Pot design techniques for water retention in low rain guerrilla grow?

Maria-

Is growing in the ground out of the question? Since you were over on my thread about the holes I’m digging for next season. If it is, and you are pretty certain you’re going to have minimal rainfall, what about digging larger holes and lining them with plastic to prevent water loss? This would allow you the lower soil temps to help slow water loss in your growing soil. Dig them deep enough that the surface of you soil is 4”-6” below the grade of the ground so you have a depression to gather water during rains and enough room to add a thick layer of mulch to retain water without making it noticeable. Since you mentioned it’s guerilla style. If there’s any slope, build a slight berm to channel water into your holes when it does rain.

I totally agree on the water retaining crystals! They’re inexpensive and light so you should be able to have them shipped to you without great expense; no matter where you live.

You’ve got some awesome guys, with way more knowledge than me, helping you. Their advice is ‘golden;’ but I figured I’d throw in my own

Hmmm.... growing in the ground...
The more I check sites, the more I see that they are old paddy fields.
These are now maybe 1'-2' deep in water, and will still be like that when I plant out.
So, that's impossible.
The other places... too out in the open to be digging around...
It's an area which used to be rice farming land, I guess, but now has lots of new condos getting built.
So there can be a lot of construction workers around, and some residents.
It's poorly lit at night, for the most part, so that is some cover.
But ... I think digging around at night, if someone came over ... um, not good for security...

Maybe I should order water crystals online... some powdered nutes, too....

well...that sucks... but, if there is a will...there is a way!...lol

@Padawan1972 for the win!!!!
YES!!!!

Brilliant. Now that you mention this, I think I've seen it before.
Diapers I can definitely find. Just a pack for 18+ months babies should be perfect.

This will go a long, long way to solving the drying out problem.

Thank you!!!!!!!

those reeds sound like good camo material as well

I thought so at first, too.
Except now I suspect that they grow in standing water, maybe 1'-2' deep...
I kind of want to wade on in, but it looks a bit murky and dangerous in there... :p

far out! diapers to the rescue. Probably find these almost anywhere, a staple in every village in AK

Yeah, easy to find, and look quite suitable for my needs.

Back