Live Stoners Newbie starting to grow medicinal weed.

icmoon

Finding a Replacement for the painkillers we use
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Don't smoke.......First grow = Burple bud Fem and Super Skunk auto
Hiya, All you great people.

I've arrived here because I was looking at the American site with the same name. I had no idea 3 months ago that growing weed was so popular!.....I love it, everyones doing it, wow! I intent to grow mine for medicinal use but not smoked.

Ok. I'm a complete novice and until 3 months ago didn't give a thought about growing my own weed for pain control. Yes, I have been taking the CBD oils and the like and yes I thing they do work,.......to a certain extent, but boy, are they expensive or what! Worked out I was spending around £120 per week for me and a little for my wife (fibromylalga) I won't go into my pains & bore the socks of you but am I glad I found this site.

To cut a long story short, I found 'Sensi-Seeds' in holland and ordered 8 seeds...... 4 Purple bud Feminised, 2 Super Skunk Feminised/autoflowering and 2 regular somethings (I don't remember) Bad move I know, especially when my wife mixed 'em all up!
tom1.JPG
Armed with seeds I bought the list below:......

1: 2ft x 2ft x 5ft growtent

2: one 250 watt halide,

3: Two 300 watt LED grow light,

4: a bunch of fertilisers pots dishes,

5: Coco Coir,

6: Two Lamp Holder Socket e27 with Switch ON/OFF

7: Two pendant style hanging LED growlight bulbs

8: Four sheets of Mylar (don't ask)

10: Trotec Air lock for window venting

11: Garland GAL44LSW 24 Cell Self-Watering Propagator - Black

12: Canna 1L Terra Flores

13: Canna 50L Terra Professional Plus Soil Mix Bag

14: Gro-Sure Perlite, 10 L

15: 8 x Small 20cm Round Bell Plant Pots Planters Plastic Green Colour Garden Pots

16: Grow ligh hangers

17: Inkbird ITC-306UK Dual Relays Plug Digital Temperature Controller Heating Thermostat(No Cooling) 24 Hours Day & Night Cycle Timer,3 Pins UK Socket

18: DIGOO DG-TH1001 Indoor&Outdoor Hygrometer Thermometer Sensor

19: String

20: 10 of Whitefurze G01R25 25cm Milano Round Planter - Terracotta

21 10 Dishes for pots

22: Masterplug Indoor Power TMS24-MP 24-Hour Mechanical Segment Timer

23: Aluminium Flexible Fan Ducting (5 Metres)-4"/100mm

24: Micro lens (to see Trichromes)

25: Strainer and filter stuff

26: Balhvit3 in 1 Soil Acidity Reader, Soil Plants, potted plant soil pH and Moisture Meter, Light Intensity

27: 8 of Whitefurze G01R25 25cm Milano Round Planter

28: 20 Litres Perlite

29: 3 Core Round White Flex Flexible Cable 0.75 MM

30: Black Orchid BO-AF-100-UK 100 mm 4-Inch Diameter Axial Flo Fan

31: PH Meter

32: Watering can

33: pH Down + enough epsom salts to fill an olympic swimming pool!

34: Syrige kit

35: Magnesium carbonate

36: calcium carbonate

37:All manner of coco fertilisers and sprays to keep bugs off

38: Pea sticks

39: Neem oil

40: Spray bottle

41: more larger pots and dishes to match

Bottle of Glenmorange!!....the most important thing.

That was ten weeks ago. Next I will give an update to where I am after 10 weeks. Sorry for the long intro but I thought it best just to show what I had bought for my setup.....(and I thought this was going to be cheap!)

Of course I know you don't really 'need' all that stuff but I wanted to keep it precise and simple at the same time. My next post I'll bring you up to date and show some of the pitfalls that at least I stumbled through.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. ......So with one very VERY large malt whiskey I will bid you good bye, until next time......Cheers!,

Cmoon

hi and welcome :pass:and welcome to autos.
thats quite a list.....but i think you will find theres more,theres allways more.
start a grow journal.can fill it with as much blether as you wish,few pics now and again helps to like.
you dont smoke.should check out the meds section a ton of info to be had.
bushmills myself,wrong i know but hey.
good luck
:pighug:

Hiya, All you great people.

I've arrived here because I was looking at the American site with the same name. I had no idea 3 months ago that growing weed was so popular!.....I love it, everyones doing it, wow! I intent to grow mine for medicinal use but not smoked.

Ok. I'm a complete novice and until 3 months ago didn't give a thought about growing my own weed for pain control. Yes, I have been taking the CBD oils and the like and yes I thing they do work,.......to a certain extent, but boy, are they expensive or what! Worked out I was spending around £120 per week for me and a little for my wife (fibromylalga) I won't go into my pains & bore the socks of you but am I glad I found this site.

