New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

A member on another site used NLS and had similar/same issues. 12oz. NLS mixed with FFOF in 5 gal pots watered with distilled water. The brown spots started in veg. He had a soil analysis done. Appears that the NLS was the culprit. When I saw these issues in my grows I started adding cal/mag, high phosphorous amendments along with Recharge and Mammoth P when symptoms didn’t improve. Seeing this data I now see that I just made things worse. No more NLS soils for me unless I use it as part of a tea recipe. I wonder what the analysis looks like without the NLS?
19815A9C-2F32-4DDE-BF83-946D47E9AD9A.jpeg

Last edited:
Dayum ,
I got a fun 9 weeks of flowering coming up .:joy:

I wonder what my soil would have tested for my first grow. My shit mix was bottom 1/3 nls and coco loco potting mix.

Current is 9.6 oz nls with ffof.
And some coco loco in the center from the transplant.

@Proph We all appreciate your comments and experience, and its from that we all learn. Sometimes, being bold, takes courage to give others bad news.... eventhough there are many paths to the goal, or no singular answer that is the only way. Its our job to sort out it all out at the end of the day. thanks for your 1,2 and 3 cents - well will take it !

A member on another site used NLS and had similar/same issues. 12oz. NLS mixed with FFOF in 5 gal pots watered with distilled water. The brown spots started in veg. He had a soil analysis done. Appears that the NLS was the culprit. When I saw these issues in my grows I started adding cal/mag, high phosphorous amendments along with Recharge and Mammoth P when symptoms didn’t improve. Seeing this data I now see that I just made things worse. No more NLS soils for me unless I use it as part of a tea recipe. I wonder what the analysis looks like without the NLS?
View attachment 1298467
Just want to say that this is a perfect example of what I mean, and why I posted the lab soil test video.. I don't know if this is real or not.. But let's just pretend it is.. Each nutrient that is listed as HIGH, is locking out one or more other nutrients... So even though it show K to be in optimal range, the excess of nitrogen will lock it out.. It's such a delicate balance.. Once that balance is off, it's almost impossible to get it back in line when growing autos.. That's why transparency is so important and why less is always more.

That's why transparency is so important and why less is always more.
BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knockout!
Drove that nail with one stroke!..............and the other part is no so bad either! :biggrin: :funny:

Back