Lighting NEW GN MODULES

Our initial plan when we started designing this unit back in April 2015 was to produce a low hanging, multiple bar style light which would have a similar length and width to the target area (3ftx3ft-4ftxft). After testing prototypes we decided that though the light distribution was quite uniform the practicality of sending the light and accessing the plants in a grow room was not ideal and we concluded the light would need to be partly assembled when it arrived with the customer.

We then pivoted towards a much more compact plug and play fixture which needs to be hung higher above the canopy at a similar height to a 600w HPS fixture. The issue we faced with this was using traditional circular spot optics meant the uniformity of intensity and spectra was terrible and the light would have the classic high intensity central hot spot which degrades a plants natural qualities and a larger secondary intensity which isn't sufficient for optimal growth.

Then came the development of our single stage holographic optics. These provide a higher uniformity than any HPS or LED system available and a single homogeneous intensity region for growth. The issue with just using the same optical system as the HS1 was the low optical efficiency of a two stage system which we wanted to improve on a larger powered system. With our new single stage holographic optic, all our simulations are achieving over a 99% transmission efficiency. To put that in prospective that's higher than optical glass/silica with an AR coating and around 10-15% higher then wide spot circular TIR optics (which most LED grow lights use).

So in summary the new light is very different to any other fixture available but you can assume for the units will cover an area between a 3ftx3ft to 4ftxft depending on the intensity required. Typical hanging heights are going to be in and around the 2ft mark from the top canopy. The size is going to be compact and easy to hang in a grow room and easy to access and inspect your plants.

Thanks for updating everyone! I'm actually quite curious myself about this next lineup you guys have coming out. I'm not sure if it's been discussed before or if you're even able to release the information yet, but any idea what kind of price point we could be looking at for one of the units that would cover the 3x3 / 4x4 grow areas? Even a ballpark figure? :biggrin: Love seeing the technologies advance! :cheers:

Thanks for updating everyone! I'm actually quite curious myself about this next lineup you guys have coming out. I'm not sure if it's been discussed before or if you're even able to release the information yet, but any idea what kind of price point we could be looking at for one of the units that would cover the 3x3 / 4x4 grow areas? Even a ballpark figure? :biggrin: Love seeing the technologies advance! :cheers:

To be honest I don't want to disclose anything on price right now. I want to keep that information quiet until we are ready launch because we are hoping to set a new bench mark in affordability for a high performance LED system. We want to shock our competitors and impress our customers and be first to market with the new model T of the horticulture industry. Everything will be announced of the AFN first though and we are not too far way from that point.

To be honest I don't want to disclose anything on price right now. I want to keep that information quiet until we are ready launch because we are hoping to set a new bench mark in affordability for a high performance LED system. We want to shock our competitors and impress our customers and be first to market with the new model T of the horticulture industry. Everything will be announced of the AFN first though and we are not too far way from that point.

I completely understand and appreciate your explanation! Might have to start dropping some coins in my piggy bank for the future! Excited for the day I can turn off my HPS lights for the last time! Just wanted to say thanks for everything you guys do here!

We have been hearing "not much longer" for months lol, when is this thing going to drop?? We are dying out here

We have been hearing "not much longer" for months lol, when is this thing going to drop?? We are dying out here
Sorry about the wait and delays, I guess its becoming pretty typical on AFN for a GN release. We wanted to the make sure the light is fully tested and debugged before we release it for mass production. We have been hoping to launch the new unit towards the back end of August but I think sometime in September is more realistic with some of our updated lead times on components. To an extent we are playing it by ear ourselves but we will set a clear and confirmed date when all components are fabricated and ready to assemble in house.

Sorry about the wait and delays, I guess its becoming pretty typical on AFN for a GN release. We wanted to the make sure the light is fully tested and debugged before we release it for mass production. We have been hoping to launch the new unit towards the back end of August but I think sometime in September is more realistic with some of our updated lead times on components. To an extent we are playing it by ear ourselves but we will set a clear and confirmed date when all components are fabricated and ready to assemble in house.
I for one have no problem waiting and appreciate waiting a little longer for a better end product. And further more the new fixture will be almost perfect timing :)

Team GN .

What a great response .
Thanks for shedding some light on the forthcoming release (sorry I couldn't help it).

Really exciting news.!!
You most certainly have my attention.

Cheers for keeping us updated!
DBag

Thank you GN, I was really just goofin I know that yall make the best products on the planet when it comes to LED's so wait we will, happily as stated above lol. Thank you for the response though, I am almost sure I will be adding 2 of the new GN units along with my CMH's annnnd the natural sun. SO that will be Natuaral sun PLUS new GN tech PLUS CMH(ceramic metal halide) I think I might grow some beasts! Whoooo hooo

:gary:
:cools::cools:

Perfect! I think I've found the perfect grow area for a larger array!

I won't put all the quotes in :)

I must now get the measurements, Great news and many thanks GN.

:frog:
:woody:

:pass:

:peace:

MikeyB

Our initial plan when we started designing this unit back in April 2015 was to produce a low hanging, multiple bar style light which would have a similar length and width to the target area (3ftx3ft-4ftxft). After testing prototypes we decided that though the light distribution was quite uniform the practicality of sending the light and accessing the plants in a grow room was not ideal and we concluded the light would need to be partly assembled when it arrived with the customer.

We then pivoted towards a much more compact plug and play fixture which needs to be hung higher above the canopy at a similar height to a 600w HPS fixture. The issue we faced with this was using traditional circular spot optics meant the uniformity of intensity and spectra was terrible and the light would have the classic high intensity central hot spot which degrades a plants natural qualities and a larger secondary intensity which isn't sufficient for optimal growth.

Then came the development of our single stage holographic optics. These provide a higher uniformity than any HPS or LED system available and a single homogeneous intensity region for growth. The issue with just using the same optical system as the HS1 was the low optical efficiency of a two stage system which we wanted to improve on a larger powered system. With our new single stage holographic optic, all our simulations are achieving over a 99% transmission efficiency. To put that in prospective that's higher than optical glass/silica with an AR coating and around 10-15% higher then wide spot circular TIR optics (which most LED grow lights use).

So in summary the new light is very different to any other fixture available but you can assume for the units will cover an area between a 3ftx3ft to 4ftxft depending on the intensity required. Typical hanging heights are going to be in and around the 2ft mark from the top canopy. The size is going to be compact and easy to hang in a grow room and easy to access and inspect your plants.

More than a little excited this sounds really groundbreaking. Can't wait for the first AFN test grow! I wonder who's best to put the light through its paces! Lol [emoji6]

Back