New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

Looking good!
I also will never use NLS again, but accidentally loaded 5 5 gal pots ready to go with NLS ! Stupid cheap mistake. I've been debating what to do - chuck all 5 5 gallon pots? Dilute it? Run it with water only, with lower expectations.... My plant suffering from NLS disease looks really bad, and I expect her trichome production will be much less, from what i see. I dont know, since I've never been here before, and hope I'm wrong....
I think this is the real reason experts here are treading on the line, and advising us what to do "next time". They know major issues cannot be corrected in an autoflower with this kind of soil. Pushing across the finish line, I now see, in my case was a waste of energy - but a good lesson learned. Please note, we can see inconsistency with this product, as I have a few plants that are appear ok, and one that's much worse than yours!

i wish you well in your choices. I've seen & heard enough for my taste. I'm too new to this to be attached to anything. If I were to ever try it again, I would do water only. PERIOD!

Looking good!
I also will never use NLS again, but accidentally loaded 5 5 gal pots ready to go with NLS ! Stupid cheap mistake. I've been debating what to do - chuck all 5 5 gallon pots? Dilute it?

ide dump it all into a large tote, add 100 red worms, keep it evenly watered and leave it for a few months. Maybe add some grokashi and bennies. Then use it on a tester plant and see what happens.
GL

ide dump it all into a large tote, add 100 red worms, keep it evenly watered and leave it for a few months. Maybe add some grokashi and bennies. Then use it on a tester plant and see what happens.
GL
Yeah!
Unless someone puts something harmful in their grow, never throw media away. There are ways of remediation to take care of any problem that can arise.

GL
Doing these things is basically "cooking" or prepping the spoil.. Adding worms will break down organic material and make even more nutrients available.. So will bokashi and beneficial microbes. The longer it sits and works, the hotter (nutrient filled) the soil will get.. I think he may want a way to lessen the current nutrient levels..

I think the 2 main issues with the NLS is that we don't know what's in it or how much of each ingredient/nutrient..., and that it's a time release/slow release product like miracle grow.. I'm not sure how you combat those two things combined. If you knew what was in it, maybe you could flush it down to a certain level. But then it's still time/slow release.. So it's still going to release nutrients after a flush.. And we still don't know how much or which nutrients are being released or when... That's why my advise was/is to not pre mix it.. You're pretty much married to it at that point. You can try to reuse it of course.. But without a soil test from a lab, you have zero clue about the nutrients or their levels.. Or what's missing and what is in excess..

This is a link to what a good soil has in it and the proper levels.. The basic info for any soil user..

Hi @Proph ,I have noted you use the Malibu mix of bas.
I was wondering why you chose this blend over the others.

I first thought of using 3.0 for my next grow.
I saw you mention you used Malibu with just water 90% of the grow and I think you add the craft blend nutrition mix for the other 10%?

That is pretty much what I said tp Big Sul. But he only has a couple weeks left it may hold out long enough for them to finish, it will take time for the organic to build up again is what we are hoping. It's a tough call maybe another flush in a week, though I'd rather not see him do so. Flushing a flowering plant is a very last resort and I was loath to advise it.

Doing these things is basically "cooking" or prepping the spoil.. Adding worms will break down organic material and make even more nutrients available.. So will bokashi and beneficial microbes. The longer it sits and works, the hotter (nutrient filled) the soil will get.. I think he may want a way to lessen the current nutrient levels..

I think the 2 main issues with the NLS is that we don't know what's in it or how much of each ingredient/nutrient..., and that it's a time release/slow release product like miracle grow.. I'm not sure how you combat those two things combined. If you knew what was in it, maybe you could flush it down to a certain level. But then it's still time/slow release.. So it's still going to release nutrients after a flush.. And we still don't know how much or which nutrients are being released or when... That's why my advise was/is to not pre mix it.. You're pretty much married to it at that point. You can try to reuse it of course.. But without a soil test from a lab, you have zero clue about the nutrients or their levels.. Or what's missing and what is in excess..

This is a link to what a good soil has in it and the proper levels.. The basic info for any soil user..

Which nature's living soil additive did you use? The original? The Auto mix?
I've actually had pretty good luck with the stuff so far.

Back