New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

Claim:
""It is highly likely a cal/mag issue. We have noticed a pattern with FFHF and suspect that they are no longer buffering their coco coir which saves them money but unbuffered coco coir (the main ingredient of FFOF) will hold on to calcium and magnesium" "

Reality:
"Ingredients: Composted forest humus, sphagnum peat moss, Pacific Northwest sea-going fish emulsion, crab meal, shrimp meal, earthworm castings, sandy loam, perlite, bat guano, granite dust, Norwegian kelp, and oyster shell (for pH adjustment). "

"FoX fArM OcEaN ForEsts MaIn InGrEdIeNt iS cOcO" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

From some dorks literally and figuratively selling 40 dollar bags of crap.

I'm waiting for runoff in 2nd pot to drain to get ph & ppm. First one were interesting. Be back soon.

What does this info tell us?

GG4 - watered w/rainwater ph'd to 6.4. 12oz of runoff measured 606ppm & 6.5ph

GSC - same as above, results 17oz runoff 600ppm & 6.4ph.

Hope I did this correctly. I used approximately 3/4 gal per plant to achieve the desired runoff. I pored runoff into clean container & measured ppm & ph. It took a hour to water. Water, let soak in, water, soak, water, soak. Starting water is 18ppm(rainwater), ph of rw starts at 6.7. I bring it down to 6.4 using ph down.

Last edited:
No new info other than pics of the gals. While I wish the condition of the plants were different, I must say that I am viewing the process thru a different set of glasses. I'm interested in what you guys think of the runoff readings last night.

Took these just now.
IMG_2150.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG

What part of the light cycle is that pic?

I see something you really need to get a handle on.
Your humidity is all over the place! Girls are in flower now and your humidity needs to come down. Paying close attention to VPD, hence rH and temp, will pay in growth and bud development.

What part of the light cycle is that pic?

I see something you really need to get a handle on.
Your humidity is all over the place! Girls are in flower now and your humidity needs to come down. Paying close attention to VPD, hence rH and temp, will pay in growth and bud development.
That humidity meter is on the ground between 2 fully watered pots. I focus on the Bluetooth that I have at the canopy. Those readings are 71f/70%. Also in front of fan which is blowing the air from humidifier. I just moved it out of direct line of Fire.

Keep on watching me. Thx.

Last edited:
That humidity meter is on the ground between 2 fully watered pots. I focus on the Bluetooth that I have at the canopy. Those readings are 71f/70%.
Ok.........the humidity still needs to come down,
Your VPD is 0.48 kPa and should be 0.8-1.2

Ok.........the humidity still needs to come down,
Your VPD is 0.48 kPa and should be 0.8-1.2
IMG_2153.jpgIMG_2154.jpg

I turned off the humidifier and I am able to maintain these levels. THANK YOU. I would have never even thought of turning it off with ambient rh in garage is 20%.

This is MATRIX level stuff. What I think WILL happen is not necessarily what WILL happen. Thx for the paradigm shift.

Last edited:
What does this info tell us?

GG4 - watered w/rainwater ph'd to 6.4. 12oz of runoff measured 606ppm & 6.5ph

GSC - same as above, results 17oz runoff 600ppm & 6.4ph.

Hope I did this correctly. I used approximately 3/4 gal per plant to achieve the desired runoff. I pored runoff into clean container & measured ppm & ph. It took a hour to water. Water, let soak in, water, soak, water, soak. Starting water is 18ppm(rainwater), ph of rw starts at 6.7. I bring it down to 6.4 using ph down.

That ppm is very low for an organic mix with nls added... should be more like 900-1200 at least... Ive had some tlo soil that had a runoff ppm in the 2000s... then I stopped bothering with checking it... 2000 ppm in organics is wildly different than 2000 ppm of immediately available synth nutes. Ide be watching for deficiencies to pop up at this stage when they are really hungry probably in the next two weeks.

Back