New Grower Natures Living Soil first Grow.

THANK YOU to the "Rabbi's".

I'm starting to "get it", and let the plants tell me what they want/need. The last couple of days I opened the tent in anticipation of doing one thing, and wound up going a different direction. If any NOOBS should read this thread, pay attention to what the experience has been enforcing. Patience, less is more, minor course corrections. In processing all the growing marijuana data available, it is very easy for me to over react. It like WEB MD, I research a headache I'm experiencing and by the time I'm done reading, I'm certain I have only 6 months to live. OCCAM's Razor is a principal I'm applying on a daily basis.

BACK TO THE BABIES!!!
View attachment 1288742

Day 44- Jack Herer
View attachment 1288743
Day 40- GG4
View attachment 1288744
Day 32- GSC
View attachment 1288745
What time of the light cycle did you take the pics? When was the last time they were watered?

I'm running lights 24/0 and I watered yesterday mid-day. I'm interested why u ask?

Well, I have some disappointing news. Bag Seed Jack is "outta here". Found a couple more BALLS.

Just need validation that it is time to go. @pop22, I stayed on top of a few, but at what time do u cut losses. I found 10+ this morning. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'm running lights 24/0 and I watered yesterday mid-day. I'm interested why u ask?
24/0 makes sense, It's the downward leaves that caused me to ask. I've never really looked very closely at the plants in a 24/0.
I can see my girls "go to sleep" from all my girls, except for Stomper, a little bit before the end of their 18h light cycle with the top leaves trending pointing down. Stomper probably could go with a longer light cycle. I think you get declining benefits in extending the light cycle beyond the getting its limit on DLI.
Here's my girls a few min ago with about 4 hrs left on their cycle. Note the upwards pointing leaves of all the girls. When you check them at first light, it's much more dramatic.That's with running the VPD around 1.01 kPa and I imagine and average ppfd in high 700s low 800s.
IMG_20210219_071355300_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210219_071422372_HDR.jpg

Do you ever see your girls "praying"? I could be wrong and it may not apply to all canna structures, I think if you don't see your girls with uplifted leaves, something is not optimal in their environment. Key word is optimal...............or they have hit their DLI.
Canna experts please correct me if I'm wrong or if you differ in opinion!!

24/0 makes sense, It's the downward leaves that caused me to ask. I've never really looked very closely at the plants in a 24/0.
I can see my girls "go to sleep" from all my girls, except for Stomper, a little bit before the end of their 18h light cycle with the top leaves trending pointing down. Stomper probably could go with a longer light cycle. I think you get declining benefits in extending the light cycle beyond the getting its limit on DLI.
Here's my girls a few min ago with about 4 hrs left on their cycle. Note the upwards pointing leaves of all the girls. When you check them at first light, it's much more dramatic.That's with running the VPD around 1.01 kPa and I imagine and average ppfd in high 700s low 800s.
View attachment 1288763View attachment 1288764
Do you ever see your girls "praying"? I could be wrong and it may not apply to all canna structures, I think if you don't see your girls with uplifted leaves, something is not optimal in their environment. Key word is optimal...............or they have hit their DLI.
Canna experts please correct me if I'm wrong or if you differ in opinion!!
Very interested in this discussion. If I should decide to go to 20/4, can I just switch or should it be gradual( 1 hour a day for 4 days).

Cannabis has no known DLI limit, that concept doesn't really make sense biologically. Some cultivars might have been developed with a dark period and therefore do poorly without one, but there's no such thing as too much DLI assuming your other 8 cardinal parameters are in check.

Very interested in this discussion. If I should decide to go to 20/4, can I just switch or should it be gradual( 1 hour a day for 4 days).
I'd just do it. Get more info and opnion on this topic before changing anything though.

I'd just do it. Get more info and opnion on this topic before changing anything though.
I have moved the JH back to the closet and out of the tent cuz of her BALLS(at least what I perceive as balls). Seriously considering giving the plant to a friend and let him play(he has an atrium). It's a shame to let her go to waste. However, I am going to test the theory and give her some darkness and see if there is a change in behavior.

Cannabis has no known DLI limit, that concept doesn't really make sense biologically. Some cultivars might have been developed with a dark period and therefore do poorly without one, but there's no such thing as too much DLI assuming your other 8 cardinal parameters are in check.

I've seen that vid a couple times. This is coming from a consistent occurrence I've observed on my girls and a couple other grows here they had enough details. I'm just trying to assign a reason for the appearance and the consistency of its occurrence.
There's something there My attributing it to DLI may not be the answer.

I've seen that vid a couple times. This is coming from a consistent occurrence I've observed on my girls and a couple other grows here they haails. I'm just trying to assign a reason for the appearance and the consistency of its occurrence.
There's something there My attributing it to DLI may not be the answer.
Well to be fair, too much DLI in the absence of the other 8 Cardinals will definitely be bad, no doubt about that.

Back