Mephisto Genetics Orange Crack (freebie)

new plant dont need a lota light,focus on the big un the lil ones will get enough.height i duno sorry.
IMG_2949.JPG
just done this a couple of hours ago.ive had seed fails in the past,not that many though.its when they grow up things dont go to plan for me.
il let you know what happens.
goodluck
:pighug:

ok
new plant dont need a lota light,focus on the big un the lil ones will get enough.height i duno sorry.
View attachment 682316
just done this a couple of hours ago.ive had seed fails in the past,not that many though.its when they grow up things dont go to plan for me.
goodluck
thanks for the help, i appreciate it!
I have my final OC doing a 12 hour soak like was suggested.
I have 10 tyrone special so im germinating one in a papertowel
I'm also germinating a toof decay and menage a tyrone which was a freebie.
I figure if i get them germinating now, they should be ready for me to plant them when the stuff arrives and i am all set up :)

Lights at same height will be fine initially.
thanks for the advice! it is appreciated.
Hey @witchyhour you got the same lights,any advice as to what height they should be at ? Cheers
thanks for knowing who has the same lights, hopefully @witchyhour gets back to us.

I got the tent and light set up and everything but the carbon filter. for now im going to just go without the carbon filter since im in too much pain from taking the time to set up the tent. I will say that this tent makes much more sense to set up than the other did, it even came with good instructions which surprised me. Both the mars hydro 300 & 600 are at the same height, i think the 600 and the 300 fit the space perfectly, I'm probably going to just keep the lights at the same height for a while now until i get the right info. I'm hoping the new set up helps my double grape grow well, i have yet to get the other 3 air pots together for my other seeds im growing (the menage a tyrone, tyrone special and toof decay). I do have the air pot ready for the orange crack and ive got my fingers crossed it is going to all work this time. :vibes:

Hey @witchyhour you got the same lights,any advice as to what height they should be at ? Cheers
Ok, as a Mars Planetarium owner, here are my two cents...

1) definitely the most price-friendly led's that will do the job;

2) they're very hot, make sure you have plenty of ventilation and cool air around;

3) they're very strong and will bleach your plants if not done right!

Recommendations:

- use the same lights throughout the grow, mine tend to be unhappy when I switch lights on them, although adding side lights as they bloom seems ok;

- start at about 2 feet away and work your way down, always looking for signs after 12 hours;

- once you've found your veg sweet spot, leave them there and wait for the youngsters to grow into the lights, at which point you do a combination of bending branches (very carefully) away from the lights and moving the lights up.

Good luck! [emoji2] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
thanks for the advice! it is appreciated.

thanks for knowing who has the same lights, hopefully @witchyhour gets back to us.

I got the tent and light set up and everything but the carbon filter. for now im going to just go without the carbon filter since im in too much pain from taking the time to set up the tent. I will say that this tent makes much more sense to set up than the other did, it even came with good instructions which surprised me. Both the mars hydro 300 & 600 are at the same height, i think the 600 and the 300 fit the space perfectly, I'm probably going to just keep the lights at the same height for a while now until i get the right info. I'm hoping the new set up helps my double grape grow well, i have yet to get the other 3 air pots together for my other seeds im growing (the menage a tyrone, tyrone special and toof decay). I do have the air pot ready for the orange crack and ive got my fingers crossed it is going to all work this time. :vibes:
Oh, and I placed the Mars300's on the back of the tent and the Mars600's on the front. That way, the hotter lights are closer to the opening of the tent.

Above all, learn your plants! [emoji121] Talk with them, watch them closely, and they'll tell you what they need and want...then watch out, because the little b*tches will become more and more demanding! [emoji13] [emoji16] [emoji28] [emoji23]

View attachment 682316
goodluck
Agreed! The babies mostly just sit there and coo, no biggie. It's the big ladies who'll take over your every waking moment, with crazy AND unreasonable demands! [emoji102] LOL

i may hve to try that method

the taproot (tail) had popped, but 2 days after the taproot popped it turned from white to brown and shrunken just like a dead root. This one im still watching in hopes its just my own interpritation but im thinking the strain is not one for my style of growing.
Right now its promix with nnothing in it, but i guess i could always water it down adn add more but not sure what that would do?

awesome news to hear, i might have to put away my small tent and put both lights in the big one to give it more light, but we will see what happens as time goes on. C99 is a nice strain to smoke :).

thanks for the suggestions, it seems like soaking (or wetting the medium) is the method people use on tempermental seeds.

i just hope its something im doing, because im about to just pop 2 seeds and put a different seed in that medium to see if it grows, and if it does just hold off on the OC for a week till the new set up is completed, i guess we will see what i end up doing.
I put the seeds inside these plugs and into a bowl with tap water, the chlorine (I was told and thought it made sense) helps with any bacteria that might be around the dry seed so it doesn't proliferate.

50d5b6b50d04e9f6fb29fd887f1f58b2.jpg

Place it in a warmer place, it helps with germination. Not hot, warm. [emoji106] [emoji2]

oh I broke down ordered an apollo horticulture 48"x 24"x 60" tent and a mars hydro 600. that was all of my christmas money and every sent I have. I want this to work out so badly plus I want to do more than 2 plants, I'll find room for it somewhere
This was my Christmas gift to myself...

cbf45ff2458dcb8b72a888a53ef1632a.jpg
37c7f4a8914a3a0b4e737be384e82b61.jpg
a2f5dda65bf3d3b42dacac97551da37c.jpg
8644db9b0889b719e80a30457fffc4a3.jpg

Back