New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

It's not a deficiency, it was toxic on some mineral or element, causing lockout. Looks like P. And As I mentioned to Big Sul, nutirent related plant problems start days to weeks before you see it occur.

Just received this directly from NLS:

"It is highly likely a cal/mag issue. We have noticed a pattern with FFHF and suspect that they are no longer buffering their coco coir which saves them money but unbuffered coco coir (the main ingredient of FFOF) will hold on to calcium and magnesium"

"PS add some cal/mag to your water and she will be fine"

This is just another piece of the puzzle. What say you "rabbi's"?

I have on hand the following: (all unopened):

Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus
Recharge
MegaCrop
NLS Girl Flower Power(opened)

I will have that information ASAP. Lights come back on in 45 min and I'm going to water if needed or wait til morning. I'll run both plants til runoff. How much run off should I be looking for. Last time I was told 20% run off. 8-12 oz?

You boys are the best. This is nerve racking as it is. I'd be a nut case without you. I think u all know that I'd already have thrown the kitchen sink at it. This is a pic during lights out in case it provides value. I'm staying the course with u guys. IMG_2143.JPGIMG_2144.JPG

My new goal is to acquire knowledge so one day I am able to pay it forward.

Last edited:
Yeah.. Thag NLS reply is garbage.. How to you sell organic products and them suggest cal/mag??? Wtf??? Smh.. On top of being wrong about coco being in OF and HF.. The plant is in flower.. There wont be any new leaf development to watch for.. New leaves grow in veg... Buds grow in flower. So you have to watch the spread.

I'd be curious to see the ppms of some run off. Something tells me it's in the low thousands, like 2-3000. A nutrient lock out is also my 1st assumption.
So you have to watch the spread? What does that mean? Sorry.

So you have to watch the spread? What does that mean? Sorry.
The "spread" of the issue.. Rust spots, fading edges, yellowing etc. How and if issues are spreading can tell you if the issue is getting worse or if it's slowing. It can also give you a good idea of what nutrients are involved in the issue.. Nutrients are either mobile, or immobile. The plant can mobile nutrients to where they're needed. Those issues start showing on lower leaves and spreads upward. Immobile nutrients can't be moved around and start showing issues on upper leaves first, and spreads downward.

The "spread" of the issue.. Rust spots, fading edges, yellowing etc. How and if issues are spreading can tell you if the issue is getting worse or if it's slowing. It can also give you a good idea of what nutrients are involved in the issue.. Nutrients are either mobile, or immobile. The plant can mobile nutrients to where they're needed. Those issues start showing on lower leaves and spreads upward. Immobile nutrients can't be moved around and start showing issues on upper leaves first, and spreads downward.
Lights just came back on. Since I am watering til a decent runoff, does it matter if I water now to gather information or tomorrow morning? I could water now, but they could make it til AM also. Will either provide us additional info? I last watered 2 days ago. I've been watering every 2 days (3 gal fabric pots)

Btw, they appear to be starting on lower leaves.

Last edited:
Great explanation! Thanks!

Taken just now.IMG_2149.JPGIMG_2145.JPGIMG_2146.JPGIMG_2147.JPGIMG_2148.JPG

It appears that it started on lower leaves and it is moving up.

Last edited:
"coco in ffof"......................this is better than the sunday funneez! :rofl: ppp

Back