New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

He's in the desert.
Deserts can be one of the worst areas. Some strains of pm live in arid regions.. rh is normally in the 20s-30s here but pm explodes some years and is visible on many of the shrubs around the house where it starts fruiting and blastig spores into the air

ide not run a high rh in that scenario personally.. at least not during flower..its not worth the risk..

Deserts can be one of the worst areas. Some strains of pm live in arid regions.. rh is normally in the 20s-30s here but pm explodes some years and is visible on many of the shrubs around the house where it starts fruiting and blastig spores into the air

ide not run a high rh in that scenario personally.. at least not during flower..its not worth the risk..
Really???? Well Hell! LOL!

edit..............I guess he'll have to make sure he has good air flow in the tent and good air exchange.
Thanks for the info and link! Love learning! :headbang: :headbang:

Garage closet converted. (19"x48"x60")
Fox farm Happy Frog
3-gal fabric pots
2- AutoCobs
Natures Living Soil
10" fan
Humidifier

Dropped seeds in water (Jack Herrer, Gg#4). Going directly into SuperSoil in the AM.
Closer is currently 79deg, 70%rh
Lights are 36"
View attachment 1273766
I just bought 10 pounds for Auto Flowers. but the pictures I've seen that were just the living soil with nothing else were not very impressive plants. The impressive plants were the growers who used LS along with some extra kick. I plan on using Fish Shit (actual name) Neptunes Harvest sea weed and liquid fish, Golden Tree, along with Sweet Sticky, Tribus Grow bacteria and Bloom Bacteria. all are Organic and have had great luck with these supplements already...

Really???? Well Hell! LOL!

edit..............I guess he'll have to make sure he has good air flow in the tent and good air exchange.
Thanks for the info and link! Love learning! :headbang: :headbang:

Yeah one year I got a hold of two OG kush clones and both had pm within a few days of putting them in the tent. I thought wow thats odd, the guy I got them from must have had pm...So I tossed them, cleaned the tent out...Started from seed... and those got pm as well, but in mid flower though. Ended up tossing ***everything*** (tent lights fans filters an lb of buds etc) and took a break for a while I was so pissed off.. Its been s while now with no pm visible on the property and none in my tent... (knock on wood)
All it really takes with these arid strains is a poorly timed foliar feed, temp change, poor air flow, or transpiring leaves touching under the right conditions (during a pm outbreak) and boom youre screwed! VPD guidelines are really good to follow, but there is a point where youre returns start to diminish considering other factors. I mean, pm spores are generally in the air at all times.. but some years there are exponentially more..which drastically increases the odds of an outbreak..

I just bought 10 pounds for Auto Flowers. but the pictures I've seen that were just the living soil with nothing else were not very impressive plants. The impressive plants were the growers who used LS along with some extra kick. I plan on using Fish Shit (actual name) Neptunes Harvest sea weed and liquid fish, Golden Tree, along with Sweet Sticky, Tribus Grow bacteria and Bloom Bacteria. all are Organic and have had great luck with these supplements already...
Is LS bad or something? I've been a devout Coco Loco User

Yeah one year I got a hold of two OG kush clones and both had pm within a few days of putting them in the tent. I thought wow thats odd, the guy I got them from must have had pm...So I tossed them, cleaned the tent out...Started from seed... and those got pm as well, but in mid flower though. Ended up tossing ***everything*** (tent lights fans filters an lb of buds etc) and took a break for a while I was so pissed off.. Its been s while now with no pm visible on the property and none in my tent... (knock on wood)
All it really takes with these arid strains is a poorly timed foliar feed, temp change, poor air flow, or transpiring leaves touching under the right conditions (during a pm outbreak) and boom youre screwed! VPD guidelines are really good to follow, but there is a point where youre returns start to diminish considering other factors. I mean, pm spores are generally in the air at all times.. but some years there are exponentially more..which drastically increases the odds of an outbreak..
Good to know!:thumbsup:

I'm in Phx as well and PM/mold can happen out here very easily. The rh in my tents never gets above 40 for that reason. It's def not worth the risk. Everyone's situation/location/environment is different.

I'm in Phx as well and PM/mold can happen out here very easily. The rh in my tents never gets above 40 for that reason. It's def not worth the risk. Everyone's situation/location/environment is different.
I forgot about that.
I moved some guys with a stealth grow, I think in 09, from Mesa to the Humboldt area. I didn't get too deep into the particulars of their grow, other than being organic. I just never knew PM was still a problem out there.
I guess it's just nature exploiting every environmental possibility!

I wonder how those guys faired in their move. I do know they had friends there that grew some insanely powerful canna. I sampled some before they took me to the Redwood National Forrest. With the canna, the Redwood trees sure made an impression! LOL!

Last edited:
I forgot about that.
I moved some guys with a stealth grow, I think in 09, from Mesa to the Humboldt area. I didn't get too deep into the particulars of their grow, other than being organic. I just never knew PM was still a problem out there.
I guess it's just nature exploiting every environmental possibility!
It lays dormant and waits for prime conditions like most spores.. The only time the heat helps keep it dormant is deep into the summer. 9 out of 12 months the temps are prime for mold and PM.. The only thing missing is that prime humidity lol. Several of our major dispensaries are KNOWN for mold and PM.. Like you can see it on the buds they sell.. But since we JUST started requiring weed to be tested here starting in 2021, they were free to sell it without consequence for over a decade..

@WildBill yes, i remember that crazy storm in summer of 2011. hail damage in Scottdale like crazy. It was also the same time frame as the famous Haboob that carpeted phoenix. I remember watching it, then hiding from it, after it swallowed us up. tooks weeks to clean up!

Back