New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

Not bad, stick to water only and you should be fine.
Okay, I'll give it a shot...I only got the idea after seeing customer pictures and was a little let down..

@WildBill yes, i remember that crazy storm in summer of 2011. hail damage in Scottdale like crazy. It was also the same time frame as the famous Haboob that carpeted phoenix. I remember watching it, then hiding from it, after it swallowed us up. tooks weeks to clean up!

Yup! That was it! It was pretty damn crazy!

I got aggressive with teas & topdress and paid the price.
Those can burn your plants??? Growers Recharge, Fish Shit (actual name) Tribus bacteria are all just enzymes microbes and bacteria with a little humic acid in recharge as well..The NPK on Neptunes harvest is 0-0-1 ..I don't see how any of that could hurt, especially in small amounts, unless you are talking about something besides burn? A buddy used living soil with a light fert and fish shit and that ethos plant is legendary if you google Ethos OG KUSH that plant comes up..You'll know it when you see it

I'm gonna watch how the plants respond of course without anything...IF they're thriving I'll leave it alone..

But now ya know! Just like me and EarthBoxes.
Yes I do. I'm extremely happy with this learning experience. How else was I going to learn to not touch the fire? I'm just glad I only received minor burns(pun intended) and I'm still here, still enthusiastic, still want to learn, plant still growing.

This is what I THINK happened. In consult with experienced growers, we believe that original issue may have been lockout. In efforts to remedy that situation, a calcium def arose due to my use of rainwater. I have since started using tapwater (197 ppm) with calmag (3ml/gal) for a total of 310ppm. Fingers crossed.

Day 55
IMG_2167.JPG

Day 47
IMG_2168.JPG

This is what I THINK happened. In consult with experienced growers, we believe that original issue may have been lockout. In efforts to remedy that situation, a calcium def arose due to my use of rainwater. I have since started using tapwater (197 ppm) with calmag (3ml/gal) for a total of 310ppm. Fingers crossed.

Day 55
View attachment 1293975

Day 47
View attachment 1293974
Theoretically the NLS should have had more than enough calcium since they put dolomite lime in it. I went back and looked through the thread but couldn't find if you used the straight nls as a top dress and for the tea or how much you used per gallon but if you did and used a bit too much, that could end up being very concentrated and hot as the dickens. That alone could have thrown everything out of whack and end up amplifying the issue you were fighting from the start with the layering method.. Best thing to use for a tea would be just some earth worm castings, a little mollases and 24 hours of bubbles at about 78 degrees. The point of the tea in a system like that would be to add beneficial bacteria as opposed to feed the plants. Best thing to use for a top dress would be buildasoil.coms "build a flower top dress kit."
Looks good and youll still get a nice harvest and next run will be a piece of cake with the right weapons.
GL

Back