New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

Just wanted to chime in on the ppm run off thing.. Yeah.. 600 sound low from What I know has been done.. So just wanna make sure your getting the run off thing right. What you'll want to do is use about a half to 1 gallon of plain water (0 ppm preferred).. and water 1 cupful at a time directly into the middle of the pot. Right at and around the stem. Do this until you start to get run off. Collect a cupful and dump it out.. Don't check the ppms on the first two cups of run off.. Check it on the third cup. That should give you a more precise reading. The water in the cup that you check the ppms of should be a rusty brownish color..

Just wanted to chime in on the ppm run off thing.. Yeah.. 600 sound low from What I know has been done.. So just wanna make sure your getting the run off thing right. What you'll want to do is use about a half to 1 gallon of plain water (0 ppm preferred).. and water 1 cupful at a time directly into the middle of the pot. Right at and around the stem. Do this until you start to get run off. Collect a cupful and dump it out.. Don't check the ppms on the first two cups of run off.. Check it on the third cup. That should give you a more precise reading. The water in the cup that you check the ppms of should be a rusty brownish color..
Understood. I watered entire pot to runoff, 12 & 17 oz respectively. The color WAS rusty brown. Do you recommend me doing it again tomorrow when I will need to water again? While I don't like what happened, I absolutely LOVE "drilling down" to determine what is going on. I now understand what you told me weeks ago about "no need to guess".

This all came together for me this morning when I went for a walk. While listening to my music I had the AHA moment. I heard what you guys were saying, but it wasn't all coming together. I again went straight to some sort of def. I didn't quite understand how confident both you and @pop22 we're in your definitive positions. At one point I questioned what was being said by you guys cuz I WANTED to hear calmag. This way I add it and I'm good. It wasn't until about mile 3 of walk when it all clicked. If I choose to engage with someone who has experience, I need to listen to what they are saying, NOT choose the answer that supports my uneducated, inexperienced, GUESS. Do I want input from experience or do I want to find someone who provides the answer that I want to hear. I KNEW at that moment what you guys were saying, and I knew what I did. I remembered another guy saying he got spots when he used teas with Girl Flower Power(an organic flowering supplement by Natures Living Soil). I had previously corresponded with a guy at NLS who sent me a free bag of GFP. Told me to use as teas and topdress.

I immediately turned around and came home and started reading my AFN journal/notes and there it was on post # 257 & #275. TEA, TEA, TOPDRESS, WATER, PROBLEMS. I heard what @Proph and @pop22 were saying, but I wasn't listening. I can't tell you guys how many self inflicted wounds I have from my EGO.

This is humbling to say the least.

Understood. I watered entire pot to runoff, 12 & 17 oz respectively. The color WAS rusty brown. Do you recommend me doing it again tomorrow when I will need to water again? While I don't like what happened, I absolutely LOVE "drilling down" to determine what is going on. I now understand what you told me weeks ago about "no need to guess".
If you're in fabric pots and have a fan in the tent, you can check the run off as often as you like. Just have the fan pointed at, or near the pot for a few hours to help it dry a little quicker.

If you're in fabric pots and have a fan in the tent, you can check the run off as often as you like. Just have the fan pointed at, or near the pot for a few hours to help it dry a little quicker.
New numbers will be provided shortly.

Might want to get your hygrometer off the ground.. its gonna be the most humid and the most cold on the floor as the plants transpire the cold wet air drops.and the windbreak from the canopy keeps it around longer down there... you wont have an accurate reading... Put it near canopy level on the wall if possible..or use some string or something to hang it at canopy level. That will tell give you a more accurate reading.
GL

Might want to get your hygrometer off the ground.. its gonna be the most humid and the most cold on the floor as the plants transpire the cold wet air drops.and the windbreak from the canopy keeps it around longer down there... you wont have an accurate reading... Put it near canopy level on the wall if possible..or use some string or something to hang it at canopy level. That will tell give you a more accurate reading.
GL
He's got a probe hanging at the canopy. I looked at that too, LOL!
Above the right girl
img_2150-jpg.1292304

He's got a probe hanging at the canopy. I looked at that too, LOL!
Above the right girl
img_2150-jpg.1292304
Yeah ide start getting that down to 60 or below personally...

GL
I have a Bluetooth one hanging at the canopy. Thx for lookin out.

Back