Outdoor outdoor grow in ireland

a few pics, day 32. this is the lr2 that stayed at home with me.she is bushing out nicely. hopefully will get out to see the other girls next week , hope they are doing as well as this cutie. have had a really bad summer weatherwise so far, overcast, windy and wet. i'm amazed at how well this little lady is doing. gave it a half dose of nutes last week and she loved it. noticed some unwelcome visitors on my tomatoes and courgettes so everything is getting a spray of neem oil tonight. this will be the second time ive used it on the lr2, shes still looking clean. will post some pics of her country cousins next week:peace: 29062011127.jpg29062011128.jpg29062011129.jpg

lookin good boomer :thumbs: I look forward to pics of the cousins :D

in a small bit of trouble here, the new growth on one branch only has a kind of rusty mush on it. the leaves are a little bit deformed and ive also noticed the bigger fan leaves near that bud have tiny pin prick holes on them. ive been through the plant with a fine tooth comb and cant find any signs of it anywhere else, also cant find any pests that might be doing it. i tried taking photos but cant seem to focus in properly. also noticed that all the new growth is a very bright green. ive used neem oil 3 times in the last 3 weeks and have also been giving it a dutch bloom fertilizer once a week for the last 3 weeks. the weather here has been desperate so i have been bringing her in a lot and putting it under 2x 24w cfls. any ideas as to whats eating the plant or why the change in colour? any help gladly appreciatedSNV31398.jpgSNV31400.jpgSNV31399.jpgSNV31401.jpgSNV31402.jpgthe last picture is a birds eye view to show the difference in colour

^^^^ just been out to check again and there is rust spots forming on some new growth around other buds. dunno whats going on, could it be a defficiency of some sort?:help:

Obviously, you did the best you could but, we can't tell much from the pics. Until someone comes by who can offer more assistance, I suggest clicking the link on my signature. You will see a lot of images showing plant deficiencies and issues. You may be able to match one of the images to your plant. If so, the diagnosis and solution to the problem will be there next to the image.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :peace:

thanks joe, ive been through the list about a hundred times already today. i'm pretty sure the lightning of colour is because of temp. extremes the pin holes and rusty areas i'm not sure of, possibly sulphur or boron defficiency. ive only been using rainwater and a light dose of bloom fert up to now. will try and get better pics . thanks again

7 weeks old today, the previous problem with rust spots seems to have cleared itself up. my life philosophy of " ignore it and it will go away" seems to have worked this time:D pity it dosent work with the bills.a couple the stems are reddening slightly but thanks to hitman i think i'm on my way to sorting that too. the growing buds are starting to sugar up a bit now, not expecting a lot and am still just happy to be looking at live plants. rain rain and more rain, coldest june in 40 years. was up to my other garden where the other lr2s and my special kush photos are, forgot a camera but i would say the lr2s are about 2 weeks behind this one even though they all popped same day. anyway here are some really bad quality pics........15072011143.jpg15072011145.jpg16072011146.jpg

The deformed leaves are from lack of boron. Ironically enough the rust spots need to be fixed with rust...lack of iron I believe. The light green is nitrogen. We already addressed the phosphorus issue..Did you ever use the horse manure? Got one better for you. rabbit shit and chicken shit are very very high nitrogen. Get you some nails put them in 1 cup of water and let them set over night. Use the rusty water in your fertilizer....do they have fleas in Ireland? Typically fleas do that to tobacco here. I use orthene 97 it will work on other stuff two just stop treatment early. Looks like they're coming along very well. One thing I might mention..for tobacco we use water soluble 20-9-20. Its too late to use it on your current grow but with your lack of sun it will really help if you can get your hands on it. Keep up the good work and ill check back.

Ps for your situation blueberry strains should do well..romulan and timewarp for photos..look around and see what other strains originate in the pacific northwest and around Vancouver Canada and I believe you will really excel in your grows..that's just my opinion of course.

Here in the midwest U.S., we have available, cocoa husks/hulls in 40 lb bags. Get them a local garden stores. Their sharp edges are effective against slugs and snails. If you can find them, give them a try. You have to be careful with your canines though as they can be attracted to the cocoa scent.

McHoop

Back