IMAG0245.jpg
IMAG0246.jpg
one of last year's

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Count me in!!! I'm not really competing for much since this will be my first outdoor grow.. Going for the Samsarra Ultraviolets.. I'll be popping 3 of them in about 2-3 weeks, so I can count on a lack of frost.. Can't really move much outside here until after Memorial Day (late May), so I hope that doesn't mess up anything for the timeline..

Count me in!!! I'm not really competing for much since this will be my first outdoor grow.. Going for the Samsarra Ultraviolets.. I'll be popping 3 of them in about 2-3 weeks, so I can count on a lack of frost.. Can't really move much outside here until after Memorial Day (late May), so I hope that doesn't mess up anything for the timeline..

Same here....I cant put them out until near the end of may...even then I will see some frost. Good luck man, I will add you to the photoperiod list(unless those are autos?)

Very interesting I am in I can manage a few pics every 14 days. Think I will try a congo from ace seeds for my photoperiod and a automazar for autoflower.

Just one question me living where I do I bring indoors at night and sometimes on cloudy days under a 600mh. Until flowering then exclusively outdoors.is that allowed.
Your Host for this Outdoor Auto Photo Grow Battle under the Sun 2017 is @912GreenSkell :d5:

Starting May 2017

Autoflower and Photoperiod Outdoor Grow Battle under the Sun 2017

Welcome to the Annual Autoflower and Photoperiod Outdoor Battle of the Year 2017, where grow gladiators will battle it out using the most powerful grow light in existence, the SUN!! There will be no limitations on start time, strain choice or style of growing. This battle will host both photo period and autoflowering plants. Below is the rules so please read carefully, and prepare to bask your plants in ample sunlight, and battle for victory!! Everything should not be about size, so voting will be based on a live single cola/bud and also on a dried bud pic. Rest assured there will be lots of full plant pics in the thread though!!

Rules:

1 - Gladiators must have a 50 post count on AFN, and be members of this site for at least 30 days.

2 - On entry Gladiators must choose one plant from their chosen strain, from either a photoperiod strain, or an autoflower strain, or one of each auto and photo plants. Gladiators may post their entry on any plant less than 30 days old(to give a bit of selection to avoid runts) Once the entry is registered, plant selection must remain the same. Self nominations only allowed.

3 - Pics of the plant entry must be posted at least every 14 days. Far south growers(that already have their plants growing), must post a pic every 14 days from seed birth to current date when entering.

4 - Voting for the autoflower strains will start on August 15th, voting for the photoperiod strains will start on November the 15th. Might be extended if needed for late flowering varieties.

5 - Autoflower plant entries must be fully automatic flowering plants. Semi-automatic plants will be considered photoperiod plants. Plants that show no preflower by 50 days will be considered photoperiod plants.

6 - No start date restrictions, except the entry plant must be started on January 1st 2017 or later.

7 - Autoflowering plants must live at least half its life outdoors, so no keeping under lights for 50 days and going outdoors for 20. Hybrid indoor/outdoor grows are allowed.

8 - There will be a 2 section poll, one for photoperiod strains and one for autoflower strains.

9 - This will be a multivote system where voters can vote twice for autoflowers, and twice for photoperiod plants.

10 - Voting will be based on 2 pics. One pic will live single cola/bud pic, and the second will be a dried pic. No full plant overview pics for the final vote.

11 - Greenhouse plants will be allowed fo sure. The only thing that matters, is that the Sun is the primary source of lighting for the majority of the plants life.

12 - In the event of males or hermaphrodites, participants may choose a different plant than the plant that was initially declared as their entry.

13 - Have fun, and grow some crystal caked beauties!

Prizes

There will be some great seed prizes for not just the grand winner....but for the top 3 winners of each category!!

Photoperiod Winners!

1st Place
will receive 2 breeders packs of early finishing varieties - varieties TBA

2nd Place will reveive 5 photoperiod seeds from 912GreenSkell's personal collection, I will work with winner for varieties the winner will want to try. Mostly Bomb, Dinafem, Dutch Passion.

3rd place will receive 3 photoperiod seeds from discretepete2676 ' s personal collection. Thanks to discretepete for generously offering to cover third prize.

Autoflower Winners!

1st Place
will receive 2 breeders packs of autoflowering varieties - varieties TBA

2nd Place will reveive 5 autoflower seeds from 912GreenSkell's personal collection, I will work with winner for varieties they want to try. Mostly Bomb, Dinafem, Dutch Passion.

3rd place will receive 3 photoperiod seeds from discretepete2676 ' s personal collection. Thanks to discretepete for generously offering to cover third prize.

There will also be a participants badge, as well as badges for the winning circle.

Here is the list of entries so far:

Autos
912GreenSkell ?? variety
Trailanimal ?? variety
blowyourmind ?? variety
dafthandler ?? variety
Benjamin Squier ?? variety
Dr. Babnik - White Gem

Photoperiod
DankStyle J Cannarado Skelly OG (Legend OG X Pacific Northwest Hashplant)
912GreenSkell Dutch Passion Think Fast (Think Different X Power Plant)
Dr. Babnik El Fugo Del Shia X Orange Assault

"carpe diem"

Very interesting I am in I can manage a few pics every 14 days. Think I will try a congo from ace seeds for my photoperiod and a automazar for autoflower.

Just one question me living where I do I bring indoors at night and sometimes on cloudy days under a 600mh. Until flowering then exclusively outdoors.is that allowed.

"carpe diem"

Great, glad you can make it bud! Yes absolutely...as long as the plant spends more than half its life under the sun, it is allowed. Hybrid indoor outdoor and grows under glass greenhouses are allowed. I totally understand the need to grow under lights for a month or two while the weather heats up(2 months indoor 4 months outdoor for my photoperiod plants). Will add ace congo and automazar to the list. Thanks and good luck!!

Great, glad you can make it bud! Yes absolutely...as long as the plant spends more than half its life under the sun, it is allowed. Hybrid indoor outdoor and grows under glass greenhouses are allowed. I totally understand the need to grow under lights for a month or two while the weather heats up(2 months indoor 4 months outdoor for my photoperiod plants). Will add ace congo and automazar to the list. Thanks and good luck!!
Thanks

"carpe diem"

Back