Mephisto Genetics Orange Crack (freebie)

I was asking a friend what could have caused it and they said it might be the batch got harvested too early.

nice to hear your OC popped up yesterday!

I got my black friday seeds finally.
AvT (got 4)
3 bears og (got 8)
toofless alien f2 (got 8)
24 carat (got 4)
skywalker (got 4)
fantasmo express (got 4)
mystery mix (got 10 of them)
white crack (freebie, got 12 of them!!! :smoking:)
so 54 seeds for the price of 11 seeds. WHAT A DEAL! 4.9 times as many seeds as I paid for!:drool:

My collection also has
toofless alien x tyrone stomper (freebie, got 5 of them)
tyrone special (8)
double grape (10)
menage a tyrone (2)
toof decay (3)
grape crinkle (4)
skyrone stomper (4)
an additional 36
so my total is 90 seeds..... i think im good for a long while :) i just can't stop collecting them!
Wow that's a good collection you got some good ones well their all good I just got ones I want to try first.
@mephisto you hooked me up big time! Thanks!!!

I am going to plant my tyrone special tonight or tomorrow but have room for one more plant i think, who wants to pick from that list. I can't decide, but maybe a white crack. but maybe just a fast finisher, im not sure. i want something sweet and sativa so maybe fantasmo express
I was asking a friend what could have caused it and they said it might be the batch got harvested too early.

nice to hear your OC popped up yesterday!

I got my black friday seeds finally.
AvT (got 4)
3 bears og (got 8)
toofless alien f2 (got 8)
24 carat (got 4)
skywalker (got 4)
fantasmo express (got 4)
mystery mix (got 10 of them)
white crack (freebie, got 12 of them!!! :smoking:)
so 54 seeds for the price of 11 seeds. WHAT A DEAL! 4.9 times as many seeds as I paid for!:drool:

My collection also has
toofless alien x tyrone stomper (freebie, got 5 of them)
tyrone special (8)
double grape (10)
menage a tyrone (2)
toof decay (3)
grape crinkle (4)
skyrone stomper (4)
an additional 36
so my total is 90 seeds..... i think im good for a long while :) i just can't stop collecting them!

@mephisto you hooked me up big time! Thanks!!!

I am going to plant my tyrone special tonight or tomorrow but have room for one more plant i think, who wants to pick from that list. I can't decide, but maybe a white crack. but maybe just a fast finisher, im not sure. i want something sweet and sativa so maybe fantasmo express

I have a humidity dome over them but you're right my tent's humidity is only 20%. Do you think i need a humidifier because of such low humidity?

I planted the tyrone special today, I need to get on top of the seeds sooner but i had a lot to get done and it too had its true leaves starting to form. the other plants seemed to have perked up a bit over night but not great. I'm on a 24/7 light cycle now because im using the heat from the lights as my space heater.
Again, im not worried about losing them right now as I have a bunch of seeds (except the orange crack, its not looking good and I have no more OC seeds).

tl;dr
I'm probably just having growing pains in trying to get this new tent dialed in
I have serious low humidity when lights are on I got a 30.00 cool mist humidifier took my humidity from 28% to 50-55% it makes a great difference.
My plants won't grow when it's that low and leaves are so dry I have to turn it off at lights out because then it goes to 80-90%

Dialing your environment in is hardest part this is my 3 Rd run I'm now feel im able to control everything heat, humidity etc took 9 months of trying and buying you will get it once you do you will know plants will explode in growth.

Last edited:
Hello, MsU. Sorry to hear that you are still having issues. It definitely sounds like under watering to me. I can just tell you what works for me. I never do the shot glass thing up front. First, I completely soak my small pot of medium(coco) with 6.0 ph'd water with a little Great White(root stimulator) mixed in. I let it drain for 10-15 minutes. I grab my seedling(tap root already showing from paper towel method), and use a wooden toothpick to make the hole, and place the seedling in. I don't pack the medium tight, but I do pack it enough for stem support. I then use a clear plastic cup for a humidity dome. Leave it domed, without watering it for 48 hours. After 48 hours, lift dome, and even if it looks fine, I water it just enough to wet the small root zone.(maybe then, a shot glass or two) If the seedling looks healthy enough, I completely remove humidity dome. If I am unsure, I put something under the dome to prop it open a little, to let it breath,(maybe small stone, etc) and leave it another 48 hours. By day 4, all domes are gone, and they are watered as needed.(by container weight, or by just looking at seedling) By doing it this way, I have not lost a planted seedling in over 2 years now.

Also, archie, Dudeski, SCYD and Vorkosigan are on to something with the humidity thing. I would say 60% or so for veg. I would put a small humidifier in there, if you have that option. If not, the methods they described work way better than you might think. Hope this helps. Good luck to you with the OC, and good growing to all the AFN family.

This is my "state of the art" humidity control unit.
DSCN0278.JPG

Last edited:
That's such a bummer! Hopefully you can start again soon.
in another week or two i will be going again, just a lot of things happening with begin back in the hospital and move and all.

Going over my seed collection, i think im going to give my mystermix a go and see just what i can get. I love getting a good myster because when it's mephisto its always good. im thinking of dropping one or two beans a week for a perpetual harvest. 6 plants is my goal so there's a 2 week windown for me to catch up on everything related to my buds.

So here's the game plan, I have someone who contacted me about getting a few extra orange crack seeds to try, i am going to take them up on the offer and try to grow one again so i can say this thread isn't a waste.

Beyond that, here's my list i am just germinating for my grow space

white crack
alien vs triangle f2
fantasmo express
3 bears og
toofless alien

Back