@briman, @pop22 @Son of Hobbes

You guys know me, sorry if I'm out of line here, but I am seriously in shock at all this. Just imagining being *that* guy .. because I AM THAT GUY … that specifically needs low noise, asking a direct and specific question to the vendor… and hearing absolute crock in return…

:redcard:

@briman, @pop22 @Son of Hobbes

You guys know me, sorry if I'm out of line here, but I am seriously in shock at all this. Just imagining being *that* guy .. because I AM THAT GUY … that specifically needs low noise, asking a direct and specific question to the vendor… and hearing absolute crock in return…

:redcard:

Meh, I don't blame you there. I sold me P9-XML2 because it was way too loud and did not perform as described. I've moved to white light full spectrum cobs without fans.

Edit: also burned out 8 boards in the first 3 months of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm curious now to see their response . I have a p900 and it is super loud too.
But I can live with it. Only thing that pisses me off is the spectrum skews too much visual analysis of the plants.

I'm curious now to see their response . I have a p900 and it is super loud too.
But I can live with it. Only thing that pisses me off is the spectrum skews too much visual analysis of the plants.

On the contrary my friend, clearly you're new to LEDs :pass:

… yes, it does look pinky bluerple and weird, but you'll soon notice that you go in (especially in flower magenta / mega pink mode) and see horrible things on your leaves, be it deficiency or toxicity … you look and go "eeeew, dammmit… cal mag boost needed? N deficiency? what is that? and leafs all bloody yellow, or with spots and stuff?? uuug!!"

But then you turn off the pink and light a white light, and you can't see anything! Like magic or something. All is nice and green… only upon very close inspection you see some very slightly dis-coloration. Had you not had the LED you would never have thought to inspect so close, and when the problem is evident, the fix is also much harder.

I fell in love with LED's because of that. I can spot a problems miles away and am able to fix it before it actually causes a major problem.

on another note, just so people don't think I'm taking the piss at Platinum… iphone 4s, 1m from the light. Granted, not the most parametrically accurate device, but not too shabby either… and we're not exactly being anal here

l7L3auV.jpg

15dB … right… :face:

I'll just leave this here…

G6xAL22.png

Last edited:
What's up @Groff. I apologize for not getting back to you until now, i've been at a trade show in Seattle all week and didn't get back till late last night.

I'm really sorry that the fan noise on your P600. It was absolutely not my intention to deceive you. The 15db reading that I sent you was actually from one of the Admins on AFN that he took under his P300. I hadn't tested the sound off the panels myself when I sent you that image. I did download an app to my phone and tested 3 P1200s we were running at that show and the reading was around the 55-60db range. That does include a lot of background noise, people talking in the background, etc... I also tested my P150 this morning with the app i downloaded and got a reading of 51.4db.

Again I apologize that the fans are too noisy for your stealth operation. I know you'll get some great results out of the panels in regards to your grow.

In regards to the warranty, breaking that seal no longer voids the warranty. If any of our customers have any issues with the panels, we like to give the customer permission to open up the unit and see if we can troubleshoot whatever the issue may be without having to send the unit back. We give them permission to do this without voiding the warranty.

One of the benefits of purchasing the panels directly from us or amazon is that it comes with the warranty. We do not know the condition of the units that are sold used, and that's why the warranty in not transferable. Again, if you have any issues with the panel, we are happy to work with you on troubleshooting any problems and will even send you replacement parts if needed.

Groff I only wish you happy and healthy plants and best of luck with your grow. I completely understand your frustration with the noise problem. If it sounds like one of the fans in not working right or unusually loud, i'm happy to send you a replacement fan as well.

Best,

Tom

… yes, it does look pinky bluerple and weird, but you'll soon notice that you go in (especially in flower magenta / mega pink mode) and see horrible things on your leaves, be it deficiency or toxicity … you look and go "eeeew, dammmit… cal mag boost needed? N deficiency? what is that? and leafs all bloody yellow, or with spots and stuff?? uuug!!"

But then you turn off the pink and light a white light, and you can't see anything! Like magic or something. All is nice and green… only upon very close inspection you see some very slightly dis-coloration. Had you not had the LED you would never have thought to inspect so close, and when the problem is evident, the fix is also much harder.

I fell in love with LED's because of that. I can spot a problems miles away and am able to fix it before it actually causes a major problem.

bullz eye man!!!
Exactly, everything looks like it's about to die, then you turn it off and light a white light and bam, all good.
It's just too much of a reality shock then I guess.
It's disappointing to think the garden is off track even with the slightest modifications.
I can't count how many times I deleafed the plants because they looked sick AF, only to find out they were fine when walking out of the room into normal light.
Gotta get used to it.

on another note, just so people don't think I'm taking the piss at Platinum… iphone 4s, 1m from the light. Granted, not the most parametrically accurate device, but not too shabby either… and we're not exactly being anal here

l7L3auV.jpg

15dB … right… :face:

I'll just leave this here…

G6xAL22.png

when do you use the xxl light in the
  • P9-XML2
Hi @xcardplayer. You can use the XML light is good if you use it by itself during seed and clone development. You can use it with the VEG switch throughout the vegative cycle. You can also run all three switches during flowering (VEG, BLOOM, and XML). More photons hitting the plant canopy the better.

Hi @xcardplayer. You can use the XML light is good if you use it by itself during seed and clone development. You can use it with the VEG switch throughout the vegative cycle. You can also run all three switches during flowering (VEG, BLOOM, and XML). More photons hitting the plant canopy the better.

I understand, what is the intended use? When is the ideal time to use it. When do you recomend useing it?

Threw veg the whole time?
Threw flower the whole time?

when do you take out of seeding and switch to veg?

Last edited:
Back