Lighting NEW GN MODULES

Last edited:
Sounds cool though.

By the time I start growing again I'll keep my eye out for these units on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds cool though.

By the time I start growing again I'll keep my eye out for these units on eBay.

My strong advice would be to wait for the GN light ,If its grams per watts your after..yes its a wait but as previously mentioned i think it would be a grave mistake to blow all that cash on the wrong light. results is what counts nothing more.

My strong advice would be to wait for the GN light ,If its grams per watts your after..yes its a wait but as previously mentioned i think it would be a grave mistake to blow all that cash on the wrong light. results is what counts nothing more.

Lol that's what I mean bro!

Loads of bargains to be snagged on eBay, and I'm talking years before I need to buy lights again.

Cheers

Good to see this thread picking up some steam.
Goes without saying that I'm very very interested in anything GN bring out next.

My biggest question (I fully respect the privacy of GN at this time) - but it's about the shape of the light (and shape of the footprint) and also the hanging distance.

Whoops - I think that's two questions for the genie ...

Good to see this thread picking up some steam.
Goes without saying that I'm very very interested in anything GN bring out next.

My biggest question (I fully respect the privacy of GN at this time) - but it's about the shape of the light (and shape of the footprint) and also the hanging distance.

Whoops - I think that's two questions for the genie ...

Our initial plan when we started designing this unit back in April 2015 was to produce a low hanging, multiple bar style light which would have a similar length and width to the target area (3ftx3ft-4ftxft). After testing prototypes we decided that though the light distribution was quite uniform the practicality of sending the light and accessing the plants in a grow room was not ideal and we concluded the light would need to be partly assembled when it arrived with the customer.

We then pivoted towards a much more compact plug and play fixture which needs to be hung higher above the canopy at a similar height to a 600w HPS fixture. The issue we faced with this was using traditional circular spot optics meant the uniformity of intensity and spectra was terrible and the light would have the classic high intensity central hot spot which degrades a plants natural qualities and a larger secondary intensity which isn't sufficient for optimal growth.

Then came the development of our single stage holographic optics. These provide a higher uniformity than any HPS or LED system available and a single homogeneous intensity region for growth. The issue with just using the same optical system as the HS1 was the low optical efficiency of a two stage system which we wanted to improve on a larger powered system. With our new single stage holographic optic, all our simulations are achieving over a 99% transmission efficiency. To put that in prospective that's higher than optical glass/silica with an AR coating and around 10-15% higher then wide spot circular TIR optics (which most LED grow lights use).

So in summary the new light is very different to any other fixture available but you can assume for the units will cover an area between a 3ftx3ft to 4ftxft depending on the intensity required. Typical hanging heights are going to be in and around the 2ft mark from the top canopy. The size is going to be compact and easy to hang in a grow room and easy to access and inspect your plants.

Back