Outdoor Outdoor growing in northern europe

I really think a fan helps a lot for that. They do seem to want to be stretchy with our northern sun...I'm "using more fan" this year and also now have natural cross ventilation in the grow area (on the nice days)and they seem to like it. They're still not like plants started under lights but they seem to have a bit closer node spacing.

Those seedlings are coming along nicely already dude. When do you think you will be putting them outside? I'm guessing the weather is still a bit cool right now for you, as I have just checked the weather for Helsinki and it says the low is -3C tonight and there is snow forecast! :yoinks: And I thought my climate at lat 51 was a chilly one.

Saying that, it is warm enough here in the south of England to grow Canary Island date palms. Today is only 15C here with a low of 6C, but we have had 26C last weekend. It's warm enough to put plants outside, and I put some out in February last year which survived fine... but obviously 60N in Finland is a whole different ball game. I'm guessing you have to wait until mid May just like a lot of the Canadian growers? All the best though!

I really think a fan helps a lot for that. They do seem to want to be stretchy with our northern sun...I'm "using more fan" this year and also now have natural cross ventilation in the grow area (on the nice days)and they seem to like it. They're still not like plants started under lights but they seem to have a bit closer node spacing.

Yeah, tomorrow i will buy a fan n hope it helps.

Those seedlings are coming along nicely already dude. When do you think you will be putting them outside? I'm guessing the weather is still a bit cool right now for you, as I have just checked the weather for Helsinki and it says the low is -3C tonight and there is snow forecast! :yoinks: And I thought my climate at lat 51 was a chilly one.

Saying that, it is warm enough here in the south of England to grow Canary Island date palms. Today is only 15C here with a low of 6C, but we have had 26C last weekend. It's warm enough to put plants outside, and I put some out in February last year which survived fine... but obviously 60N in Finland is a whole different ball game. I'm guessing you have to wait until mid May just like a lot of the Canadian growers? All the best though!

Normally i would start growing like u said mid may n put to outdoors late may or early june, but these have to be ready in midsummer, so i had to start before.
I can only hope that they r ready then :smokeit:

My friend gave me some old seeds.
On the bag was writing: "Finland-Denmark, big one". I hope i can get even one girl of these :growing:
This strain start flowering with 18/6 light.

Attachments

• IMG_4606.JPG
    IMG_4606.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 95
IMG_4614.JPG

Some cracks but no tails...that was a story of those old seeds. :crying:

But here is some nice things happening too. When i went home today, there was some lr#2 seeds waiting for me in my mailbox n after i got a message, that tomorrow post will deliver more seeds from spain. :frog:

@Maria Sanchez
Cream mandarin xl is great strain, but last year they got more mold than big devil xl.
When i had both in my tent, buds of cream mandarin xl was more dense n flavour was pure happines.
Im sure that u will enjoy with cm xl :jointman:

Last edited:
Back