New Grower not having success

Sorry for the spotty responses, I am in Mountain Standard Time in the USA and work a job and half, so forgive me if I don't get back right away. I have read a lot about FFHF and OF. Seems that OF comes with EVERYTHING and then some. Happy Frog seems to be less concentrated and not as many additives. The Tech from Technaflora called me yesterday, and said that if I am using FFHF I won't need the whole nute line up and possibly just some seaweed and calmag for additives. Wow, didn't expect a non-sales pitch. Still on the fence regarding this nute line, but the tech seems genuine and said he will look up HF and call me back to get supplments dialed in. Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:
I am a Deep Water Culture grower (DWC) I am no pro, the information I'm providing you is what works for my setup.
My current flowering feeding recipe per 1 gallon of water:
Numbers in "( ... )" = recipe changed due to signs of burning
BC Boost = 7.5ml (6.0ml)
BC Bloom = 7.5ml (6.0ml)
Awesome Blossom = 1.25ml (1.0ml)
Thrive Alive B1-Red = 1.25ml (1.0ml)
Magical = 1.25ml (1.0ml)
Sugar Daddy = 6.25ml (5.0ml)

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
ed7b1df78d5b64885b83d6748e0b1194.jpg
Very nice!

Plan on starting 12 Fast Vast this weekend. Will post and ask ?'s (a lot). I've seen a lot on soil prep, still going to use the Happy Frog that I have. Any thoughts on prep? Using 3 gal pots I have been advised to use root riot cubes and germ in the posts, again, thoughts.

Use what you are most comfortable with to germinate . i soak in water 24 hours then straight to the pot . ask away, if one of us cant help we can find someone that can!

Its nice the nute company is helping you out , good service .

Have you got enough space and lights for 12 big plants?

Use what you are most comfortable with to germinate . i soak in water 24 hours then straight to the pot . ask away, if one of us cant help we can find someone that can!

Its nice the nute company is helping you out , good service .

Have you got enough space and lights for 12 big plants?
They are autos. It's not the room that would be a problem, it would be the lights.

Attachments

• 15267849_10209817120578106_5116413202785188665_n.jpg
    15267849_10209817120578106_5116413202785188665_n.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 49
You might consider only as many that the lights will grow. the rest would be a waste of seeds.

I'm not familiar with the light but it seem like each one would grow 2 plants easily . i hope you have good electric circuits feeding them.

@BigSm0 , do you mind checking out the lights? he is one of our resident led guru

I'm not familiar with the light but it seem like each one would grow 2 plants easily . i hope you have good electric circuits feeding them.

@BigSm0 , do you mind checking out the lights? he is one of our resident led guru
I do the building is on its own meter. Sorry for the short response I had to get my dogs to training class.

I must say at first glance they look pretty impressive with the meanwell strapped to the back but that's about it. Loads and loads of talk about everything but the leds themselves. Brief mention of epistar and brigelux leds. Not to cut the. Up to bad but if the lights going to replace double the hps wattage it needs to be twice as efficient. Epistar leds are not twice as efficient. They just about match hps watt for watt. Then talk of their own proprietary formula phosphor coating lol. That's how all leds get their color. Leds are blue,6500k in color naturally. The phosphor coating is on all leds but the original 6500k temp. Unless they figured a new way to apply the coating that doubles the light output I'd say they are just average with good drivers. For the price per watt apache tech uses Cree and has some major r&d going for them.

I have some reading to do but from a glance I would say they will work fine. I highly doubt 1+gpw from them though

Back