New Grower not having success

This is just the weirdest thing.....We are trying out a new nutrient line. This is a California Snow. We thought we were going to lose it. Due to nute block. But with all of your advice I was able to bring it around. It has the weirdest Branch it starts out round and then goes flat and it's like it's got three main colas. My son says he's seen this on photos but never on an auto. Has anybody else?

Attachments

• IMAG0607.jpg
    IMAG0607.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0606.jpg
    IMAG0606.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0602.jpg
    IMAG0602.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0605.jpg
    IMAG0605.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMAG0605.jpg
    IMAG0605.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 65
Ok so, I'm gearing up for the start of new grow. I am really wanting to simplify my routine after a disastrous run using Technaflora Recipe For Success. I'm looking at Bio Bizz nutrients. Can't find the soil here but I can get the nutes. I will be using FFHF. This is what I have so far for the basics. I would really like some feed back on this choice and advise on feeding or additions.

Attachments

• IMAG0622.jpg
    IMAG0622.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 29
My opinion on the grow and what I would do immediately would be to raise the lights to atleast 20". Repeat but they say 1000umoles at 12". With autos especially you want to be much lower than that. You will also get a pretty horrible spread at 12" nevermind 8". You can grab a hydrofarm par meter from amazon for 120$. Well worth the money if your in doubt and if your running allot of light.

Next is a sort of controversial suggestion even though I'm positive it would help, is to add a significant dose of calmag. I ran into stunted growth, burnt tips, slow drinking just about every problem till I increased the calmag. I even spoke to a rep from a nutrient company and he said the same thing. When in doubt give them a hefty dose. Photos have a slower metabolism while autos form and produce so rapidly. The calcium is mandatory in plant growth and needed even more with autos especially under leds.

I'd raise the lights to 20" and add 1tsp per gallon calmag and you will be one happy guy I guarantee it.

My before and after calmag solution.

'This was with the regular 1/2 tsp per gallon. View attachment 665457
1.5-2 tsp per gallon. Green healthy and perky. View attachment 665458
You are a wealth of knowledge @BigSm0 I love reading your thoughts on this. You opened my eye to this while I was growing HBSS. I don't think I ever gave you the proper credit. Bravo bud!!!

Ok so, I'm gearing up for the start of new grow. I am really wanting to simplify my routine after a disastrous run using Technaflora Recipe For Success. I'm looking at Bio Bizz nutrients. Can't find the soil here but I can get the nutes. I will be using FFHF. This is what I have so far for the basics. I would really like some feed back on this choice and advise on feeding or additions.
Fish mix is a key part too running bio bizz you should definitely look into getting it.

You are a wealth of knowledge @BigSm0 I love reading your thoughts on this. You opened my eye to this while I was growing HBSS. I don't think I ever gave you the proper credit. Bravo bud!!!
I'm far from the best but I really do like helping people out. speaking of hbbs I have about 50 seeds left so hopefully I can master it once and for all and then pass some more info on.

I'm far from the best but I really do like helping people out. speaking of hbbs I have about 50 seeds left so hopefully I can master it once and for all and then pass some more info on.
I hate to hijack a thread but you definately had some issues with your HBSS similar to mine. I can't wait to do it again with what I learned from my own grow and watching yours. Rock on brother!

Hey @retireandgrowpot I'm Burr! Thought I would stop in and say hello and check out your grows. Seems like that grow did a 360 on ya. Looks great.

For your new grow, I've done some research on roots organic nutes. People seem to love them..
Flora nova grow and bloom is another simple solution I've researched. Plus add some GO-Cal/Mag+ ?? I don't know just throwing a few ideas out there for ya. Don't know if ya tried them or not before...

Best of luck!

Not sure how or where to start a grow journal. Just started a new grow, seeds popped this morning @ 100%, thanks to the amazing advise and the wealth of information on AFN. 14 Heavy Weight Fast Vast switched to Biobizz nutes.

Space : Large room above garage but only use aprox 4 X 8
Light : 6 Super Grow LED 450
Medium : Soil FFHF perlite
Nutrients : BIOBIZZ

Attachments

• IMAG0627.jpg
    IMAG0627.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hmmmm... ever took a sniff of that calmag? Yum! It smells like goof salad dressing, dunnit?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yeah, same here! He probably saved my first two grows by pointing me to Mars lights. A real life saver! [emoji121] [emoji2] [emoji106] *hugs*

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back