I'm down I'm not sure if I meet the post requirement but tha shiznit will be my strain auto if I meet the requirements count me in
Well you can get enough posts in before you entet just visit luve stoners and chat it up. Btw a member since 2015 and not even 50 posts? Lol just kidding would love for you to enter. The more the merrier .
Get to posting you have a good bit of time

"carpe diem"

Yep . I'll be in on this one .:thumbsup:
3587623-australian-flag-and-cartoon-koala.jpg

Your Host for this Outdoor Auto Photo Grow Battle under the Sun 2017 is @912GreenSkell :d5:
Starting May 2017
Autoflower and Photoperiod Outdoor Grow Battle under the Sun 2017

Welcome to the Annual Autoflower and Photoperiod Outdoor Battle of the Year 2017, where grow gladiators will battle it out using the most powerful grow light in existence, the SUN!! There will be no limitations on start time, strain choice or style of growing. This battle will host both photo period and autoflowering plants. Below is the rules so please read carefully, and prepare to bask your plants in ample sunlight, and battle for victory!! Everything should not be about size, so voting will be based on a live single cola/bud and also on a dried bud pic. Rest assured there will be lots of full plant pics in the thread though!!

Hey there @Mossy and @912GreenSkell
You know I'm up for this!! Both Photo and Autos, yeah!!!

Rules:

1 - Gladiators must have a 50 post count on AFN, and be members of this site for at least 30 days.
2 - On entry Gladiators must choose one plant from their chosen strain, from either a photoperiod strain, or an autoflower strain, or one of each auto and photo plants. Gladiators may post their entry on any plant less than 30 days old(to give a bit of selection to avoid runts) Once the entry is registered, plant selection must remain the same. Self nominations only allowed.
3 - Pics of the plant entry must be posted at least every 14 days. Far south growers(that already have their plants growing), must post a pic every 14 days from seed birth to current date when entering.
4 - Voting for the autoflower strains will start on August 15th, voting for the photoperiod strains will start on November the 15th. Might be extended if needed for late flowering varieties.
5 - Autoflower plant entries must be fully automatic flowering plants. Semi-automatic plants will be considered photoperiod plants. Plants that show no preflower by 50 days will be considered photoperiod plants.
6 - No start date restrictions, except the entry plant must be started on January 1st 2017 or later.
7 - Autoflowering plants must live at least half its life outdoors, so no keeping under lights for 50 days and going outdoors for 20. Hybrid indoor/outdoor grows are allowed.
8 - There will be a 2 section poll, one for photoperiod strains and one for autoflower strains.
9 - This will be a multivote system where voters can vote twice for autoflowers, and twice for photoperiod plants.
10 - Voting will be based on 2 pics. One pic will live single cola/bud pic, and the second will be a dried pic. No full plant overview pics for the final vote.
11 - Greenhouse plants will be allowed fo sure. The only thing that matters, is that the Sun is the primary source of lighting for the majority of the plants life.
12 - In the event of males or hermaphrodites, participants may choose a different plant than the plant that was initially declared as their entry.
13 - Have fun, and grow some crystal caked beauties!

Is just posting here considered "entry"?
Count me in for the Autos and the Photos.

My photo grow will be one of my Mandala Safaris, but haven't decided which one yet.
They're 23 days old today. Will decide on day 30 which one it shall be.
It may just be this one, though, who is showing a little purple at the center:
20170404 Mandala + Top Tao (1).jpg
20170404 Mandala + Top Tao (2).jpg

The auto grow will be one of the ones that's just popped ground today.
20170404 Autos (7) DP Mz.jpg

Will also decide on day 30 which one, haha.

Prizes

There will be some great seed prizes for not just the grand winner....but for the top 3 winners of each category!!

Photoperiod Winners!
1st Place
will receive 2 breeders packs of early finishing varieties - varieties TBA
2nd Place will reveive 5 photoperiod seeds from 912GreenSkell's personal collection, I will work with winner for varieties the winner will want to try. Mostly Bomb, Dinafem, Dutch Passion.
3rd place will receive 3 photoperiod seeds from discretepete2676 ' s personal collection. Thanks to discretepete for generously offering to cover third prize.

Autoflower Winners!
1st Place
will receive 2 breeders packs of autoflowering varieties - varieties TBA
2nd Place will reveive 5 autoflower seeds from 912GreenSkell's personal collection, I will work with winner for varieties they want to try. Mostly Bomb, Dinafem, Dutch Passion.
3rd place will receive 3 photoperiod seeds from discretepete2676 ' s personal collection. Thanks to discretepete for generously offering to cover third prize.

