New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

Looks like your on your way to a nice crop!

Still a little sad about putting JH into exile, however it is what it is. Onward I go! I am pleased with the direction I'm heading. I'm really determined to understand what I'm doing. The journey has taken a front seat, rather than my normal approach and focus solely on the end goal. As always, any input/constructive criticism is welcomed.

Day 42- GG4
View attachment 1289454
Day 34- GSC
View attachment 1289455

Thank you all for ur input. My decisions when planning my FIRST GROW, I was looking for simplicity. Water only seemed very attractive for something my wife & I can do together. In the desert, environment is hard enough, so a water only option without worrying about nutes was our choice. Understand, I was drinking thru a firehouse and this is where I am. I hope my Grow continues in a positive direction. All I do know, is I am having a BLAST!!!! I mean come on!!!! I'm already thinking about my Grow AFTER my next Grow.

You've got the right idea here. To add a bit to it, remember that your first grow is above all a learning experince. A learning experience that gives you bud, but a learning experience first and foremost. You're setting your baselines for how to interact with the plants at different stages and learning about what the plants want, and subsequent grows will only get better. You've already learned a ton about not needing to futz with them on the daily, just like I had at this point in my first grow. And even moreso in flowering, less (on your part) is more. Then it turns to a patience game of when to harvest and how to slowly dry/cure the best. Another learning opportunity!

I'd start getting excited about your next grow instead of the one after that, since I think you'll be pretty dialed in already by the end of this grow.

If this is truly your first grow, I'd just like to say that it's one of the best 1st grows I've seen in while! You've figured out how to take advice from several sources and outlooks and use what applies to you and your plant, rather than just doing what it is advised. That's a success in itself! Your plants look great and your more than half way home! I try to tell people that growing a cannabis plant isn't difficult at all when you just let the plant be a plant. This is journal a good example of that. Healthy plants made great tasting/smelling flowers. You're on you're way to that!

Nothing left to say! You guys already did it!:rofl:
He's still has the last big hurdle....................drying and curing. We all know a perfect grow can not turn out the best in that department.
I think he's done outstanding work and adaption when trouble raised its head!

A heartfelt thank you to all. Each one of you has provided support & experience which gives me a data point for me to draw on going forward. Today was a great learning day. I went to the tent with a formulated game plan. What actually took place was almost 180 deg different. Everything I thought I was going to do, took a turn (most of it was for me to do nothing). I also decided to switch lights to 20/4 vice 24/0 (I concur with earlier discussions about resting) I am also watering 1 hour before lights out. This helps me with temp control during heat of the day. The resulting increased humidity seems to be really making the plants happy.

Each one of you guys @pop22 (Soil/MC), @Proph (holistic mentor),@terp182 (autopot/soil), @WildBill (my "Rock") are part of Big Sul's first Grow tapestry. I respectfully request your continued participation. I just want you guys to know the POSITIVE impact you have had in making this such a wonderful endeavor during trying times. I aspire to one day being able to "pay it forward"

RESPECT

looks like I have a little burn on the tips of GG4. Interesting considering all I've added is tea with NLS Girl Flower Power & molasses. I also did a light top dress with GFP. Going straight rainwater for a few waterings. I do like the feedback the plants are providing. While the pendulum seems to be in constant motion, i am really focusing on minimum corrections rather than a consistent over-reaction, thus limiting dramatic changes. Another focal point is is my perception of unintended consequences. I am doing everything I can to keep the pendulum swinging between 5-7 (hands of a clock) rather than 3-9.
IMG_2096.JPG

Day 43- GG4
IMG_2097.JPG

Day 35- GSC
IMG_2098.JPG

That can happen when boosting the microbial activity with teas and/or stuff like Recharge. It makes the uptake more efficient.
I've got a couple of tips on one of the girls in the 7gal pots and that's all from an organic process
Nothing big, just keep that in mind, keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't progress.

That can happen when boosting the microbial activity with teas and/or stuff like Recharge. It makes the uptake more efficient.
I've got a couple of tips on one of the girls in the 7gal pots and that's all from an organic process
Nothing big, just keep that in mind, keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't progress.
Btw, while it may be too soon to make a definitive statement, switching lights to 20/4 seems to be agreeing with the plants. They appear a little less droopy. Additionally, In your thread, you routinely refer to VPD. Not knowing much about that, it was easy for me to maintain a higher VPD in my closet. When I switched to the tent, I allowed RH to go down and didn't think much about it. I have since put another humidifier in the tent and have rh up around 60-70%. Just based on visuals, the gals seem to be comfortable in that range. I am at 34-42 days.

Any articles/input on rh/VPD for different growth stages is appreciated. I know others say they don't pay attention to rh, however I am seeing improvement w/higher rh. I do understand that as they progress further into Flower, I need to pay attention/prevent mold. It is VERY easy to lower RH. I'm in the desert.

Still a little sad about putting JH into exile, however it is what it is. Onward I go! I am pleased with the direction I'm heading. I'm really determined to understand what I'm doing. The journey has taken a front seat, rather than my normal approach and focus solely on the end goal. As always, any input/constructive criticism is welcomed.

Day 42- GG4
View attachment 1289454
Day 34- GSC
View attachment 1289455
Thx for the rep. Means a lot coming from you. ☮️

Back