New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

Thx for the input, can u elaborate? I'm a noob and an info junkie. When u say layering, im assuming u are talking about "SuperSoil" method, which is what they recommend. Why do u say not to use layering? Thx in advance.
I think layering when filling your pot is just plain silly. Those roots are gonna be all over the pot pretty quickly, thus defeating the Bro-science layering.
Just think about it. Does normal soil in nature have that kind of structure?:gary:

I think layering when filling your pot is just plain silly. Those roots are gonna be all over the pot pretty quickly, thus defeating the Bro-science layering.
Just think about it. Does normal soil in nature have that kind of structure?:gary:

Soil actually can have layering but with soil, the material is properly aged, not a 40 dollar bag of hot poop! lol

Thx for the input, can u elaborate? I'm a noob and an info junkie. When u say layering, im assuming u are talking about "SuperSoil" method, which is what they recommend. Why do u say not to use layering? Thx in advance.

Yes they suggest that you layer their "soil" probably because the smell is unbearable for a good while if you dont. They also say you can use a "living soil" method, which works better compared to the layering...Ive used supersoil that Ive made myself from base ingredients and ive used NLS. NLS isnt properly broken down (some call it cooked) upon delivery quite often...If you look around in here, you can find a multitude of posts from people having issues with nls, most of which are using the layering method. Youre better off going to buildasoil.com and using their products.

Their customer service is good though... They sent be a second bag of poo for free once because the first bag burned the dickens out of my plants. Plot twist: so did the second and final bag.

Soil actually can have layering but with soil, the material is properly aged, not a 40 dollar bag of hot poop! lol
Sure soil in the ground has layering, and you can have layering in a big no-till pot, but that's not what they are talking about.

Sure soil in the ground has layering, and you can have layering in a big no-till pot, but that's not what they are talking about.
I was responding to what you said not anyone else Bill...

"Just think about it. Does normal soil in nature have that kind of structure"

Yes it can. In fact an acquaintance and internet buddy of mine from back in the day when Overgrow was the only place to share ideas (before it got taken down), the late Subcool of TGA genetics used super soil and layering for decades to produce some of the best seeds on the planet. We discussed in detail 20 years ago.. The issue isnt necessarily the layering technique itself as much as it is the shitty product NLS produces. In nature, animals die, plants die, etc and become part of the soil...and this can produce pockets of nutrients in the ground similar to the layering technique. Its not an unnatural phenomenon to have layers or pockets of nutrients in nature. No offense, not trying to come off as an asshole.
Peace.

I was responding to what you said not anyone else Bill...

"Just think about it. Does normal soil in nature have that kind of structure"

Yes it can. In fact an acquaintance and internet buddy of mine from back in the day when Overgrow was the only place to share ideas (before it got taken down), the late Subcool of TGA genetics used super soil and layering for decades to produce some of the best seeds on the planet. We discussed in detail 20 years ago.. The issue isnt necessarily the layering technique itself as much as it is the shitty product NLS produces. In nature, animals die, plants die, etc and become part of the soil...and this can produce pockets of nutrients in the ground similar to the layering technique. Its not an unnatural phenomenon to have layers or pockets of nutrients in nature. No offense, not trying to come off as an asshole.
Peace.
I just wasn't considering what they do the same as what can occur in nature.

Thank you all for ur input. My decisions when planning my FIRST GROW, I was looking for simplicity. Water only seemed very attractive for something my wife & I can do together. In the desert, environment is hard enough, so a water only option without worrying about nutes was our choice. Understand, I was drinking thru a firehouse and this is where I am. I hope my Grow continues in a positive direction. All I do know, is I am having a BLAST!!!! I mean come on!!!! I'm already thinking about my Grow AFTER my next Grow.

Thank you all for ur input. My decisions when planning my FIRST GROW, I was looking for simplicity. Water only seemed very attractive for something my wife & I can do together. In the desert, environment is hard enough, so a water only option without worrying about nutes was our choice. Understand, I was drinking thru a firehouse and this is where I am. I hope my Grow continues in a positive direction. All I do know, is I am having a BLAST!!!! I mean come on!!!! I'm already thinking about my Grow AFTER my next Grow.
I do water only TLO style in #7 (true 5 gallon) smart pots. Simple and easy.. DM me if you want to know how I do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Sul

DCLXVI

So let it be written
Still a little sad about putting JH into exile, however it is what it is. Onward I go! I am pleased with the direction I'm heading. I'm really determined to understand what I'm doing. The journey has taken a front seat, rather than my normal approach and focus solely on the end goal. As always, any input/constructive criticism is welcomed.

Day 42- GG4
IMG_2090.JPG

Day 34- GSC
IMG_2091.JPG

Back