre-flowering and flowering. Please let me know if we can be of any assistance.

Cheers,
Tom

What's going on everyone? Excuse my "newb" status... :biggrin:, but it I am just getting started with my walk. I am so confused on where to go or how to actually get going. I feel like I just threw money into a tornado and it just went anywhere and everywhere! Sooooo... I currently have a 36x36x72 (actual meas.: 35.5x35.5x70) grow tent. I have 3 clip fans, 1 dwc, 6 max yield power pots, buckets, bungee cords, coco coir, ocean forest soil, clay pebbles, so on and so forth... A bit overwhelming with all that I did (90% through amazon). I got super excited when I finally knew this is what I wanted to do after my military retirement. I initially bought a 300w GalaxyHydro LED light source, but I just returned it (after watching a comparison done by Platinum LED). So now I'm trying to figure out what will be the best LED source to cover that size tent without breaking the bank??? I like what I have heard/read from Platinum LED, but their prices are a bit high. I've watched them conduct the comparisons and everything. Just don't want to pay $500+, especially not knowing if I'm putting the right lights in that tent. I'm trying the germination/seeding process right now, so I'd like to have some type of very good and sturdy light source by next week. Of course I don't want to be cheap and screw anything up (though I already screwed up 8 seeds and had to throw them out.. :shrug:). I'll check for another forum to ensure I don't screw up anymore. Seeds in germ status now are: Golden Leaf, Super Silver Haze, White Widow. I would like very good yields of course, with great light absorption and penetration. I see that Platinum checks in from time to time... Well my good peoples, I am all ears. Please help me get to the promise land, so soon I can start to enjoy the fruits of my labor in the next 9-11 weeks.

Thanks,

DS

"I use to be Army Green, now I just want a green thumb along with some nice green"

What's going on everyone? Excuse my "newb" status... :biggrin:, but it I am just getting started with my walk. I am so confused on where to go or how to actually get going. I feel like I just threw money into a tornado and it just went anywhere and everywhere! Sooooo... I currently have a 36x36x72 (actual meas.: 35.5x35.5x70) grow tent. I have 3 clip fans, 1 dwc, 6 max yield power pots, buckets, bungee cords, coco coir, ocean forest soil, clay pebbles, so on and so forth... A bit overwhelming with all that I did (90% through amazon). I got super excited when I finally knew this is what I wanted to do after my military retirement. I initially bought a 300w GalaxyHydro LED light source, but I just returned it (after watching a comparison done by Platinum LED). So now I'm trying to figure out what will be the best LED source to cover that size tent without breaking the bank??? I like what I have heard/read from Platinum LED, but their prices are a bit high. I've watched them conduct the comparisons and everything. Just don't want to pay $500+, especially not knowing if I'm putting the right lights in that tent. I'm trying the germination/seeding process right now, so I'd like to have some type of very good and sturdy light source by next week. Of course I don't want to be cheap and screw anything up (though I already screwed up 8 seeds and had to throw them out.. :shrug:). I'll check for another forum to ensure I don't screw up anymore. Seeds in germ status now are: Golden Leaf, Super Silver Haze, White Widow. I would like very good yields of course, with great light absorption and penetration. I see that Platinum checks in from time to time... Well my good peoples, I am all ears. Please help me get to the promise land, so soon I can start to enjoy the fruits of my labor in the next 9-11 weeks.

Thanks,

DS

"I use to be Army Green, now I just want a green thumb along with some nice green"
Wow, lots of info all at one time. LOL
Let me talk about the light first, since I know the size of your tent. One P300 would get you off to a nice start in a 3x3 tent. I grew four 6 foot tall photo ladies in a 3x3 with one P300. It was my first indoor DWC grow and boy did I underestimate those girls and the power of that light. Here is what they looked like a couple weeks into flower.
Watermarked1(2016-12-16-0347).jpg Watermarked2(2016-12-16-0348).jpg
As you can see four ladies in one tent can get rather crowed and by the end of the grow it was a nightmare of branches and buds flopping everywhere. So depending on your growing style and method you might want to keep your first grow down to an easy two or three plants. But as for the P300 I don't think you could go wrong. Lots more PAR and spectrum than some of those other brands. I now own two of them.

Not sure by your list just what growing medium you were settling on, sounds like you have a little of everything. But settle on one method and get it down pat before you move onto the next. I've done DWC, soil indoor and out, and now have found these wonderful things called autopots which are a dream come true for a lazy grower like myself. But they all have their pros and cons depending on what kind of grower you are. Although, I'm having a hard time finding the cons of these pots. :rofl:

Whichever way you go, start up a journal here and many more experienced growers will jump in and help if you need it.:pass:

Thanks,

DS

Good advice from Hemi. @DarkShadow don't forget to take advantage of the AFN16 coupon code if you decide to move forward with our light. The P300 will be a great fit for that size of tent.

Let us know if we can help you out in any way. AFN also has a solid community of talented growers that will be a great resource for you as you get started. You'll be getting to the dank and stank in no time. :smoking:Happy growing!

:vibe:

Thanks for your replies gentlemen. Have another question: Until I can scratch the money together to get the P300, would using 2 Feit Electric Performance LED lights (38w, 4000lums, 5000K) from HomeDepot and 4 Apollo Horticulture LED grow lights (24w, red/blue led) work? I just got these lights in today. I was thinking to either put the 4 Apollo LED's into a 4 in 1 light bulb socket adapter that has swivels on each socket (so it can twist or angle out) and then place the Feit LED's on the right and left or purchase 6 single bulb socket drops and line the top of the tent with the lights, with the Feit LED's either in the center or one on each end.

Not sure if mixing lights like that is a good idea??? In my head and in theory, either set up sounds like it would work just fine... Or, should I ditch the Feit LED's and get an all blue led grow light and put that in the middle during the veg and then by an all red for the bloom (just in case I still haven't gotten the P300 yet. The setup will not be pulling a lot of power, so I won't burn the house down nor fry my fuse panel. I'll have them on timers. And it will produce roughly about 16,000lums and possibly 85 - 90 total watts (w/ the Feit LED; not sure with the all blue or red led) from the wall, give or take (I don't have a spec meter or a PAR detector at my leisure to check the specifics). Was thinking this will get me going, but again, I'm new and full of so much excitement where I could go run a 5k right now and not bust a sweat. LOL Just super geek'd about growing this Garden of Weedin. If all this is to much, then please help me slow my roll.

Platinum... What's the soonest I could receive a P300 from you to SA TX? Also, I see that the AFN code can not be used through Amazon, why? The sell is still through you guys. Do you have a code that can be used through Amazon? I can get the product shipped from them a lot faster since I am a prime member.

Again, thanks!

DS

Back