To cut a long story short, I found 'Sensi-Seeds' in holland and ordered 8 seeds...... 4 Purple bud Feminised, 2 Super Skunk Feminised/autoflowering and 2 regular somethings (I don't remember) Bad move I know, especially when my wife mixed 'em all up! View attachment 823030 Armed with seeds I bought the list below:......

1: 2ft x 2ft x 5ft growtent

2: one 250 watt halide,

3: Two 300 watt LED grow light,

4: a bunch of fertilisers pots dishes,

5: Coco Coir,

6: Two Lamp Holder Socket e27 with Switch ON/OFF

7: Two pendant style hanging LED growlight bulbs

8: Four sheets of Mylar (don't ask)

10: Trotec Air lock for window venting

11: Garland GAL44LSW 24 Cell Self-Watering Propagator - Black

12: Canna 1L Terra Flores

13: Canna 50L Terra Professional Plus Soil Mix Bag

14: Gro-Sure Perlite, 10 L

15: 8 x Small 20cm Round Bell Plant Pots Planters Plastic Green Colour Garden Pots

16: Grow ligh hangers

17: Inkbird ITC-306UK Dual Relays Plug Digital Temperature Controller Heating Thermostat(No Cooling) 24 Hours Day & Night Cycle Timer,3 Pins UK Socket

18: DIGOO DG-TH1001 Indoor&Outdoor Hygrometer Thermometer Sensor

19: String

20: 10 of Whitefurze G01R25 25cm Milano Round Planter - Terracotta

21 10 Dishes for pots

22: Masterplug Indoor Power TMS24-MP 24-Hour Mechanical Segment Timer

23: Aluminium Flexible Fan Ducting (5 Metres)-4"/100mm

24: Micro lens (to see Trichromes)

25: Strainer and filter stuff

26: Balhvit3 in 1 Soil Acidity Reader, Soil Plants, potted plant soil pH and Moisture Meter, Light Intensity

27: 8 of Whitefurze G01R25 25cm Milano Round Planter

28: 20 Litres Perlite

29: 3 Core Round White Flex Flexible Cable 0.75 MM

30: Black Orchid BO-AF-100-UK 100 mm 4-Inch Diameter Axial Flo Fan

31: PH Meter

32: Watering can

33: pH Down + enough epsom salts to fill an olympic swimming pool!

34: Syrige kit

35: Magnesium carbonate

36: calcium carbonate

37:All manner of coco fertilisers and sprays to keep bugs off

38: Pea sticks

39: Neem oil

40: Spray bottle

41: more larger pots and dishes to match

Bottle of Glenmorange!!....the most important thing.

That was ten weeks ago. Next I will give an update to where I am after 10 weeks. Sorry for the long intro but I thought it best just to show what I had bought for my setup.....(and I thought this was going to be cheap!)

Of course I know you don't really 'need' all that stuff but I wanted to keep it precise and simple at the same time. My next post I'll bring you up to date and show some of the pitfalls that at least I stumbled through.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. ......So with one very VERY large malt whiskey I will bid you good bye, until next time......Cheers!,

Cmoon

So glad you could make it bud!! Really looking forward to seeing your grow. If you need any help feel free to tag or private message me.

So glad you could make it bud!! Really looking forward to seeing your grow. If you need any help feel free to tag or private message me.
Yup, thanks for that info 912. This really does look like the best site around, I've already made my mind up to go fully 'auto' after this nightmare grow, I've got a bloody forest in what was a kitchen right now! Thanks again and no doubt will speak more in the future.

Jeez bud....120 pounds a week for both of you to medicate is obscene!! Wouldnt take long to make up for the cost of supplies to grow your own!!
A forest in the kitchen? Haha :D It can often be a fine line between not enough and too much!!

hi and welcome :pass:and welcome to autos.
thats quite a list.....but i think you will find theres more,theres allways more.
start a grow journal.can fill it with as much blether as you wish,few pics now and again helps to like.
you dont smoke.should check out the meds section a ton of info to be had.
bushmills myself,wrong i know but hey.
good luck
:pighug:
Nowt wrong with a Bushmills! Appreciate the advice and yup, I will put my journal up on here if for no reason but to help others not to make the same mistakes I've made..........Now where did I put that machette?

Nowt wrong with a Bushmills! Appreciate the advice and yup, I will put my journal up on here if for no reason but to help others not to make the same mistakes I've made..........Now where did I put that machette?

Haha i am all about the machete bud!! Have a hack at this one for a few swings!
IMG_5811.JPG

The only thing about switching to an all auto grow....is you are currently taking cbd oils....with autos the best cbd strain still have a ratio of 1:2, which means they might have double the amount of CBD than thc, but the thc in the strains will come with a certain amount of psycho activity. I think the thc is medicinal all in its own, but if you don't like the buzz it gives it might not be for you.
Also you have to consider method of ingestion since you don't smoke. Utilizing tincture might be the best option. I know it is for my upper neck(24/7 chronic nerve pain).

Back