There will also be a participants badge, as well as badges for the winning circle.

Oh, yeah!! Breeders packs, now that's cool.
Though any of these sounds awesome, thanks AFN crew!

Here is the list of entries so far:

Autos
912GreenSkell - ?? variety
Trailanimal - ?? variety
blowyourmind - ?? variety
dafthandler - ?? variety
Benjamin Squier - ?? variety
Dr. Babnik - White Gem
islandgrower - Dutch Passion Automazar

Photoperiod
DankStyle - J Cannarado Skelly OG (Legend OG X Pacific Northwest Hashplant)
912GreenSkell - Dutch Passion Think Fast (Think Different X Power Plant)
Dr. Babnik - El Fugo Del Shia X Orange Assault
islandgrower - ace seeds congo
buzzyman 32 - ?? variety
GodAmJt - Samsarra Ultraviolet

Oh, my.... I'll just play to make up the numbers, shall I?
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
My only hope is to grow a single perfect cola!!!

Do we just do our 14 day update photos in this thread here?

Well you can get enough posts in before you entet just visit luve stoners and chat it up. Btw a member since 2015 and not even 50 posts? Lol just kidding would love for you to enter. The more the merrier .
Get to posting you have a good bit of time

"carpe diem"

@Haystackstang - yep islandgrower hit the nail on the head! Get out there and do some posting..should be easy to rack up 50 on live stoners!

Yep . I'll be in on this one .:thumbsup:
3587623-australian-flag-and-cartoon-koala.jpg

Right on bud!! I knew I could count on you to join man!

Hey there @Mossy and @912GreenSkell
You know I'm up for this!! Both Photo and Autos, yeah!!!

Is just posting here considered "entry"?
Count me in for the Autos and the Photos.

My photo grow will be one of my Mandala Safaris, but haven't decided which one yet.
They're 23 days old today. Will decide on day 30 which one it shall be.
It may just be this one, though, who is showing a little purple at the center:
View attachment 727773 View attachment 727774

The auto grow will be one of the ones that's just popped ground today.
View attachment 727775
Will also decide on day 30 which one, haha.

Oh, yeah!! Breeders packs, now that's cool.
Though any of these sounds awesome, thanks AFN crew!

Oh, my.... I'll just play to make up the numbers, shall I?
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!
My only hope is to grow a single perfect cola!!!

Do we just do our 14 day update photos in this thread here?

Hey maria...great!! Yeah you got it...this thread will be the place for posted entries. Feel free to post you 14 day updates wherever you are ready. I will put you on the list with mandala safari as the photo and ?? Variety as your auto choice and then you can update when you are ready! Thanks for joining and good luck!! Loving the purple tinge on the safari so far!!

I'm in for sure! Auto strain will likely be Glueberry OG but I haven't decided on my photo strain just yet. I have nearly 30 different strains and indecision is getting the best me! :shrug:

Im in for sure ill wait to register my plant tho thanks for the tag!

Smart move!! Waiting until the last second to make the attack is a sound plan!! I am likely to do the same with the auto crew. Last years result from the DP Think Fast made my photo choice fairly easy!!

DP Think Fast:
IMG_4362640.jpg

I'm in for sure! Auto strain will likely be Glueberry OG but I haven't decided on my photo strain just yet. I have nearly 30 different strains and indecision is getting the best me! :shrug:

Excellent!! Wow 30 strains! Nice! A damn tough choice no doubt!! Will be great to see a gluberry in this! I am also running a gluberry this season and a few other DP strains.

Excellent!! Wow 30 strains! Nice! A damn tough choice no doubt!! Will be great to see a gluberry in this! I am also running a gluberry this season and a few other DP strains.

Awesome! I've never grown anything by Dutch Passion but I'm excited to finally give them a shot! I can hardly wait to see what and how everyone grows! I'm always looking to expand my knowledge with growing and hope to contribute as much in return. Happy to be here with you folks!
:toke:

Awesome! I've never grown anything by Dutch Passion but I'm excited to finally give them a shot! I can hardly wait to see what and how everyone grows! I'm always looking to expand my knowledge with growing and hope to contribute as much in return. Happy to be here with you folks!
:toke:

Hey great to meet you bud!! Anyone that is growing 30 different strains is certainly a friend of mine!! And folks think I am nuts for growing a single plant of 18 different strains(8 photo and 10 auto this year). I am sure you will be happy with the passion! They have treated me very well in both photo and auto form. This year I am doing some dutch passion, some dinafem, some bomb seeds and some sweet seeds, as well as a couple of autos from the autoflower portal.

Back